bid

OMG OMG!! Movement!!

Meg has some movement back in her wrist!!!

If she supports her hand from below, she can very slightly lift her hand!

:thumbs:>:D<<'> :thumbs:>:D<<'>

We're back to the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital on Tuesday to have her cast changed, so we'll see what they think :pray:

Please send up smoke and positive vibes...it would be the best Christmas present ever if the neuro-surgery is actually starting to work :pray:

Bid :D:tearful:

Edited by bid

Hey, that's fantastic news! :thumbs::clap::thumbs::clap::thumbs:

Were you expecting any results so soon? :unsure:

Hope things continue to progress >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Still haven't a clue about the sending of smoke BTW???? :unsure::lol: :lol:

Still haven't a clue about the sending of smoke BTW???? :unsure::lol: :lol:

Ah, it's a saying from DH's family :lol: My FIL was an Archdeacon, and I think it's shorthand for prayers and incense (the smoke bit) :lol:

We were expecting to wait much longer for any results...but they keep saying that children can make amazing recoveries. I'm just hoping it is really significant...she certainly hasn't had any movement in her wrist since the accident :pray:

Thank you for all the good wishes >:D<<'>

Bid :)

:thumbs::thumbs: wonderful news :thumbs::thumbs:

Hope it's the first 'twitch' of many and that by Xmas she's ready to join in with a bit of Wii action and that come NYE she can wave in 2010 with a flag of her very own making :pray:

Keep wigglin', Megs

L&P

B&D

:D

Wow, that's amazingly fast progress, how exciting for you all!!! :thumbs: That bodes really well, doesn't it. Hope she continues to improve and improve. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Wow that's great news. :thumbs:

Hoping and praying it's a sign that things are starting to happen after the surgery. :pray::pray:

>:D<<'>

K x

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> :thumbs:

Great news.

Your FIL must be very high church.Plenty of smoke sent up round my way but it is not usually prayer related and does not smell like incense as far as I know. :lol:

Karen.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> :thumbs:

Great news.

Your FIL must be very high church.Plenty of smoke sent up round my way but it is not usually prayer related and does not smell like incense as far as I know. :lol:

Karen.

Let's just say my DH grew up in one of the clergy houses next door to St Paul's Cathedral :lol:;)

Don't they send up smoke when they're choosing a new pope? I think they're all locked in a room and send up smoke every hour - white smoke for no decision, black smoke for when they're done.

Or it could be Archbishops and the smoke's the other way round, lol - just means very important news.

Don't they send up smoke when they're choosing a new pope? I think they're all locked in a room and send up smoke every hour - white smoke for no decision, black smoke for when they're done.

Or it could be Archbishops and the smoke's the other way round, lol - just means very important news.

Yerse, but FIL was definitely on the other team! :lol:

Nice that you've some good news, hope there's more to come >:D<<'>

Well, not long back from London :wacko:

Meg has a 5 inch scar from the op, and a new cast for another 4 weeks.

The movement in her wrist is increasing each day and when she showed the consultant, his professional medical opinion was "Holy Cr*p!!" :o:lol:

They are so pleased and amazed with her progress (we had been told to expect some movement after 3 to 6 months or so! ).

Just so thrilled and it's going to be the best Christmas ever! :dance::clap:

Edited by bid

when she showed the consultant, his professional medical opinion was "Holy Cr*p!!" :o:lol:

:lol: :lol: I love it when consultants come out with lines like that, because it's not something you're expecting of them and it makes them feel more human somehow :D

That's such good news :thumbs: I'm really pleased for you and Meg.

:lol: :lol: I love it when consultants come out with lines like that, because it's not something you're expecting of them and it makes them feel more human somehow :D

AND he had a profile worthy of a Greek god!! :wub:

Bid :lol:

AND he had a profile worthy of a Greek god!! :wub:

In which case you have two clear choices:

1. Tell Meg to make even more dramatic progress so said consultant needs to see her (and Mum) more often to write his scientific paper :devil:

2. Tell Meg to keep her hand absolutely still when she sees him so he has to see her (and Mum) more often to treat her :whistle:

Easy! :wub: :wub:

Well, not long back from London :wacko:

Meg has a 5 inch scar from the op, and a new cast for another 4 weeks.

The movement in her wrist is increasing each day and when she showed the consultant, his professional medical opinion was "Holy Cr*p!!" :o:lol:

They are so pleased and amazed with her progress (we had been told to expect some movement after 3 to 6 months or so! ).

Just so thrilled and it's going to be the best Christmas ever! :dance::clap:

:groupwave:

BRILLIANT!!

:clap: :clap:

MORE progress!

This morning she discovered she can make a sort of clicking fingers movement, albeit very clumsily and slowly!!

As my littlest, who is of a pious inclination, said: 'It's a Christmas miracle!' :wub:

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and good wishes >:D<<'>

:dance::clap::dance::clap:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

:thumbs::thumbs:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

:thumbs:

(A gold medal)

Love your creativeness there

Love your creativeness there

It was somewhat strifled by the boards 'maximum number of emoticons' setting! :lol:

It was originally about three times the size and a much better shape, but I had to whittle it down...

Should of just done this in the first place:

well done megs!

:D

MORE progress!

This morning she discovered she can make a sort of clicking fingers movement, albeit very clumsily and slowly!!

As my littlest, who is of a pious inclination, said: 'It's a Christmas miracle!' :wub:

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and good wishes >:D<<'>

:dance::clap::dance::clap:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Great news.

If your littlest has belief in Christmas miracles and has influence in high places please request a few words are put in on my behalf as I have a list.....starting with a request that the runway at Stanstead airport is open in the morning. :oops::pray::D