Sign in to follow this  
justine1

Won't sleep with blanket on.

Hi

My baby,Eli,is 18 mths now,he has always hated having a blanket on but now its so freezing I am worried.At the moment he has got a chest infection so dont want him getting worse.All my other 3 boys were the same but mostly kicked off the covers in summer and kept them on in winter.

I dress eli warm but not to warm,I dont want to underdress him because he will freeze.Any suggestions on how to keep the covers on?

Hi

My baby,Eli,is 18 mths now,he has always hated having a blanket on but now its so freezing I am worried.At the moment he has got a chest infection so dont want him getting worse.All my other 3 boys were the same but mostly kicked off the covers in summer and kept them on in winter.

I dress eli warm but not to warm,I dont want to underdress him because he will freeze.Any suggestions on how to keep the covers on?

hi justine

when george was that age he wouldnt keep blankets on so we bought a sleep bag it didnt have arms in,it had poppers on the shoulder are buttons i cannot remember but this was a great buy, i dont know if sleep bag is the right name but all baby shops do these george was in his for a further 2 yrs because they are quite long and it was a god send at the time, i could sleep without waking each hour to cover him up , good luck and i hope this is of some help to you

theresa

hi justine

when george was that age he wouldnt keep blankets on so we bought a sleep bag it didnt have arms in,it had poppers on the shoulder are buttons i cannot remember but this was a great buy, i dont know if sleep bag is the right name but all baby shops do these george was in his for a further 2 yrs because they are quite long and it was a god send at the time, i could sleep without waking each hour to cover him up , good luck and i hope this is of some help to you

theresa

Thanks for that :thumbs: heard of them before but completely forgot about it :rolleyes: I will order one online and hope it works :pray:

hi justine

i hope this works for you did i get the name right for this, it was a long time ago when i got mine,

takecare

theresa

Hi.When our boys were little we lived in a house that was very cold upstairs in winter.Ben also often kicked his covers off.I just used to buy cheap tracksuits and dress Ben in those for bed.

Karen.

Hi Cameron was exactly the same when he was wee, we also used childrens /baby sleeping bags, they are great and keep them nice and warm.

sonj

p.s i think you can get them in most supermarkets now.

Dd3 had one of those sleeping bags until she was 5 you can buy really big ones [not cheap], they are brill, either that or a fleece suit. They might be in the sales now. Good luck, none of mine kept blankets on when they were little but Dd3 was a challenge because she had to be boiling before she would go to sleep. She's not quite so bad now . Good luck. B)

another vote for a grobag, they're fab! and you can choose some really cool designs. if i thought for a moment k would still fit in one i'd be off to the shops tomorrow, she refuses to have anything but a 2 tog quit.

Thank you,just ordered one on the sales £20 and got him a Thomas "walk in" sleepsuit for £16.Thanks again everyone,hopefully me and Eli will be able to have a good nights sleep >:D<<'>

You also used to be able to get fleecey sleep suits with feet, which also work well.

Bid :)

the M baby shop have those at the moment. ive just found a grobag big enough for k... am debating whether it would panic her to be all wrapped up or not...

the M baby shop have those at the moment. ive just found a grobag big enough for k... am debating whether it would panic her to be all wrapped up or not...

If you decide against a gro bag, primark had fleece pyjamas which Dd3 wears over cotton ones when we are camping, she's not very good at staying in her sleeping bag. We have used them in the house too when she would only have a thin duvet. B)

If you decide against a gro bag, primark had fleece pyjamas which Dd3 wears over cotton ones when we are camping, she's not very good at staying in her sleeping bag. We have used them in the house too when she would only have a thin duvet. B)

Hi I got him the grobag and fleece all in one Pj's.It arrived today and he is having a nap,he has been sleeping for two hours straight,which he usually sleeps for 20min then wakes up.

Thank you everyone >:D<<'> Love you guys so understanding :thumbs:

Thats great news. just remembered our gro bag had another great use too, it prevented Dd3 from climbing out of the cot, she couldn't get her leg over the side of the cot when zipped into the gro bag. We had lots of trouble with Dd2 who climbed out at 15 months and then was a menace.

Good luck B)