smiley1590

i'm involved on an AS project/panel meeting etc

http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/Help-on-...gers.5971138.jp

here information about what it about really the website hasn't been set up yet but will be created soon for sufferers,parents and families within northamponshire

i had a meeting this morning with project manager , area manager of NAS , boss of NAS , employment/activities NAS

local transition and liason team lady and local joint commissioning team lady man with AS of dx 18 months ago

came up with some good starting point on where we want this to lead and go .......

some good ideas ,different opinions were said and discussed

the new website will help with awareness and understanding of what AS is and how affects us and why support,advice and help is so needed within our lives......

i have been asked to speak on local radio station about how AS affects me and what this new project about meaning of it reasons behind it purpose of it being set up!

it a government intiative ......

i came up with name for website and for the project itself as Northants Asperger Connected everyone loved the name and said the meaning made complete sense and was great for the project!

i'm so excited to be a spokenwomen for other females with AS as so uncommon normally boys you heard of alot on media TV etc though is some females temple gradin but mostly males as mainly males are affected by it like many neurological condtions out there but nice to here our side POV of girlies for once!

XKLX

Well done, hope it goes well :thumbs:

the radio station rang me i don't know exact time i going on live air over the phone but between 4pm and half 5!!! but if it help others i DON'T mind all anxiety and nerves as be worth it!

i've just come off radio feel disappointed i shuttered abit due to anxiety and nerves my parents listened and taped it downstairs while i was upstairs i just hope i've helped others like me out there and they've benfitted from me speaking on there!!! just feel like could done better still feel let down! i kept saying um n arhhh ..... grrr... annoyed ....

Well Smiley, there's no need to worry. You sounded very composed and articulate and got your points across very clearly. I don't think you "ummed" more than was normal.

Well done - great job!

:notworthy:

K x

there's the web link to the short interview on the local radio station hate the sound of my voice thinks sound babyish grrr... drives me mad annoys me!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p005v...mos_12_01_2010/

let me know what you think comments please???

XKLX

Well done smiley :thumbs:

It was brilliant,you really are to hard on yourself,I could never do that you are very brave and I am 100% sure you would have helped other people >:D<<'>

I could hear a slight tremble in your voice, but everyone gets nervous when going on TV or radio so I wouldn't worry. You were very clear and answered questions well. Well done! :)

i appreciate all kind words means alot cheers everyone i also today sent off a load of my OWN poems to JK publishers to see their personal opinions are about them all as hope to create more awareness and understanding by getting my OWN poetry book!!! that's my mission!!! messages posts emails pouring into my facebook account and chat conversations over my performance glad u liked it and think i got my point across alright!

XKLX

hope my NAN ( my mum's mum) would be proud she tried so hard to understand about AS she chat about with me! bless her! i went up crem 2dai with support worker!!! started snowing while up there blimin freezin up there as open ground so cold and bitter icy ground and thick snow!!!

a lady rang radio station said she wanted speak to me personally so radio station rang my house i was out at the time at work but mum took down this lady's name and phone number she was very vague to the radio lady but i rang her after go in from work and she said her grandson has an official diagnosis of AS but is aggressive and angry towards everyone she said she needed my help and advice

so i suggested local CAMHS team as though didn't personally work out of me may be different for him gave her telephone number and address location details and then said about getting in touch directly to NAS telephone advice and support helpline for parents etc and also type in google search bar NAS and tey'll be lots of tips ,advice support information on there too she said she'll show her son what she wrote down from what i'd told her over the phone

she reminded me alot of my own nan ( my mum's mum) she tried to get it just like his one is trying her best to help and support him and his family and i told her so who she reminded me of!

i also said about GP but she said no good really so left that one at that

i glad i try help one family struggling through AS long and difficult struggles on the road ....... just fingers crossed i have helped enough ...... hope she keeps me informed of how her grandson and son gets on through it all but don't want to intrude too much on their personal life probs etc

XKLX