pearl

Tattoo of Choice ....

Following on from Mumbles's comment that I should have the Dewey Decimal System tattooed on my person (great idea, & I'd never get lost amongst the shelves ever again :thumbs: ) I was wondering what y'all would have as your tattoo of choice? What describes you? What sums you up? Does anyone already have one that they love, or (much more entertainingly) deeply regret having done after a lost weekend in Scunthorpe?

I was wondering what y'all would have as your tattoo of choice?

I'd get tattooed (on both arms so it wouldn't be missed) a message to my blood-test obsessed doctor:

"Mumble does not do needles" :D

When I was just a wee babe in arms (well about 11 or 12) I started to tattoo my forearm with my Initials. I'd just done a tiny bit of the outlining when my brother came home and reclaimed his bottle of indian ink, so I just have this little faint outline that looks more like the dark bits you get left after pulling off a sticking plaster! Was almost tempted a couple of years ago to take the plunge. but am generally happy to go unblemished.

My niece has some musical notes tattooed on her foot. I quaite liked those. the worst two tats I've ever seen - a few idiots from the kahnsill estate I grew up on had 'tear along dotted line' ------------------------------- running around their necks (unfortunately no one took them up on it, to my knowledge) and a bloke called Colin had one done while he was drunk by a dyslexic (or maybe just thick) tat artist who spelt it with two LLs - COLLIN. that probably looks less out of place these days when you get so many 'creative' spellings of Christian names but back in the day he was none to chuffed. I saw some female hollywood star has had the word 'minge' tattoed on her foot. Apparently, she heard a brit co star using the word on set and 'just liked the sound of it' without really knowing what it meant. :rolleyes:

L&P

BD :D

There was a guy at work called Tony, who had his own name tattooed to his shoulder. People said it was in case he forgot his name, he could look down and check. Then they realised that he would see it upside down from that angle, and might think his name was Ynot. From then on, we all called him Why Not.

Hi

Well, I confess I had my first tattoo when I was 30 (and I hid it from my mum, convinced she would scold me like she did when I was a child!! - When she did eventually see it she was completely 'oh thats nice dear, what took you so long?!!!)

I have since had several dragonflies applied to my body (I adore and collect dragonfly art) which I designed myself, including a gorgeous art nouveau one (like on the Tiffany lamps).

My DH finally had his favourite Roger Dean image (for those of you old enough to remember the Yes album covers!!) on his shoulder when he was 50 - I was amazed he coped with the pain!!

Stella xx

I've got a very private tattoo that says LUDO...

Or under certain circumstances 'Llandudno' :whistle:

Yeah, right - we'll take your word for it, BD. :lol::lol:

As the theatre is my greatest passion - (gosh how luvvie does that sound? :o) I would have this, or something similar. :D

http://www.upstagechester.co.uk/images/tra...omedy_masks.gif

Maybe I will - if they invent a way of doing it that doesn't hurt.

K x

There was a guy at work called Tony, who had his own name tattooed to his shoulder. People said it was in case he forgot his name, he could look down and check. Then they realised that he would see it upside down from that angle, and might think his name was Ynot. From then on, we all called him Why Not.

Oh that did make me laugh Tally :thumbs:

Hi

Been considering having a flying pig tattoed where the sun don't shine.

Sums up a lot really.

C.

I wouldn't have a tattoo. I consider them to be body mutilation.

I do not find tattoos or piercings of any type at all attractive.

Hi

Well, I confess I had my first tattoo when I was 30 (and I hid it from my mum, convinced she would scold me like she did when I was a child!! - When she did eventually see it she was completely 'oh thats nice dear, what took you so long?!!!)

I have since had several dragonflies applied to my body (I adore and collect dragonfly art) which I designed myself, including a gorgeous art nouveau one (like on the Tiffany lamps).

My DH finally had his favourite Roger Dean image (for those of you old enough to remember the Yes album covers!!) on his shoulder when he was 50 - I was amazed he coped with the pain!!

Stella xx

I love dragonflies too Stella :thumbs: I thought long & hard about having one done recently to mark a real change in my circumstances - but decided against. Instead, mr p bought me a beautiful dragonfly necklace.

And yes, I remember Yes - mr p still has all the albums!

I wouldn't have a tattoo. I consider them to be body mutilation.

I do not find tattoos or piercings of any type at all attractive.

So I'm guessing you wouldn't be interested in getting something similar to CatMan done to yourself! :lol: :lol:

So I'm guessing you wouldn't be interested in getting something similar to CatMan done to yourself! :lol: :lol:

Aw bless, he's done his very best hasn't he - pity no one told him that cats don't develop male pattern baldness! :D

I,m with Chris on this , I don,t like tattoos at all ... :tearful: ....I can,t understand how anyone would want to get one done, as it is there forever and ever.My close friend at school married a guy who had lots up his arms and legs and on his hands.He had them done when he was younger and now older hated them, he always wore long sleeves and it cost him a fortune to have the more noticeable ones lasered off (leaving really bad scars)

it seems quite the fashion now to have a tattoo, sports peeps and pop stars all have them ,so I guess it encourages the younger generation to get them done.I just can,t grasp how something that looks trendy on a 19 yr old is gonna look good when your 65 :unsure: .....is David Beckham gonna look a right nanna with all his body art when he,s old and grey?

maybe I,m just over the hill and out of touch :whistle:

My daughter has a couple - I'd rather she didn't, but there you go.

The one piece of advice I gave her was, don't have a dolphin on your tummy - when you are pregnant it will morph into a blue whale! :lol:

I,m with Chris on this , I don,t like tattoos at all ... :tearful: ....I can,t understand how anyone would want to get one done, as it is there forever and ever.My close friend at school married a guy who had lots up his arms and legs and on his hands.He had them done when he was younger and now older hated them, he always wore long sleeves and it cost him a fortune to have the more noticeable ones lasered off (leaving really bad scars)

it seems quite the fashion now to have a tattoo, sports peeps and pop stars all have them ,so I guess it encourages the younger generation to get them done.I just can,t grasp how something that looks trendy on a 19 yr old is gonna look good when your 65 :unsure: .....is David Beckham gonna look a right nanna with all his body art when he,s old and grey?

maybe I,m just over the hill and out of touch :whistle:

I also dont like them or piercings.My brother has two large tattoos and three small ones,his wife also has one small one on her ankle.

However if I did like them I would probably get Betty Boop in a nurses unifom Holding a syringe same size as her and she will have devils horns instead of a halo.

My daughter has a couple - I'd rather she didn't, but there you go.

The one piece of advice I gave her was, don't have a dolphin on your tummy - when you are pregnant it will morph into a blue whale! :lol:

Good advice indeed ;) I have a dolphin by my left hip bone - and whilst it doesn't look like a blue whale it has a nice stretch mark right down the middle of it. I'd avoid tattoos on your tummy whatever they are - but at 19 I didn't think far enough ahead to being pregnant :D

Lynne x

I'm on my 6th tattoo now - and about to go get my 7th(a sleeve piece) - however I agree they aren't for everybody! After my first two awful tattoos now I always wait at least a year when I have seen or drawn a design I like, and then wait even more - they are with you for the rest of your life so it's always best to be absolutely sure!

At least with piercings you can always take them out! I had 8 and now only have three!

Following on from Mumbles's comment that I should have the Dewey Decimal System tattooed on my person (great idea, & I'd never get lost amongst the shelves ever again :thumbs: ) I was wondering what y'all would have as your tattoo of choice? What describes you? What sums you up? Does anyone already have one that they love, or (much more entertainingly) deeply regret having done after a lost weekend in Scunthorpe?

Hi there regarding tattoos I have plenty 9 to be exact but the one that I chose to have done recently was shortly after our son Liam was diagnosed with Autism last October it is a rainbow which represents Liam and there are 3 stars at the top of the rainbow which represent myself, Liam's dad and Liam's brother Joshua. This is the only tattoo of mine that has a real meaning.

Anna A and A