Michelle2

Hi another new member

Hi

Just building up the courage to post my feelings and frustations about my 16 year old son who just does not care anymore. And seems to love to fight with his dad (who is trying really hard to understand).

Michelle

Hi

Just building up the courage to post my feelings and frustations about my 16 year old son who just does not care anymore. And seems to love to fight with his dad (who is trying really hard to understand).

Michelle

Welcome Michelle2.

My 20 year old who is going thru testing right now clashes a lot with his dad too.

I hope you can manage to get out how you feel

xx

Welcome Michelle2.

My 20 year old who is going thru testing right now clashes a lot with his dad too.

I hope you can manage to get out how you feel

xx

Thank you

I am going to try very hard or esle I think I will go mad

Hello Michelle 2

My son is 16 too and on the spectrum. I am new to this forum too. My son gets on well with his Dad, they are very alike,it's me he has problems with. Is your son at home? How are things for you at the moment?

when i clashed with my parents it was boiled frustrations,anxieties,ioslation low self-esteem depression all moxed together into to one i didn't know how to express into actual word form due to AS to ended up fighting all time power struggle with control i was hurting just lashing out at anyone as blamed and hated myself and my life inside but felt backed into a corner and felt i couldnb't tell anyone how bad i was feeling about everything i was so lost and confused about myself and my life i just want to run away and hide pretend wasn't me really i fighting inside with myself and AS so hard to accept and get your head around sends you into a right muddle and spin for abit ... takes time to adjust to official diagnosis ... for reality sink in that may find certain things difficult that his mates might not! maybe fed up .... and sixteen years old still in puberty stages with hormones rushing round messing with your head feelings emotions thoughts which don't help matters in this situation!

i know this was true for myself all i really wanted to do was scream shout as needed let it out the only way we can find to vent it or get stuck inside of us! have you asked him what going on? how he feels about everything? maybe he needs to talk to someone out side family situation like CAMHS? etc as may feel under stress strain and pressure at the moment feel trapped suffocated and overwhelmed as alot to take it all at once! mentally and emotionally does take it's toll and is normal reaction!

does his mood seem more nagyr hostile etc? as anger sometimes physical sign for depression anxiety ?

take care

XKLX

Hi Michelle, welcome to the forum. :)

When you want to, feel free to tell your story, have a rant or ask questions - we're all here to listen.

K x

Hi Michelle, my lad is 16 as well. He used to be quite close to his dad but recently they're not getting on at all. My husband seems to have given up on him and makes no effort at all and they're just not connecting at all anymore. It's sad for me because I always seem to be stuck in the middle trying to please both of them.

~ Mel ~

Greetings Michelle. My 16 year old daughter was very similar, it appeared the more I tried to help, the more she became hostile. In fact Smiley1590 describes uncannily her precise feelings which she expressed to us in the past days, the only thing was she vented this by self harming in the classroom. She also had two tutors at school who she could talk to and who where very supportive and in the beginning she would only express her feelings to them rather than us which again was very distressing. We think, and it appeared to resolve this by just giving her plenty of space and pulling back although it was very frustrating. She speaks freely to us about her concerns now and appears to have stopped the self harming, X. The school she attends where extremely cooperative and her teachers are fortunately, very switched on. We give them our full thanks.

It will turn out OK.

hello,my son is 16 with aspergers,he clashes with his stepfather a lot who has been with us since steven was 3,it is all very hard to deal with and to be honest i have no answers but just to let you know you not alone,this forum has helped me so much so keep posting as it got me through some very dark days and i made some lovely friends

If his behaviour seems as though hes "arrogant and in denial" (either about autism or something else) that could indicate depression.

For me i felt much better when a local social group was set up in a neighbouring county. Im now the social secretary of 2 social groups

in the pan avon area!