Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

Q 4 the girls/women on here ...???!!!

does any one else experience heavy period heavy blood flow loss? do you feel weak dizzy tired drained lack of energy? i don't know if have anaemia or not? as feel completely wiped out literally when time of month! don't know if go docs about it! i know can go through female chain in your family as both my nan ( mum's mum) and my mum herself have/had suffered with bad heavy awful periods especially my mum i don't really want go on the pill as put on weight just want find out why feel like i go walking home from work today felt so 'woozy' scared me felt like could collapsed fainted just wanted go asleep going along .... feels like getting worse have taken painkillers for cramps seems like symptoms changing don't know if do with getting older now but used get 'warning signs' couple days before of backache and sensitive boobs aching too not feel really emotional which did anyways crying feel so fed up depressed angry inside annoyed and also now feel like the symtoms of tiredness and drained etc has got worse feel bloated uncomfortable unsettled .... find hard work when in this state each month ... grrr.... i feel tired drained alot anyways just notice added when time of month comes!!! mum reckons dizziness could be blood loss and also tiredness/drained feeling and also low blood sugar levels could sleep loads like this! and still feel tired don't know if iron tabs may any difference to how i feel? e.g just show how bad it is i have to wear 2-3 long pads each time short ones have to change so much annoying! and also knickers get strained too! and have change 4 times in one day! does head in! anyone suffered with heavy periods or anaemia? have what i described here could be chance of anaemia?

XKLX

If you are anaemic you would feel tired and look pale even when you are not menstruating.The things you descrie are common in all women at the time of month. You can do lots to help youself really,getting enough sleep eating properly, taking paracetemol(not asprin as it thins the blood) I do this three times a day for the first two days when my menstruation starts, you can also get a general multi vitamin from any supermarket specifically for women,they contain iron anyway so this may be enough to help.Wearing loose clothes and breathable materials also helps,your body temperature is higher at that time of the month so if you indoors try not to sit near the radiators etc.

To e honest the blood flow is down to age really,as you get older you suffer less, I found after each child I had it was easier too. I only suffer for the first 2 days and the other 3 days its not an issue at all.

I think if you feeling tired and weak/dizzy alot then it may be worth seeing your GP,anaemia is detected by a simple bloodtest. I am anaemic but I manage it without taking extra iron,I only do so when I have been pregnant or very stressed.

as you get older you suffer less,

Speak for yourself. :ph34r::wacko: Sorry but not true for me! :rolleyes:

K x

Edited by Kathryn

my mum keeps saying how pale and pasty i look at the minute do feel stressed lately the other thread in general discussion explains that one save me repeating myself! i do feel tired alot of time without time of month don't know if that depression , anxiety what going on there could be anything really take pick! lol i don't sleep 'properly' anyways without Time of Month being around i go bed at like 12pm /1am /2am latest is 4am in morning as can't 'switch off' never have done my barin 'over thinks' too much does my head in! i do seem to get too hot or freezing cold in T.O.M period! that annoying! i took one lot painkillers today for stomach cramops so i could function at work without doubling up in pain and discomfort as so sharp the pian takes breath away sometimes when comes! makes want to scream i fidget in bed when 'on' as don't know which way get comfy and sleep! toss and turn! feel so restless! i started my periods at early age again so did my nan and mum i started at 11 years old puberty and never forget first time pain was unbearable screaming shouting doubled over in coast town centre! how embarrassing my parents thought just had tummy ache then realised when drove back to nan's caravan site more than that start of women hood but great fun suffering after that woop woop! .... oh joy!

my mum sympathetic and empathises alot as she has personally experienced heavy bad periods so tells me come home from work chill out watch tv go bed rest for couple hours catch up on much needed sleep .... so glad she gets what it like! i was due to have pyschology session which mean bus from work town and didn't finish work until 12am then waiting until 12.15am getting into town centre and waiting at bus stop until 1.00pm as one every hour to where have to go from pyschology session so mum said text pyschologist say wasn't well and cancel session nice just come home chill relax etc but got calm morning lie in as don't start work until 2pm finish at 4pm then going out at 6ish to A.S social group xmas party!

XKX

It's probably worth going to the docs to get checked out-if you are anaemic it's easy to sort out -just take some tablets for the days you are menstruating! There are also other contraceptive options which might help lighten the blood flow. DEfinitely wort chatting to the doc about anyway:)

You should go to the GP. They can help and can refer you to a gynaecologist if they think it is necessary. However, if they mention the phrase 'internal scan' - run!!!!! :ph34r:

i don't really want go on the pill as put on weight

The research evidence now says that there is no evidence for putting on weight with the COCP. But even if you didn't want this option, there are quite a few others.

To be honest the blood flow is down to age really,as you get older you suffer less,

Things often get worse when you become perimenopausal, which is why so many women of that age often have hysterectomies.

Bid :)

Edited by bid

Speak for yourself. :ph34r::wacko: Sorry but not true for me! :rolleyes:

K x

Sorry,I did mean to say its not the case for everyone.My mum suffered right up until her hysterectomy a few years ago,so I know that. But generally younger people have a different consistency to their blood and this can impact the menstrual cycle.

I know from my experience and a few of my friends who like myself had children at a younger age our menstrual cycle is more consistent,less painful and not as heavy.That is not to say we dont suffer like the rest of you ladies,we may just have different pain thresholds.

Edited by justine1

e.g just show how bad it is i have to wear 2-3 long pads each time short ones have to change so much annoying! and also knickers get strained too! and have change 4 times in one day! on this basis I would defo book into the DRs and request a gino guy, just to do sum checks, also he may request a test for anemia.

The dizzyness could well do with the actual loss when your on your period, not anemia.

I would defo book into doc.

JsMx

Hi

You've described how I've been feeling. I recently went to my GP and hope to gets things sorted.

I know it's not easy, but if you go to your GP, s/he can check iron levels, etc. Turns out that I'm very low in vitamin B12 as well as iron. Vitamin B!2 can cause all sorts of problems, so you really need to get checked out. There are also procedures which can be carried out (if deemed necessary) which can help. You can also get injections which will stop periods (in theory!). I'm not expert, but if you can go to your GP, you could start feeling a lot better.

Caroline.