Sign in to follow this  
justine1

found the perfect school

Hi

As most of you know Sam has been out of school for 9 weeks(excluding xmas break) and I have not had an easy time with the LEA.I am so very pleased today to say I found a lovely school for Sam x

It has everything his previous ASD unit had,and more.The lady in charge is wonderful and seems to be on the same page as me! The other brilliant thing is the high school around the corner also has a unit and most of the kids go there,which means he will be with the same children throughout,so it makes me so hopeful for his long term education.

However,as mentioned in my other post,I am really unsure as to whether the LEA will provide transport for him.I did contact them to say I love the school and they sounded positive and pleased,mentioned nothing about the transport but I am sure it will come up(though I pray it will be plain sailing!)

I am going to see a special school on WEdnesday,it caters for "all sorts" but has separate ASD units, the LEA said they will provide transport for this so I think it will be my plan B.

I am just so happy and hopeful that he may finally get an education.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

What great news after everything you've been through trying to find a suitable school. I really hope it works out with the transport. :pray:

Oooh, fingers crossed! :pray:

If it's out of county, the secondary school maybe where my DH teaches, as we are the next county to you!!

Bid :)

I'll keep everything crossed :blink: until you hear back from the LEA...

Very best for that trip Wednesday too - A good, solid 'plan B' is always a bonus!

L&P

BD :D

Sounds good - fingers crossed that Sam will finally have a school soon - 9 weeks is a long time.

Good luck! :pray:

K x

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

That is brilliant news Justine1, I can feel your buzz from here, really do hope it works out, reguarding the Transport another way you could look into transport been provided is throw the EXCEPTIONAL CERCUMSTANCES FUNDING, or similair, it pays for school pupils to recieve transport in exceptional cercumstances.

I really wish your SAM the best of Luckx

JsMumx