coolbreeze

Hi everyone

Hi just wanted to say hello, I'm Kathryn from North Yorkshire

My daughter whose eight has been assessed for 2 years and has been diagnosed with ASD recently. Still in that strange stage of bewilderment. Which is strange in itself because the recognition of my daughters difficulties has been what I have wished for. Looks a great site though with lots of ideas and support.

Thankyou x

Hi just wanted to say hello, I'm Kathryn from North Yorkshire

My daughter whose eight has been assessed for 2 years and has been diagnosed with ASD recently. Still in that strange stage of bewilderment. Which is strange in itself because the recognition of my daughters difficulties has been what I have wished for. Looks a great site though with lots of ideas and support.

Thankyou x

I understand where your coming from I am 34 and was diagnosed on Wednesday and I am the same (like a weight thats been lifted now there is a lot of questions and a blank space inside now)

I am from bristol in teh uk and there is a alot more support it seems for parents and kids but doesnt seem to be as much for adults in the uk via NHS in some regions

Hi Coolbreeze,welcome to the site,remember we are all special and keep your eye on the ball and keep reminding yourself of all the fantastic stuff that comes with ASD's,

I understand where your coming from I am 34 and was diagnosed on Wednesday and I am the same (like a weight thats been lifted now there is a lot of questions and a blank space inside now)

I am from bristol in teh uk and there is a alot more support it seems for parents and kids but doesnt seem to be as much for adults in the uk via NHS in some regions

thanks everyone

Keimeren yes it is daunting I suppose we will just have to wait and see what support we get, as with all things it is abit of a post code lottery

keep reminding yourself of all the fantastic stuff that comes with ASD's,

and what fantastic stuff would that be? :huh:

Well philtfa,stuff like heightened perception ,pattern analysis,magical mimickery,hyperawareness of the enviroment around us,the ability to diagnose mechanical problems by intuitive use of the ear,the ability to be impervious to most types of operant conditioning.The ability to visualise and synchronise sound and visual motion,the ability to hold a whole essay in your head at any one time,to understand the phsycological effects of lunar gravity and see its influence on mental thinking,the ability to connect non verbally with animals i could go on ,and on .....nature knows what its doing..even if the nhs are mostly rubbish..jsut don't give in the low expectations of the proffesionals and live their projections of how asd'rs of ALL abilitys should behave.Where did our mathematicians and computer coders come from?and the rest in technical and creative subjects.look at the lives of early technological and intellectual pioneers and nystics and reformers,they mostly were obsessive,worked alone and followed their own crazy little beleifs and studies.problem is thesedays that technological and creative subjects are 'taught'...i.e. institutionalised.With great irony university trys to 'teach' things rather than encourage individual potential,make the best of it,have confidence in your own individual universe,IN SHORT the ability to be a creator and perceiver instead of a consumer replicant.

Hi Kathryn,

My 11 y.o. son has recently been (sort of) diagnosed too, so I can imagine how you are feeling. And Philtfa, I agree with Philipo - we are in a discovery stage right now, but my son has some exceptional talents.

Diane

Hi Kathryn,

My 11 y.o. son has recently been (sort of) diagnosed too, so I can imagine how you are feeling. And Philtfa, I agree with Philipo - we are in a discovery stage right now, but my son has some exceptional talents.

Diane

Thank god that the young ones are getting diagnosed!!!if they dont (hfa jobs)it goes pear shaped by early teens.

I think we are the oldest dna on the block!!!Undiagnosed adults are made to feel stupid and then develop cofidence problems and don't ever consider they are intellectually superior than the nt epsilons,then no ones likes being called an intellectual!!!

Thanks for the welcome again,

I seem to be reading alot on here but don't yet feel I know enough to advise. Yes it is good that young ones are being picked up on. I worked in primary ed as a teacher in the late eighties and nineties we were trained to recognise ADHD but nothing for ASD, it only ever cropped up in reference to the MMR. I think that the whole process of diagnosis for my daughter has been so 'abstract' and 'woolly'. I think the goal posts are shifting all the time. Hard to conceive when something solid or definate would be nice. I can understand therefore why adults

are so frustrated after being diagnosed recently after years of thinking and knowing they are different but not quite understanding why.

Yes you are probably right Philipo our greatest innovaters and pioneers were perhaps of this ilk. It is tough as a parent, child or adult but this world would be a dull place if all conformed to the norm.

Edited by coolbreeze

Although it s certainly hard to be objective as a parent,over time and by studying the subject(which is immense with such extreme degrees of disability,incapacity)you will realise how knowledgable you are and can educate those around you.Welcome to the best place on the subject with a richness of hard won experience and knowledge from parents /carers and people with the (d)isability.

keep reminding yourself of all the fantastic stuff that comes with ASD's,

and what fantastic stuff would that be? :huh:

Well philtfa,stuff like heightened perception ,pattern analysis,magical mimickery,hyperawareness of the enviroment around us,the ability to diagnose mechanical problems by intuitive use of the ear,the ability to be impervious to most types of operant conditioning.The ability to visualise and synchronise sound and visual motion,the ability to hold a whole essay in your head at any one time,to understand the phsycological effects of lunar gravity and see its influence on mental thinking,the ability to connect non verbally with animals i could go on ,and on .....nature knows what its doing..even if the nhs are mostly rubbish..jsut don't give in the low expectations of the proffesionals and live their projections of how asd'rs of ALL abilitys should behave.Where did our mathematicians and computer coders come from?and the rest in technical and creative subjects.look at the lives of early technological and intellectual pioneers and nystics and reformers,they mostly were obsessive,worked alone and followed their own crazy little beleifs and studies.problem is thesedays that technological and creative subjects are 'taught'...i.e. institutionalised.With great irony university trys to 'teach' things rather than encourage individual potential,make the best of it,have confidence in your own individual universe,IN SHORT the ability to be a creator and perceiver instead of a consumer replicant.

I like your view philipo - I just want to know one thing.....

How on earth do we understand the psychological effects of lunar gravity and see its influence on mental thinking!?!?!

I'm not being derisive, I actually want to know what you are talking about. A friend used to listen to a radio segment called moonscape (I think) and part of it was telling you how looking at fish's actions could tell you about the weather (and also to do with lunar phases).

Anyway, just wondered :P

Edited by darkshine

I like your view philipo - I just want to know one thing.....

How on earth do we understand the psychological effects of lunar gravity and see its influence on mental thinking!?!?!

I'm not being derisive, I actually want to know what you are talking about. A friend used to listen to a radio segment called moonscape (I think) and part of it was telling you how looking at fish's actions could tell you about the weather (and also to do with lunar phases).

Anyway, just wondered :P

.We are mostly water for a start.But being more pragmatic.after i ran away from care I ended up living in atent on my own and working on farms.After a few weeks you seem to be able to know the near weather and observe human and plant activity locking into the phases of the moon.years later when I became a sound engineer I could almost certainly predict whether the night would be a flop or not depending on what the moon was doing,in a club with slight profits it was an important skill.moons used to synch in with thw weekends then move out again.Full and new moons from thusday to sunday equated to always,more bums on seats.The amount of drunken chaos was definitly from the full moon and the most articulate appreciate audiences were mostly at the new moon.Before the new moon for a few days there was a complete lack of natural energy,in people and their minds.The trouble with humans is they think they are very different from the animals,feeling superior with sophisticated linguistics and science ,so we miss whats in front of our eyes.Every full moon in Aries for instance,which occours in september on many campsites on working farms as well as in cities I've noticed that many people feel intense and get little sleep,I've been watching it for most of 30 odd years.There's many places I can go to at certain times of the year and witness frogs migrating(same routes for 30 years) or when the salmon come up on the high tide in Galway into the rivers,or observe the arrival of birds ,old folklore and almanacs for gardeners and fishermen are full of the stuff,most of it based on the origional science,i.e.personal observation over time.if we look at agriculture we find that the observed calenders were very important.Our stone circles are remnants of that astrological knowledge,older circles are oval,not round,these are because origionally the moon was more critical/important to early agriculture and they were origionally lunar circles ,not solar..The word 'looney' is from the french la lune,its ironic that the nhs will section the apparently crazy for observation over 28 days!which reminds me why they did'nt like witches with their 13 month calender and non corperate ways.And women still have to pay for tampons such is the denial of life and where it all comes from.

If you know any nurse/coppers(from the old english cope.or to seize or take hold of)or firemen ask them if they found any correlations.

.We are mostly water for a start.But being more pragmatic.after i ran away from care I ended up living in atent on my own and working on farms.After a few weeks you seem to be able to know the near weather and observe human and plant activity locking into the phases of the moon.years later when I became a sound engineer I could almost certainly predict whether the night would be a flop or not depending on what the moon was doing,in a club with slight profits it was an important skill.moons used to synch in with thw weekends then move out again.Full and new moons from thusday to sunday equated to always,more bums on seats.The amount of drunken chaos was definitly from the full moon and the most articulate appreciate audiences were mostly at the new moon.Before the new moon for a few days there was a complete lack of natural energy,in people and their minds.The trouble with humans is they think they are very different from the animals,feeling superior with sophisticated linguistics and science ,so we miss whats in front of our eyes.Every full moon in Aries for instance,which occours in september on many campsites on working farms as well as in cities I've noticed that many people feel intense and get little sleep,I've been watching it for most of 30 odd years.There's many places I can go to at certain times of the year and witness frogs migrating(same routes for 30 years) or when the salmon come up on the high tide in Galway into the rivers,or observe the arrival of birds ,old folklore and almanacs for gardeners and fishermen are full of the stuff,most of it based on the origional science,i.e.personal observation over time.if we look at agriculture we find that the observed calenders were very important.Our stone circles are remnants of that astrological knowledge,older circles are oval,not round,these are because origionally the moon was more critical/important to early agriculture and they were origionally lunar circles ,not solar..The word 'looney' is from the french la lune,its ironic that the nhs will section the apparently crazy for observation over 28 days!which reminds me why they did'nt like witches with their 13 month calender and non corperate ways.And women still have to pay for tampons such is the denial of life and where it all comes from.

If you know any nurse/coppers(from the old english cope.or to seize or take hold of)or firemen ask them if they found any correlations.

I'm quoting the whole of this so there's more chances people will see it. I like the idea, and too have noticed certain correlations between weather animals and the moon. I find the ancient practices of stone circles or ovals fascinating although I have done little about learning about them as I learn better by seeing things or by people telling me. the whole cosmic thing carries an element of serenity that is almost comforting, as it just continues its cycling and patterns for an eternity (in our eyes).

Does anyone else feel like the year is out of sync? Through my life I have thought several times that the 13 month calender would be more appropriate....

Does anyone else feel like the year is out of sync? Through my life I have thought several times that the 13 month calender would be more appropriate....

See i'm a bloke so have had to keep my mouth shut about this sort of thing,ands there alot more I'll keep to myself about the subject as I generally give people enough to start a bonfire for me.More sensetive blokes are affected by the moon.Its just part of natural electricity,and while it seems 'the normal' world is busy with dualistic myths and bi polar judements i think that biological rewiring,of the type called broadly asd gives the owner a heightened sensitivity to lunar effects .Somewhere in france there's a community who beleive that their mental health is vastly affected by power lines and mobile microwaves,so they've gone native.As i've studied the implementation of mobiles,wireless routers and microwave communications I thoroughly agree with them.The process is called resonance and we are all being polluted by high freqency radiation on a scale never before known to any civilisation.if it was seen as a mist then our cities and towns and villages would be coverd in a thick fog constantly.This interferes with my lunar side.

See i'm a bloke so have had to keep my mouth shut about this sort of thing,ands there alot more I'll keep to myself about the subject as I generally give people enough to start a bonfire for me.

:lol: I won't ask then :lol:

Somewhere in france there's a community who beleive that their mental health is vastly affected by power lines and mobile microwaves,so they've gone native.As i've studied the implementation of mobiles,wireless routers and microwave communications I thoroughly agree with them.The process is called resonance and we are all being polluted by high freqency radiation on a scale never before known to any civilisation.if it was seen as a mist then our cities and towns and villages would be coverd in a thick fog constantly.This interferes with my lunar side.

Who knows what all those little waves are doing - I say this as I sit next to a mobile phone and simultaneously getting zapped by at least 2 dozen wireless signals from the surrounding area :P

Did you hear about that lightening that goes upwards from the earth to the sky? Its somewhere in America predominantly, can't remember the city, but its got the most concrete, and the heat from the concrete and electrical charges causes lightening to come off of things like antennae and go up into the sky - who knows what that's doing!!!

:lol: I won't ask then :lol:

Who knows what all those little waves are doing - I say this as I sit next to a mobile phone and simultaneously getting zapped by at least 2 dozen wireless signals from the surrounding area :P

its called ionising radiation.The main problem has been the rapid rise in the operating frequencies because of infinitly better electronics.many asd'rs with noise problems can hear resonance from power supplies and electrical circuits,this is mostly at 50 cycles a second and is caused by the electricity supply generators operating outputs.There is the general assumption that wireless is safe otherwise the goverment would have objected!!!The implications for wireless routers hav'nt been considerd and the jury is still out on the dangers of old style mobiles,all this at a time when newer mobile frequencies and higher wireless power is just coming on stream.To protect yourself ,dont use a wireless router and keep your phones away from your body.It just like when the first nuclear reactors were made and the subject of radiation was in its infancy.

its called ionising radiation.The main problem has been the rapid rise in the operating frequencies because of infinitly better electronics.many asd'rs with noise problems can hear resonance from power supplies and electrical circuits,this is mostly at 50 cycles a second and is caused by the electricity supply generators operating outputs.

I can hear the tv, I always call it the sound of static, and I really hate it when the tone changes and it starts emitting a high pitched tone as well as the tv sound! Some of the ceiling lights do it too - especially the one on the dimmer switch!