A-S warrior

awnser honestly, am i an a** hole?

im getting thay distinct feeling again, in my mind when i awnser a post i sound decicive and blunt, and i think sometimes pepole need that. but i seem to be in the wrong ball park with alot of topics latley and im looking like a bad boy, just trying to be a big bully. i think im begining to realise my aspergers is alot worse than i,d like to let on, because if im getting such heated reactions from my own kind, then something is very wrong. there are two sides to me, one is very loving, caring, embracing, kind and intelligent. the other is still all those things, but uses tough love in place of the warm love. i rember a while ago i had a heated confrontaion with tally. do i have any problem with tally? absolutley no, so why did i get so abrupt and shirty when i didnt have to? i notice this alot even with my own peers, but its alot easier to clean up with them because they can see my face and i can just re word what i just said in a different tone of voice. i dont come on here angry, and have not once lost my temper at any point, but i do feel i come on with tunnel vision, and dont see whats around me. i also come on with alot of energy and alot of things to say and again i think alot of that gets misinterpreted, also i have a very cheeky sence of humor and have more than once landed my self in hot water with some of our members. ive come to realise i actully dont fit in anywere, im one of those pepole thats just an exception to every rule.

and i,ll be the first to admit that, my point of view is so right, and everybody who doesnt agree with me is so very wrong. thats something i think shows in my date of birth, maybe in a few years i,ll mature a little bit and shake that mentallity.

dont be affraid to awnser yes to the question in the title, i wont get angry.

A-S warrior, we can only be ourselves and if we are not then there is a level of falseness, some would say dishonesty introduced into the forum.

I think we need to understand that there are a lot of people with ASD on this forum and that in my mind makes us an interesting bunch. Part of that inevitably will mean we have different views on life, thats fine, if we feel strongly about issues even better, whats the point of a belief without conviction.

When it comes to something called maturity there might be a case that as we get older, but more importantly we gain life experience, we might be in a better position to take a more balanced view and weigh up situations. To be honest I have met some very mature teenagers that would challenge many an argument about maturity but I put that down to their own life experiences and personalities.

I personally find the hardest thing on the forum is judging how serious an issue is in someone elses life in trying to gauge an appropriate response. For me people often come on the forum and say very little as a way of testing the waters. Often I feel there is something written between the lines of the post and there might be a very big issue present trying to get out, sometimes I might be right sometime wrong. At other times people come on the forum very emotionally charged, yet by the time there have been a few repplies over an hour or so the initial energy has subsided and they say it wasn't a big thing after all. I admit my personal default position is to take posts seriously because I feel that shows a level of respect, but that's my position hence the nature of my repplies.

The only way i can deal with this is to be honest, speak from my heart or from experience, and understand that when I make a commitment to write it is my choice and mine alone and if no one ever read a word I am prepared to pay the price anyway. When people disagree with me in all honesty I admire them for having an opinion and respect them all the more for it.

My only advice to you A-S Warrior is carry on doing it your way, I for one appreciate what you have to say and would not want it any other way, we all have to think for ourselves and have a right in a free and open forum to express those thoughts, the day we do not feel comfortable to do so will be a sad day indeed.

Well yes but no more than any one of your age, but then that's the view of an old fa-t.

When we are young we think we have all the answers, as life goes on you realize there are no simple answers. Just more questions.

Chris I am often taken back to the classical concept of the 'seven ages of man'. I guess I am at that age where I want to use my limited experience to debate and discuss the issues of the world.

What your excellent post highlights to me is that I am looking forwards to that next age in my life where I can simply 'accept', don't think I am there yet, but then why rush stages in life they will come to us in good time.

Great post.

thanks everybody for the replies, as usual, lancs and chris the voice of reason. i quess if i had all the awnsers i would be god, and im certainly not god, just a normal human, a human that wants to be the best man he can be, and make fewer mistakes. and with lancslads last post, im begining to realise i wont get there anytime soon.

A-S Warrior for me that is the joy of life in so many ways. I am still very fortunate to look up to my nan who is in her late 90's and think, I have seen so little in this life and have still so much to learn, thankfully life is an event we can all participate in and it need not be a race because we are free to set out own rules.

Hey A-S Warrior, from my perspective, you bring a lot of energy and debate to this forum so don't stop now. We often feel bad about ourselves and sometimes post things in haste without thinking things through. I suppose it's easy to say "don't take it personally" if somebody posts something defensive. We are all human and like to voice our opinions whether other people like them or not.

Keep up the good work!

I think we have all posted in hast and regretted at leisure. There's been a few times when I have wished there was an unpost button. At times like that I make use of chocolate buttons.

Having a diversity of opinions make for good discussion.

History repeatedly tell us that imposing ones doctoring on others only leads to disaster.

As someone who has taken the pee recently about something you said - I'd say that some of what you say in your OP is inaccurate - you don't come across badly at all - when I was taking the pee from the AS groups post (even though I made my comment in one of your topics) it was in fun.

I did overreact with the booze thing but that's settled so nothing to worry about there on your part or mine I think.

I aint gonna blow sunshine up your ass -but I will say I like seeing you around and you say stuff that makes me laugh and stuff that makes me think - you're alright mate - we all act in haste at times - but that is not as important as what we do afterwards!! (as in you apologise or you set things right etc - a total a-hole wouldn't)

:D

Hi A-S warrior

Your positivity and enthusiasm is wonderful and refreshing, you just get a bit carried away with it sometimes. Some people find it very difficult at times having AS. Many parents find it extremely difficult their kids having AS. We can't always see anything positive in what is happening. You can interpret things in a very positive way, but unfortunately we're often too exhausted to feel it in any positive way.

As I've said to another forum member, you don't have to agree with what I say, but I do not have to agree with what you say either! If we all accept that we shouldn't get the arguments that sometimes arise on here.

thankyou everybody for the replys, i see 1 vote for A-S is and a****** and the rest either dont know or think the sunshines out of my ass. i think my main problem is my humor gets missed. the thing you have to rember is alot of the times when im posting humor, im almost winking at you while doing it. and when i sound arogant its because i get passionate about my posts. although out of the near 500 ive made at least 300 of those are pointless chat lol.

AS you are OK! You bring a breath of energy to the forum and if at times you are irritating that just helps to keep things lively.