Sign in to follow this  
lil_me

What do you get sick of hearing???

In kierans case the late diagnosis was because i listened to what everyone else was telling me, its his learning disabillities, he s a moody teenager. He was statemented with learning disabillities a 8 that why he went to special school for his senior education but did his primary with special needs support units.If i hadnt had got the school doctor to listen to me he wouldnt have been diagnosed now. Kieran has three brothers two older and one younger and the eldest says things like " you ve let him get away with to much yuo should have smacked him more when he was younger " even he doesnt grasp about the major meltdowns ive tried to explain but they dont want to listen. bless him. lynn

'Don't be silly no one with an IQ of 186 spins paperclips on their desk all day'

Said by my sisters boss after yet agian I had to go to act as her advocate for her to keep her job after she had screamed about counting the greenfly in the garden being more interesting and had walked out.

Well yes they do if the work you give them can be done in less than 30 minutes and they have no idea what to do next because you forgot to give them a list of other resreach project you needed because HEY just because it would take you a week to recall where everything is and put it together thats not a problem for someone with a near photographical recall memory...*gnnnghhh*and excuse me THAT is why you gave her that job in the first place......she is faster than a computer.

FOR HEAVENS SAKE!

You can have ASD AND a huge intelligence.

Has anyone else ever heard, "but everyone is a bit autistic,we're all on the autism spectrum" and a variation of that, "we are all on the autism spectrum,most people have one of the traits,so that makes them autistic to a degree" .

I find it incredibly ignorant that people assume they are "a bit autistic" because they're

'shy',or 'have an obscure hobby' or anything else they say.

It mocks the real difficulties of genuine autistics and their families.

Thanx lil me for starting this post!

How long have you got?

He'll grow out of it

Maybe he'll suprise you

All children do that

It's just a delay

Hasn't he come on

He's made such good progress

He's not autistic - we'd have noticed

I'm not in a position to answer that

We just don't see it

He doesn't seem to meet the criteria

His needs are not complex or long term

His needs will be met in school

James' needs are known

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

L

xxx

school - but you're just not describing the boy we know!

my father after spending the whole day winding him up resulting in the worst meltdown for ages in the middle of a crowded park - I don't have any problems relating to him, send him to us for a bit, I'll soon sort him out!!

Zemanski

The worst one from my Dad

- Well he knows I'm only messing with him, he enjoys it

Ok thats why he returns home hurting himself never wanting to go back there again as Dad hugs him, prods him(in fun of course) and other such annoying things (well annoying to Spike anyway)

We have since resolved this, I rang my Dad after we came home one day and let him listen to Spike in total meltdown. He soon changed his tune, a bit harsh I know but he wouldn't listen. :wallbash:

From our previous headteacher:

"Well, he'll have to grow out of it before Key Stage 2"

(wonder if she said that to the colour-blind kids as well?)

From mother-in-law, mother, grandmother, elderly neighbour, total strangers in shops:

"Of course, in OUR day we just didn't let them get away with that".

Ho hum

this one is starting to really grate

"Bless him "

I know it's meant in the best way but I've never coped with anything bordering on pity, and this just makes me cringe/ cry depending on how hormonal I'm feeling !!

I have had this from all sorts of people... teachers/family/friends... you name it... and it makes me want to run through the streets screaming with frustration:-

'he's fine... you worry too much'

The following are also pretty annoying:-

'he is such a good reader, there can't be much wrong with him'

'he's got you wrapped round his little finger'

'he should have grown out of that behaviour by now'

'SCREAM'!!!!!

My ALL time mosted hated comment is 'Yes but all children do that don't they!' :angry:

It just makes me see red and want to hit whoever said it. :oops: sorry

Carole

I have GOT to second this one!!!

Spot on Carole!!

Grrrrrrrr, it makes my skin crawl and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!! You know the worst part about it, I honestly don't know how to respond to someone who says that! I mean, what do you say???? :wallbash::angry::wallbash::angry: