Sign in to follow this  
bid

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...

Hi :)

We went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory yesterday as a family, and we all thoroughly enjoyed it :thumbs:

Eldest at 16 (AS), littlest at 4 (possible Spectrum dude) and the middlies (NT) of 10 and 8 all had a great time. The Jester :jester: and I also loved it, too.

There's plenty of 'colour and movement' for the littlies, and enough more subtle stuff to entertain adults as well.

Mind you, Johnny Depp :wub: has a rather uncanny resemblance to Michael Jackson :lol::lol:

Now we're just having to live through the re-tellings we've had from the children ever since we left the cinema. Why do they always tell you things as though you hadn't seen the film too?? :hypno:

Anyway, one to recommend for a rainy afternoon these hols! Unless cinemas are no go, of course...

Bid :)

I loved the book

HATED the Gene Wilder film

but suspect the Johnny Depp version will be brilliant.

Ben's MUST SEE is the new version of The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe when it comes out, and he also likes the look of 'Cars', which is showing trailers at the moment.

Incidently - for anyone who's kids have problems with packed cinemas - do you know about Odeon Cinema's 'film gang'? They show slightly older (usually around DVD release) films at 10 on Sat/Sun mornings. Just a couple of quid to get in (and of course our kids get concessions if you've applied for the card), and the cinemas usually half empty [ok for all you optimists out there: Just a couple of quid to get in (and of course our kids get concessions if you've applied for the card), and the cinemas usually half full]. We went to see 'racing stripes' this weekend, which Ben really enjoyed, but you wouldn't have wanted to pay full price on! ;) - TURKEY? You could smell the gravy and stuffing in the foyer!!

Anyway, back to CATCFactory. Are the OOmpa Loompa's still as irritating?

L&P

BD :D

we are going to see it next friday for sons birthday.

he is excited and looking forward to it....as are the other 2......but last time we went to a cinema he cried, poked his fingers in his ears and hid under my arm.

we had to leave.

however when i suggested he choose something else to do he had a complete meltdown and any suggestion of not going sends him off on one!

so we are going to risk it.

if he can't cope i'll bring him out and hubbie can stay with the other 2......hopefully he'll be ok :pray:

Guest flutter

we saw it friday

oompa loompa/s sing

found it bit grim/macabre but was really goood

daughter luved it

jonny depp was good,

why is he soo appealing when camp :wub:

going on wednesday, i know what you mean about the camp johnny thing though loved him in pirates of the carribean :wub: mmmmmmmmmmm

I'm the opposite to baddad. I loved the Gene Wilder film and so shalln't be going to see the new version. I love Gene Wilder :clap:

Have to agree with Jonathan on this one, I remember watching the Gene Wilder film when I was little, I absolutely loved it. My kids now have the video and they repeatedly watch it, they often break into a chorus of "I want it now" :D

But we will probably attempt to go and see the new one, but for me the old one brings back the old cosy Sunday afternoon feeling, if you know what I mean :rolleyes:

Brook

I wanted to take M to see the new film but he has point blank refused because he loves the Gene Wilder version so much!!

So unfortunately me & my mam are going to have to go and see it without the kids... :wub:

Mine love the gene wilder version but will want to see the new one when it reaches us! We saw Madagascar last week which H loved. H is v funny when we take him to the cinema he laughs manically v loudly at bits which aren't funny and gives a running comentary as though you aren't watching it to! :lol: I try to take him at quiet times!

we are planning to go and see it too this week. Although i agree with you on the Johnny Depp thing, he looks very wierd!

but tim burton is known for his wacky and dark portrayal of stories isnt he, so we couldnt really expect a cuddly film lol B)

Okay I love Gene Wilder but went to see the new one because it was a free sponsored event and now I am a convert!! oompa Loopmas bit freeky as computer generated from one guy but Willy wonka is captivating and very three dimensional.

My possible AS daughter said it weas much better because it made the story seem real (good or bad idea I don't know)

The worst thing about cinemas for us is the wait for the feature to start however we have recently found out our daughter likes to count things so we asked to count nu,bers of lights, speakers, words on the adverts...... and she was really pleased when she asked the next time "when is it going to start" to have the lights go down and the same time!!! I love a successful day trip.

Mind you sweets, darkness and excitement led to very melo-dramatic dizzy spells as we waited for the tram home.

I didn't care. we had gone into town on a tram, waited for and watched a film and travelled home again all without a meltdown!!!!!!!!

A better day than the one before where she stood in the supermarket unable to move with her fingers in her ears and her face screwed up with her eyes closed. Not the best look for an 11 year old but I went with it and held her tight covering her ears with my hands until she felt calm.

Sorry went off track a bit but Charlie and The Chocolate Factory RULES :thumbs::thumbs:B)

I like Gene Wilder acting, I thought he was fab in original film version :wub:

;) I don't fancy watching the Johnny Depp version at all, he looks too clean cut and a bit sinister for my liking...

~Jonathan~: Have you seen the film 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother? > :lol::lol::lol: I'll say no more! :lol:

I wasn't entirely sure about taking my daughter to see it as we've only seen cartoon type films before. However she does love sitting in the dark with a bag of pic n mix, I think the film is a secondary thing for her :lol: Think I will take her after all, I was going to take her to see Madagascar but I've seen that already now :whistle:

we are going today......wish me luck!

his vocal tic has started again this morning......it would be that one wouldn't it....lol

hopefully there won't be any quiet bits in the film :P

We saw it on Saturday - really enjoyed it. Loved the Gene Wilder as well and the book!

It is quite dark, but I think that the book is too. Thought Johnny Depp was brill - very Michael Jackson - quite creepy really! Would recommend it to 6+ as it was quite a long film.

it was brilliant.

we all enjoyed it.

G covered his ears a few times but had a good time even though he couldn't understand why i was laughing at some of the jokes......bless him!

We bought the original version on dvd yesterday, no intention of seeing the new version but if Mickey changes his mind we will do so.

ooh i quite like the thought of going to see that

but have no one to go with me and i'm not going to the cinema on my own

will wait till it is out on DVD

We went today to see it and thoroughly enjoyed the film. I'm not sure how much my daughter understands of films but she likes to go and will sit quite happily in her buggy watching and scoffing pic n mix B) She did start squealing at one point and I thought we might have to leave but she was ok and I ignored the angry shushing I heard, tough innit! It's a family film, I took my family :P