Sign in to follow this  
annie

Tony Attwood

The link below is from an Australian radio station.

If you scroll down to 'favourite recent interviews' you can listen to the interview via Real Player or Windows Media Player.

It is an hour long (I'm still listening to it as I type this) and there are a few of Tony's favourite songs about every 10 minutes.

There's nothing particularly new..........but it is Tony Attwood talking purely Asperger's Syndrome and Autism :notworthy::notworthy:

Should be really helpful for parents of newly diagnosed children.

http://www.abc.net.au/classic/throsby/

Annie

B)

Edited by annie

Thanks for that Annie, I have just listened to it, I too jumped the songs :lol:

I have read one of his books but have never heard him speak before.

Thanks

Brook

Hi Brook,

I have the 'Asperger's Syndrome - a guide for parents and professionals' which I think is brilliant.

I've always wanted to go to one of his talks but have never been able to as I've had to run my boys around somewhere or the other.

The other good thing of course was that this was free B) I know it didn't really give advice, but I still thought that it was great.

Annie

:thumbs:

Hi Annie,

that is the book I have read :)

I have read so many different answers to the question of 'what is the difference between autism and aspergers' that I have become quite confused with it :blink: but his explanation on that interview, (about the glasses) made it more understandable, and I will keep it in mind in future, as I have actually been asked this myself by family and friends and have always been a bit stumped :wacko:

Brook :)

Hope nobody minds, but I thought I would bump this back up.

It probably wont be available to listen to forever, so thought while it's there it may be helpful.

Annie

>:D<<'>

My Mum's computer is down but I wish I caould get everyone to listen to this. I love the way he talks about hte subtlties of AS that can be so glaringot us as parents but not to professionals! Not until the differences won't go away and then the grudgingly start to agree....... :wallbash:

Hi Isw146,

Same thing happened to me the other day :D

I love the way he talks. He makes so much sense too, doesn't he?

If only doctors could give parents a copy of it when their child was diagnosed., I know it would never happen, but compared to what they're given at the moment............ :wallbash:

Annie

Edited by annie

hi annie bit thick when it comes to setting this up can i have instructions on how to listen to this interview would like to save it on favourites to listen to it later keep smilin luv karin xx

Hi Karin,

Your not thick :D

When you get the link up. Click on either the Real Player box or the Windows Media Player box and it should start once it has loaded.

Hope this helps.

Annie

Just a quick question. I am listening to the talk now and at the very beginning of the talk, it says that there are 5 forms of Autism. I only know os Classic Autism, High Functioning Autism and Aspergers.

What are the other 2???

hi annie thanks for that oh by the way does anyone know how to change

your picture at the side of your e-mails that you send on the forum brain has gone totally numb with kids off school dont want to be a flaming orange anyomre feel i have came past that stage keep smilin luv karin xx ps is anyone having probs with msn thats where my message from this forum goes cant get into it at all so came on the net to read the forum thanks xx

Hi Karin,

If you go into My Controls at the top, right-hand side of this screen.

On the left-hand side of the next screen, click on Edit Avatar Settings (I think it is). It will give you an option to browse the other avatars.

Hope that's right :D

Sorry, no idea with the msn, but hope somebody else can help you.

Annie

Edited by annie

hi tylers-mum thanks for that brain has fell out i think roll on september thanks once again ihave anew setting i am a matrix as the boys in my house say im a bossy boots hubby likes it too!!! keep smilin luv karin xx

Hope nobody minds me bumping this up, but I thought that as there have been a lot of new members join us lately, perhaps somebody might find this of interest.

Annie

XX

Edited by annie