Sign in to follow this  
jools

summer hols are too long

G is driving me nuts.

everything i do is wrong, everything i say is wrong, no-one likes him, we are all nasty to him, the world is against him.

he has spent the last week alternating between crying and shouting.

the corner he retreats to when he's had enough of everyone has never seen so much action.

i know i'm in for trouble when sept comes because he doesn't like the change and in the past it has taken till jan for him to settle (in a fashion) but at least its good routine.

i've tried to warn him about everything we are doing or planning to do, have rotas and rules on the walls, which do help, but i feel as if i'm going mad this week.

his older sister is fast losing what little patience she had and his younger brother is copying his shouting and demanding

get me that bottle of wine fast!

i feel better already for ranting......lol

HI

I pity my neighbour!

I know what you mean, i would hate to live next door to us, Im sure my neihbours have only been back for a change of clothes, they always seem to be away !! I was wondering if they had moved, but i do see them coming in and out every week or so with a suitcase, so i can only imagine they have gone on a long holiday, or should that be a series of short ones. :oops:

As i type, kieran is raiding the fridge amid gasps and rants from hubby, The eldest has retreated to the security of his room, and the middle one is playing a variety of musical instruments, so aplogies if all this makes no sense i just cant concentrate !!.

School hols are to long but i do miss em when they go back, i dread the winter months, because it seems there is never enough natural daylight to stop them turning into :devil::devil::devil:

Hmmm.

Shaz

x

hi all couldnt agree more there has to be something said for summer school like they do in america wouldnt mind someone setting that up would you? well enough said roll on sept 5th cant wait keep smilin luv karin xx ;);););););)

They were too long, and someone has decided to make them even longer, no need for 7 weeks off in a row, maybe a smaller working week or more frequent smaller holidays, but 7 weeks is crazy

I agree entirely with you all. surely four weeks is long enough. they could encorporate (sp) the other weeks into other holidays.

:rolleyes: they probably wont though!

Edited by elaine1

I live in Oxfordshire where the schools have switched to 6 terms. The theory was that there would be longer half terms and shorter summer and easter holidays; but in actuality they've done away with the easter holiday and replaced it with a slightly longer 'April holiday', and what used to be half term and summer holidays remain exactly the same :unsure: . So a waste of time that was!

Lauren

I think the summer holiday is far too long-whether it's in school,college,or university.

It is annoying to being used to a routine all year,to suddenly having to spend 7+ weeks away,and then having to start something completely different immediately once the new term starts.

It also means no learning for 7+ amount of weeks,and might mean having very little social contact with humans so when the person goes back,they will have to start from the beginning again learning to tolerate being around groups of other humans,I don't know whether it is like that for others but it's one that affects me badly and i'm back in college next month.

I think they should shorten summer holidays to about two weeks,and have the rest of the holidays apart from christmas at 1 week long.

And this would not only benefit those who study and their parents/carers,there is also the bonus of holiday companies not being able to use an excuse for charging excess prices throughout the usually long summer holiday.

Edited by TuX

It's way way way too long for everyone. My daughter is bored all the time, she is driving me mental, if I take her somewhere she doesn't like being around other people so she nips and scratches so either I spend the whole time chasing round after her or we sit at home completely isolated. Her behaviour worsens significantly because of the boredom and lack of routine and my nerves are frayed constantly :(

Not long now girls, the worst is over as they say, just getting them back into the routine of school after having so long off to deal with next :pray: (and I have to brave finishing the uniform shopping) hopefully will go without too much stress

:thumbs: That means I am a bad parent too, as if I can write it on rather than sew a label on I will, found some iron on ones in Woolies last week, might give them a go B)

My son hates most of the labels aswell, we usually test any type of new t-shirts to see if he can cope with the label before we use them for school, 99% of the time he can't stand them unless they are really really small and soft. You can't just cut them off wther as it leaves a lump.

Edited by lil_me

I've given up and just write in Biro on the wash labels...

Same here - I used to sew name tags in but once J came home with the wrong trousers on, age 5-6 when he was in age7-8, and no name in. Washed them and took them in to the teacher but no-one came in with J's. I assumed good intent in that the other parent had not realised but privately thought how easy it would be to cut out a 'sewn in' label and get a new pair of trousers the next size up. I've used biro or thick black pen ever since.