Sign in to follow this  
Sallya

Spent the day with Ben and Badders!

:thumbs: We met up at the enchanted forest.

The boys went off and got on well to start with,

then we had

"I want to be the first"

"I WANT TO BE THE LEADER"

"CAN WE SNEAK OFF NOW"

"Im having the worst day of my life!"

(from my boy!)

Then we had lunch, and the boys found an affinity chasing peacocks, climbing trees and jumping on the tables!

Poor old Badders got collared giving piggy backs to my little girl, we played Robin Hood in the forest, and B got to be the sheriff, so we chased them and tried to get them in jail, but it had no door so they kept escaping!

Spent ages trying to guess the password to open the door to the underworld, so Ben kicked the magic stone, and all 3 asked all the staff at the icecream kiosk what the passord was.

Went on swings and screamed like girls!!

Fed the fishes, and went in the tepee, and voted to go back and play robin hood

(groans from me and Badders !)

went on the pinchy bum swings, and more chasing.

Ben weighs a ton!

We was nearly the last to go, more laughing at the peacocks(or pigeons with a stretched neck!!)

We had the best day

(from mine again)

(absolutes!)

Was such a good day, Ben is georgeous, Badders is very funny.

My feet ache, but is a good ache.

Thank both for a lovely day.

s >:D<<'>

xxx

that sounds like a reallygreat day out. Did the adults have more fun than the kids??

Well, what can I say...

Two of the most obnoxious kids I've ever met, and as for the mother... :devil::lol:

Seriously, apart from the very obvious formatting error (should read: BD is gorgeous and Ben is very funny), Sallya offers a very accurate depiction of a lovely day out. Brilliant sunshine, a 'magical forest', giant swings and a woodland playground with ready-made camps, and hidey holes. Great Fun!

We saw a wild weasel - Honest! A real, live, honest-to-goodness WILD weasel. And one of the rock pools is stocked with 8 - 10 LB Brown Trout... Next time I'm sneakin' in a hand line!

The baby Peacock (or 'Petit-Pois ######' - a spur of the moment joke I was rather pleased with, so will invariably use again-!) really did look like a wood pigeon that had survived a throttling, but hopefully he'll grow out of it...

I was also impressed with the array of tupperware on display at Sally's picnic table (all professionally 'burped' I'm sure!) especially the three of descending size containing respectively Milk, Teabags and Sugar, and the accompanying thermos of boiling water. No pot, though, and mugs rather than fine, bone china, willow pattern, but - what the hey - I can rough it!

Considering the fine mix of various ASD's and ADHD's the kids did BRILLIANTLY, and got on like a house on fire. Between the three of them (and perhaps because they were the only one's with 'joiney-in' grown ups in tow: It does annoy me when adults DON't take advantage of the wonderful, opportunities for silliness their kid's afford them) they attracted loads of other playmates, and it was soooo nice to see (i.e.) Ben at the centre of things rather than on the periphery... So, three lovely kids (Sally's daughter weighs about 2oz, so not really a hardship in the piggy-back stakes; David, her son, wriggles like an eel when a Sherrif manages to catch him, and can put a back out in a second!), all enjoying a day out without any of the pressures they usually have to contend with in such situations: A joy to behold.

Just asked Ben (who's grounded in his bedroom at the moment after a serious golfing misdemeanour - what a contrast!) which part of the day he enjoyed most. Official verdict: "It was all such good fun, I can't say one bit".

Thanks to the three of you,

A suitably knackered BD and Ben :D:thumbs::D

Oh, and there were some of these too: :robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie:

And a Zedonk (half zebra, half donkey... I assume the father must have been half pi**ed? :lol:;) )

aww sounds fabulous - what a great day B)

Pah!! :shame: I come back from holiday, to find that you have all got chummy!! And where were the invitatios for the other batcave dwellers!!? :(( :D

Seriously, sounds brill,...and your weather must have been perfect too!

Time to catch up on the forum,.... have you all been behaving?!!

And, good luck for tomorrow and this week for everyone who has children starting back. :(

Elefan

xx

Pah!!  :shame: I come back from holiday, to find that you have all got chummy!! And where were the invitatios for the other batcave dwellers!!? :(( :D

PAH right back!

I seem to remember offering you a great day out at the Joe Pasquale appreciation society (SE Regions) annual Jamboree, and you knocked me back!! Said you'd rather jump off a cliff with a rope tied round your ankle and a camping gaz stove down your knickers... I thought you were joking at the time... ;):P

L&P, Hen

BD :D

I've love reading this thread. It's given me a warm glow ...or maybe it was a hot flush :wub: ....no...... too old!!! I want to be a child again and go to The Enchanted Forest and see Petit-Pois cocks!!!!

Nellie ;)

Hi Yoda-Nellie-

Being a child again is easy, if you can overcome the embarrassment and ignore the strange looks! Does help, though, I've found, to have a couple of REAL children about, otherwise the strange looks rapidly turn into strange men in white coats ;):lol::lol:

L&P

BD :lol:

Hi Nellie,

It was a very special day. Funny how it started with an awkward handshake, and ended in hugs all round.

Was a bit embarrassed about bringing my own tea! I tend to pack the kitchen sink for a day out so I dont have to queue or spend more money! :oops:

Forgot to mention Badders perched on the baby swings, :lol: and Ben, being hoisted under the armpits by his dad, who was trying to get him in jail, putting a foot each side of the door so he couldnt be put in there.

It was great to let my hair down, and have a laugh. Something Ive needed to do for a long time. Ive been on a real roller coaster ride this year. Just having another adult for company made it easier, and much more fun than going it alone. The kids really took to Badders, he was like a magnet for the all the kids there, and it was very touching to see him and Ben together. It was the perfect end to the holidays. The kids were covered in dirt from head to toe, and it didnt matter. The bath was literally black, after theyd been in it.

Sorry for anyone who could have made it, and didnt spot the post in the meet up thread, it was there for Kent and Sussex peeps, and anyone else ....

The real stars were the kids themselves, they made the day.

S

xxx

Sally you had a great day and no need to apologise. Just wish I lived nearer. Although we did some some squirrels in our Saltwell Park on Sunday :) Made Matthew a veryy happy :robbie:

I love the rabbit!

Carole

Was a bit embarrassed about bringing my own tea! I tend to pack the kitchen sink for a day out

Embarrassed? I thought the fresh brew knocked spots off of anything the shop had on offer! I didn't notice the kitchen sink (though the kids foldaway chairs were good for a laugh)... :lol:

Nellie - let me know when, and I'll give you a hand unpacking this end...

L&P

BD :D