Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lya of the Nox

for those with kids going to school tomorrow

>:D<<'> Big hugs from me too.

My oldest going back into year 2 tomorrow and my little one just starting school, I know I will cry. I also have the letter to take to the headmaster showing my request for assessment.

Edited by lil_me

Good Luck to you all >:D<<'> :thumbs:>:D<<'>

I just thought i would add a postitive note my 7 yr old went back 3 weeks ago and so far he is getting on better than ever before. Engaging in his work, doing things on his own and trying new things!! His teacher is really pleased! Not sure what has brought about the change or how long it will last but after 2 years at school maybe he is settling down. Hope all goes well for the rest of you

James doesn't go back till Tuesday, but has already showed signs of stress. He's been relatively calm all through the summer, four weeks at special needs playscheme helped and we've been on holiday. Not a tantrum to be seen till two days ago, when he started to realise he'd be going back to school next week. It turns out he's worried about his SATS so we've had a long chat about that. Keeping my fingers crossed that he'll calm down now.

Karen

x

My son starts year 3 (juniors) in the morning, he`s been struggling with his emotions about it for weeks now and is still awake at the mo. Luckily he will have the same support teacher in class, not sure about his dinnertime supervision though. The headmistress of the school sent him a lovely postcard last week to welcome him back to school which pleased him but the novelty lasted only a few minutes!

Wish us luck... :tearful:

Hi

MY SON WENT BACK ON FRIDAY, he was really nervous, he has been home tutored since last christmas, this is a new school for mornings only at the moment hes 10 and had a new ta, but tonight he has just said to me hes looking forward to tomorrow, thats the first time he has ever said that to me about school I felt like crying, just hope he stays like this.

I hope everyone gets on well tomorrow.

Good luck

My lad started last week (Thursday), he's had near 8 weeks off, which is about 7 and a half weeks too long for him. The British system of taking near 4 months holiday from education a year is not much help is it ! My lad has autism and without the 'regime' of school can be very difficult to keep in line, even at home he demands very restrictive patterns on all fronts from washing to looking at the TV. Cups must be placed only on certain surfaces, and his cup must always be the same, as must his plates etc, he won't eat or drink if they are changed, and at age 10 has never had a meal outside his home, because he doesn't associate that with eating, which has to be at home and at certain times.

Everything must happen as his 'clock' dictates, and he knows the time to seconds ! 8 weeks is far too long, and we now have to wait another 10 weeks for him to be where he was when he started holidays, because he doesn't seem to retain anything for long. We tried for follow-on recreations and educational back up during the holidays and were laughed out. All the teachers, charities, AND LEA people took holidays too as did Social Services, so there was no-one you could contact. I approached a local scheme which had a centre open for kids near every day near us for children to play football etc, and funded bythe LA, they refused to allow my son to go because they hadn't insurance for 'disabled children'.

A scheme run by the LA FOR disabled children (Free days out about 4 times a year !), was full mainly because paernts of other disabled children took the whole family and took up all the available seats, there was no SS back up either, guess ? ON HOLIDAY ! Our only light relief, is he has no interest in money, or designer gear or the latest fads other children have. It cost us near �700 plus over 8 weeks to try keeping him occupied. I'll be looking forward to the end of 6-8week summer holidays, not because I don't want him to have them, but he has other priorities, and holidays disorientate him. I've already had begging letters from school for money for this that and every other too !

I'm thinking OK, I'll send money via RESULTS ! (That's my money safe).

Edited by MelowMeldrew