Sign in to follow this  
annie

We can laugh now.....but it hurts

Picture this.

I fell down the stairs earlier. When I landed and was groaning in agony like you do. Hubby rushed out of bed to my aid..........only to fall as well, trying hard to miss hitting me in the process..........both of our boys came out of their rooms in hysterics at the sight of us :fight:

Nothing broken, but I've got the beginnings of a lovely bruise coming up on my bum, I can't sit down on my left cheek and my back is hurting because of the jolt when I landed. Hubby has a sore neck and cut his arm in 2 places.

We're decorating at the moment and hubby in his wisdom took up the old stair carpet. I think he's regretting doing it now :lol:

Annie (sore and feeling sorry for herself)

:fight:

Annie im glad noone was hurt bad >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D

I had experience with falling down the stairs when my son was about 2 yrs old... :unsure: I was carrying him and slipped... :oops:

Next thing I knew I was on the bottom of the stairs thought id dreamt it and not sure if I was knocked out. I was in agony.... :tearful: My son seemed fine looking over me I was in shock. Cut the story short I broke my ankle in 2 places, we only found out that my son had broken his leg the following day when he was in agony. I couldn't look after him myself with being on crutches so had help off a family member as he was in a push chair.. :wacko: Im still very nervous now after this long now he's 9 with falling and doing it again as its still weak.

Im really glad you come out of it good though with no severe damages to you but I expect you were shaking.. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sorry to go im rambling again, take care of yourself and put your feet up andhope the bruising goes soon......

Take care

Amanda >:D<<'>

Edited by Amanda32

Hi Amanda,

You're not rambling :)

We were very lucky not to have seriously hurt ourselves like you and your son. The injuries you both had were awful, It's so easily done though isn't it?

I shall definately be keeping an eye on my sore bits, just in case.

Thinking of you both,

Annie

>:D<<'>

Annie

Thanks for that hope you get better soon.......

Yes it is easily done, fall over a pavement etc or silly places but everyone still gets scared when its happened even if its not serious.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

AManda

Edited by Amanda32

I fell down the stairs once. I only had my eldest then and he had left his bike parked at the foot of the stairs :angry: My leg hurt but I was not too bad, or I thought that, until I noticed a lovely patch of red coming through my trousers. I needed six stitches :o

I hate stairs now - bet you do to.

take care

>:D<<'> Carole

Carole I think this is a common problem with people falling down the stairs.... :unsure: Sorry to hear you had a bad time too, if your anything like me I faint when I bleed.... :tearful:

Take care

Amanda >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> As long as you are both ok thats the main thing, my sons find it hilarious if we hurt ourselves, evil little terrors.

But do be careful with injuries, my friends just had to put off her wedding as her Mum fell down the stairs and broke bones in her neck, she's not paralysed but has a 'halo' frame fastened to her head to keep it still :blink:

Hi Carole,

Yep, I need to go upstairs at the moment, but I'm trying to delay doing it. It's only to tidy up, so what the hell. At least I've got a good excuse :whistle:

I know what you mean about bikes at stuff. I somehow managed to avoid 2 skateboards this morning.

You need to be a stuntperson to live in our house at the moment with all the decorating stuff lying about :rolleyes:

Annie

Edited by annie

Hi Annie.

It's not funny but had to smile (when I knew you were fine-ish) if only someone had been filming you, it would have made great TV, something out of Monty Python.

It is very scary when you have an accident like that, Glad you are both fine, hope it stays that way, and you dont have any serious damage.

Viper.

Hi Viper,

My friend fell down the stairs a couple of weeks ago, so I called her after I had got over the shock of it to tell her what had happened to us.

We both couldn't stop laughing either. I think if we'd taped it we could of made it on 'funniest videos' especially when hubby came flying down after me - so much for my knight in shining armour :lol:

Annie

glad you are both ok

i fell down the stairs a few years ago and dislovcated my shoulder. i cried i was in so much pain and G just looked at me as though i was mad....lol

take it easy today and i hope you don't ache too much tomorrow!

OUCH!!!

I would have a nice hot bath both of you...separately.....

As you might you are worse for wear tomorrow.....

Hope you do not ache too much....

I feel out of the patio door the first week of the holiday....and could not walk for a few days.....after recovering from that....I bang my elbow......massive bruise.....so know exactly what pain you are in

Edited by mrs q

Oooh Annie, I hope it isnt too painful.

I fell over on some ice last year and had a horrendous bruise on my bottom

Mind you it was quite entertaining to find out what colour my bottom was every morning. I think it went through most colours of the rainbow and I couldnt even show anyone at work to gain sympathy!

Take care

Loraine

I did something similar about a year ago and I'm convinced that had I fallen further back I would have broken my back. My bum went blue for weeks and I still have a dent in my cheek where the stair hit me. Course the boys stood and laughed hysterically, while I cried through the pain.

Hope you're feeling better soon, I remember well not being able to sit down :wacko:

In June my Dad fell on the stairs (not down them), and broke his ankle. When he tried to stand up he then fell down the stairs and broke it again, this time the bone pierced through the skin! :oops:

He spent a month in hospital and had to have an operation, his foot is literally held together now by pins/ metal plates etc.

Glad to hear your fall wasn`t as serious!! :)

Hope all your black and blue bits get green and yellow (and disappear completely) very soon. Blame the cat! :wacko:

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Apart from 1 big red mark that appeared on my bum where I landed yesterday, I have nothing else to show for what happened.

I can sit down now :thumbs: but it hurts like mad to put any pressure on my lower back and my neck is hurting now :fight:

I can't wait for the bruising to start to come out, I think any day now I'll have to change my user name to 'annie and her technicolour bum' :lol:

Hubby's got a cut on each elbow and a big bruise on one of them.

After all that, we both still keep laughing about it. Our youngest (14) couldn't look at either of us all day yesterday without going into hysterics.

Annie

Nellie - If hubby tries to rub my sore bits at the moment, I think I'll give him even more injuries :lol::lol:

XX