Sign in to follow this  
lorryw

horrible, horrible day

Im not a great one for self pity but yesterday was so horrible I think Ive won the right to a bit of wallowing.

We are having a hard time finding support for my son and despite contacting several well known organisations we are still no further forward.

I took my 13 year old beloved beagle to the vets and was told her cancer had returned. The vet was very kind and said it was a tough operation for her to cope with and while her quality of life was still good it was probably best to let nature take its course. I just stood and nodded numbly and cried all the way home. Poor old girl, I love her to bits and will miss her so much.

My son had a huge mega meltdown, no idea what it was about he suddenly came in from the garden and started punching his head, screaming, banging the wall. I ignored him, which is all I can do he is far to big for me to intervene and eventually he stopped. I always feel so helpless because he is non verbal and I cant put right what is upsetting him.

My husband then asked me to place a memorial in our local paper for his father who died 2 years ago, that really cheered me up!

Im back at work tomorrow and pity the first person who asks if Ive had a good week!

so sorry to hear you had such a horrible day. is there any way you can plan in something nice for yourself in the next few days - a nice lunch with a friend, a relaxing treatment like a massage or something - just something to make you feel special.

Elaine >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> You have every right to feel down >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hope you have a better day today.

Carole

Everyone here on this forum understands the need for you to wallow and it is the very least that you deserve to be able to.

Lots of warm fuzzies being sent over cyberspace to you and yours

Love

HelenL

Not helped by the fact that the woman LorryW pays to sit with her son :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ( yep me) fell over in the kitchen today, stuck elbow through door of oven which then shattered everywhere, dislocated and chipped bone in toe and spent all afternoon in A & E. And this was supposed to be my morning off!!! And stupid doctor ( had to be a man ) told me to sit with foot up and rest........ yeah right!! Will phone you soon, thinking of you, Kat

I have a paul mckenna cd that hypnotises me , its great for times of stress and improves my outlook on life most days. I wouldnt be with out it and something like this could help you too.

Good luck

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts. Its lovely to know people do actually care.

I feel much happier now helped in no small part by Katkins mournful telephone message describing her accident. I was still choking back the laughter when I rang her to commiserate. I have decided to keep the message on my answerphone to play back if I feel in need of cheering up.

I have also had an email from a local autism group who are keen to help with the situation regarding social services. My son has been a happy bunny and I had to reprimand the dog several times for attempting to get on the trampoline, so she cant be feeling too poorly!

Thanks everyone its very much appreciated

Lots of love

Lorainexxxxx

Don't know why you think it's funny -I didn't work for you today because of that but glad I made you laugh :lol::lol: Yes people she really was still laughing when she phoned - no sympathy! :D

Poor both of you!! >:D<<'>

This forum has done wonders for my moral. I now know what that saying means.... 'misery loves company' :lol:

Hope things improve... and always remember... 'tomorrow's another day' :jester:

Lauren XX

Loraine, >:D<<'>

Sorry I'm a bit late, but just wanted to say I do sympathise. I hope you get the help and support you need, it shouldn't have to be this difficult.

Nice to see you in a lighter mood now, thanks to Katkin! :lol:

Nellie >:D<<'>