Sign in to follow this  
loulou

got off to a rocky start but......

Hi everyone,

Well we made it! I don't know how i did it, but i got Kai into his new school today and yesterday!

Yesterday was his first day, and he woke up crying and was quite stressed. I managed to keep him positive and drove him to school (12 miles away). He punched me a few times, but i managed to get him in the building and he actually went off with the teacher!

I felt like a nervous wreck all day!

Anyway, when i picked him up he seemed a bit dazed, but chatted about his new friend :wub: and all the things he did. The teacher told me he was an angel :wub: . I couldn't believe it. I'm soooo proud of him. He even ate the dinner.

He was quite hyper after school and has sworn continuously since, so i think that's how is dealing with this huge change.

This morning, he decided he wasn't going back there, but again i managed to stay positive and got him to school. Unfortunately i hadn't timed my journey right, so we got there a bit early and the kids were lining up outside. Kai got really stressed out and wouldn't go in. A TA had to carry him in kicking and screaming.

It was awfull :crying: , and it was my fault for being early.

I've just called them and they said he settled in fine and told the teacher the crowd had frightened him.

I still feel very nervous and a bit panicky. Can't wait to go and get him this afternoon!

Loulou x

loulou

Pleased to read your post. It must be difficult for you both at the mo. Hang on in there and remember you have good friends here.

Hope things settle in the not too distant future but you've made a good, if somewhat turbulent, start. :thumbs:

Barefoot

I was wondering how things went. I hope today turned out OK in the end - I really hope this works out for your son - you have waited so long. :pray:

Try to relax and enjoy the weekend

K