Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Ben is HE'd now

Hi all,

I did my first day as Bens teacher today and we had a wonderful time. Ben enjoyed it and kept saying "I love you mummy, you are the best mummy in the world." :wub:

He was so happy, we laughed and played and made a magnetic fishing game with numbers on that we add up to see who won. I subscribed to a wonderful site with loads of educational stuff. B)

Tomorrow we concentrate on litracy. Early days yet so I am still learning how to do this but it's fun. :thumbs:

Best of all we had no melt downs and he was eager to learn.

Viper.

Viper,

I'm really pleased that you have both enjoyed your first few days of HEd. I hope that it continues to go well for you both. B)

wow congratulations. you are so brave!

I would love to do that but my son is 12 and fear he wouldnt get the education he needs.

good luck with it though >:D<<'>

Hi Viper, missed your other thread about this. What a shame that the school couldn't or wouldn't manage Ben's need in the right way. Let's just hope that instead of breathing a sigh of relief they take the time to take stock of what they could have done and learn from it.

As for HE, good luck, it isn't for everyone but I really hope it works for you. Big step, well done for having the courage to take it.

Right, got here eventually...

WELL DONE BOTH OF YOU!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Viper, you are much braver (and obviously far more resourceful!) than me... My Ben'd learn nowt if it was down to me alone, except that dad's temper flares when he tries to multi-task!

Very very best

BD :D

congrats to you both :o)

ae you in touch with any local HE groups?

there's an active and varied home ed special needs email list, details on how to join at HE Special

I am HE-ing mum of 3 offprings (ages 17, 14 and 9). I'd lost all faith in schools and SEN support before realised that L was on the spectrum.

-

Katya