Sign in to follow this  
Viper

We've got a bloody mouse

I've been busy sorting out things in general in my house and have found mouse dropings in my fruit bowl and a chewed apple, I have been acusing Ben of taking a bite from an apple and putting it back. :oops:

I don't mind mice but I don't want them in my house. The problem is, how do I get rid of it without killing it, my kids would be devastated if I killed a poor mouse and I don't like the idea either.

I think it is living in my sideboard where we keep the PS2 games with the fruit bowl on top. It's droppings are very small so it may be a harvest mouse as we live in the country.

Viper.

it's that time of year - we tried everything we could find from repellent to humane traps, they even took the bait from killer traps so in the end I'm afraid we had to use poison :(

Zemanski

Well we have ###### headgehogs, frogs and bats (yes Bats) because of Matthew and Terry think they have as much right to live in our kitchen as we do. Well not the bats - but I swear that they are as facinated by Matthew as he is by them.

We once had next doors hamster as a lodger, but he looked like a mouse. Before I met Terry I would flip is I seen anything that resembled a rodent now I am laid back and cool about them B) It's blooming great spiders I do not like.

Carole

We have hedgehogs too but they live in the garage, where the mouse used to live. We also get our fair share of frogs in the garden and Ben even found a real snake in the summer, not a slow worn a real live snake.

As for our pets, we have three parrots (Macaw, African grey and a thing that looks like a coloured pigeon) A tortoise, a senile cat a mad dog, two goldfish and about 38 tropical fish. I used to breed rats and we have had mice a gerbil and one other cat. So you see we have enough pets, Now I just have to convince the mouse to move on. :lol:

Unless I can train it to run up the SW leg tommorow. :lol:

Viper.

We get mice regularly as the cat brings them in. She doesn't kill them, just brings them home and lets them run around so that she can torture them for as long as she likes. I'm often to be seen half-naked on the lawn at two in the morning, performing a sort of a rodent version of Born Free. You'd think she'd be too knackered at her age, she's fifteen now.

Karen

x

Yup we get them in our place too - you can try the welly boot trick which always works really well & is very humane!!

If you can chase them out of where you are hiding and then they usually run along the edge of the room. lay out a welly on the floor & they like to run in it and round the little corner at the bottom & hide. Then you just pick up the welly fold over the top to keep em in & leg it into the garden where you can shake it free!

No sad kids & happy mice

mind you it's not as much fun as watching my dad chasing one round the room with a tupperware box trying to get it to jump inside!!

Nikki

we've got nits :wub: Thank god they are not a protected species, I've spent hours the past 48 hours fumigating the kids, me the house, everything. :sick:

Lauren

:unsure: Now I've started scratching, the thought of nits makes me itch

We don't get as many mice since my friend moved who had a cat who used to bring them in my house, she was the same as the other cat mentioned, rarely killed them, seen them as toys I think

you can buy humane traps i think, look on the net bet someone sells them.

We've recently had a mouse too - may still have it actually, unless the cat scoffed it (which I doubt; she's virtually blind). I posted on here about it some time ago and someone recommended a humane trap.

Yes, you can get humane traps. You have to take Mousey for a long walk before you release him though, otherwise he'll come straight back.

Put raisins coated in cocoa powder in the trap - they love this.

me too ( for the 1st time in a long time) :lol:

thank you

>:D<<'>

The next person to mention the word mice, mouse or mouses is banned........for EVER!!!! That includes computer mouse. My skin is crawling! :tearful: I hate mices!!! :(

Nellie :robbie:

Sorry Nellie, please accept my humble apollogy :P but if you had you plums nibbled every time you got up in the morning and you could hear nibbling behind your computer as you typed then I could let you get away with this flagrant abuse of your power :devil::lol: but as it is, I am seriously worried about my mellons now, they are just laying there waiting to be attacked. I may have to start a campaign to save vipers mellons and plums, it's already too late for my cherry :whistle:

Sorry I must go to bed now to recover from my outburst. :oops:

Viper.