Sign in to follow this  
lynyona

when groundhog day grinds you down.

Hi im just having a rant but advice appreciated.My son kieran 19 who i have posted many post about bless him.He is driving me to distraction.It is this multi tasking that he does very loudly!He has the tv on either playing games or a dvd and he has his music on with headphones from the stereo and walks around talking to himself(im sure ive told you all about this before)now i am downstairs and all i can hear emulating from the bedroom who yes dinnerladies he s got the headphones that loud to hear over the tv i can make out everysong he s listening to keane agh yes.And i know he s walking around and around because i can hear the floorboards creaking and if he s not singing loudly and flatly he is tshouting to himself, now i can usually switch off but i cant seem to at the minute plus he is attached to my next door neighbours what must they think as they are often banging on the wall but that doesnt phase me they make enough racket but i need to try and stop him or calm it down abit aghhh. sorry for the rant lynn

Have a few of theses

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Go outside a scream makes me feel better other than that I go outside a punch my punch bag gives me 10min peace and it's great at getting out the frustration

:thumbs:

Lisa

David is totally unaware of any noise that he is making himself, although he can hear a pin drop from 100 meters :lol: Seriously we make David wear headphones during the night. I can still hear his TV programme in our room through the phones. Then of course there is his laughing you cannot mute that. But his party piece is clearing his cupboard out at 3am. He takes out and stacks all of his DVD's and CD's, talking about how they got into such a mess and how long it's going to take him to sort them out, 5am usually, well you can imagine.

I to wish I had an answer. I can't help you but I can join you.

Carole

I can only echo Carole!

My daughter goes through phases of singing loudly to her headphones in the middle of the night. She is totally oblivious as to its effect on others, but she will tone it down if reminded. I worry about the neighbours too but they haven't complained - yet.

K

Edited by Kathryn

Think we ve got a noise war on our hands lol.Now we have to teenagers live next door and the mother goes out to work at six and doesnt return till late.I think they are giving us payback for kierans noise but it goes in fits and starts every morning this week we ve been awoken the full blast dance music boom booming through the wall at 7.30am oh joy now if they think they are doing it to disturb us they arent because dh is already up and out and ds is up ready for work and im usually awake,if they are doing it to nnoy kieran he is blissfully asleep lol.My ds says thata if it carries on he ll go around there and put their lights out but then they know that its getting to us no i dont think so and as we have had disputes with them before i dont want another we still have to live next to them.It quiet at the minute but 10 minutes ago all the walls were shaking in my house lol but the only comforting factor is imagine how loud it must be in their house i wonder if they d do it if we were a terrace block and not semi s probably because the people the other side are a bit older and they dont say anything or darent. lynn

hello lynn,i used to have a noisy neighbour like yours,about 10.30 every night my walls used to shake with the song sexual healing by marvin gaye!!(i dread to think what was going on!!)it must have deafened them though cos i could hear every word,they might have been doing it to get back at me though cos steven had a habit of throwing a ball against the wall for hours on end,lol!

I used to have an insomniatic DIY enthusiast next to me. all night, drilling and banging. then his kids (18 and 14) used to play their rap through the day. i couldnt do much about the night time noise but through the day i used to put my speakers against their walls and play my heavy metal full blast lol. they even had the nerve once to come and ask me to turn it down cos the youngest couldnt hear her eminem cd lol.

Guest hallyscomet

Groundhog day, I like that, sounds ssssoooooooooo familiar LOL

I have days many days with my son where I feel :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Now I will just call it Ground hog day >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> to all us mums suffering Groundhog days! Cheer! Have a nice glass of red perhaps we need to buy headphones for ourselves. LOL :lol:

Hailey

oh evil day oh evil day cant i just take his batteries out aghh :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: .Tragedy the xbox wont play on his telly it used to and how is it my problem and to be honest i dont give a castlemaine xxxx lol but im not going to hear the last of it go to the shop and get me a new telly yeah right lol. lynn

only wish i could advise!! but i had to reply am very impressed with the description "groundhog day" what a brilliant way to put it, it does feel like that sometimes, actualy a lot dont it??