Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Fireworks

Hello

At this moment in time, there are loads of fireworks going off. My little girl who is 2.5 years is terrified of them whereas her asd brother really likes them. Have decided not to get any fireworks for tomorrow night as it would scare her too much - though her 5 year old brother will not be too impressed.

Do other kids like fireworks or are they scared? :wacko:

Forbsay

x

Matthew used to hate fireworks well at least he hated the noise they made. Now he cannot get enough of them, although he still hates the noise. We have so far been to see two local displays and my eldest son came home from work carrying a HUGE box of firworks this evening.

Did you all know that poor Guy Fawkes (well Guido Fawkes) was actually the fall guy? The ring leader was actually called Robert Catesby. Guy Fawkes was not even British he was Spanish and he was the one found sitting next to the 36 barrels of gun powder.

Home Education is a wonderful thing - I learn something new every day :lol:

Carole

Hi Forbsay - we've got a similar situation to yours here. 3 year old (NT) terrified 10 year old (asd) loving it. Went to little ones nursery bonfire on Weds and he spent the whole time with his face in my jacket shouting I WANT TO GO HOME at top volume, 10 year old was running around having a great time!

Will prob get a few fireworks for 2moro but may just take older son to local bonfire don't think little one coluld stand another one.

Luv Witsend.

Hi Char went to a display and guess what he went to sleep yep sleep in his buggy after 15 mins.

Oh well try again tom' night LOL

Lisa x

:D

Mine hates them. We won't even bother to go to a display this year as last year he cowered on the floor with his hands over his head!

It's nearly 10.30 and he is still awake because he hates the noise!

H (ASD,5) has always hated fireworks.

Today, completely out of the blue he asked to go to the Firework display with his elder brother at their Special School and seemed to cope fine, but he wore his ear protectors to help with the noise.

Keeping trach of two Autistic boys (5 and 7), plus a 2 year old and a four year old while they ran about in the dark was quite challenging though! :blink:

Simon

Hi Kathryn, :)

Thanks for the link, quite nice, never thought of it this way before. ;)

Mind in France we celebrate the 14th of July when the french people succesfuly took over :ninja: the "Bastille" a prison for dissident as a symbole of destroying the Monarchy well as you probably know the "guillotine " never been so busy it was definitly a "######" revolution we had quite few others after that one all very gruesome but we don't celebrate all of them. :party:

Strangely enough French people keep buying magasins about the life of the various royale families around them England Belgium Sweden Denmark Monaco as if they would like the Monarchy back I don't think the few descendant of the French royale family would be interested in taking the job except with a hight premium life insurance policy. :lol::lol:

Malika.

My son (ASD),insited on going to the firework display at his special school.He hates the noise that they make and watched from the hall.The door was OPEN this year;last yaer he stood behind a closed door,so it was progress.His brothers loved the display and pushed up close to the safety fence.xx