Sign in to follow this  
lorryw

group hug needed!!

I have just been to my bank to open a care account . SS insist that I open account with both mine and sons name for the sole purpose of recieving and paying out money for his cares.

I approached my bank last week, no go. They insisted that I would have to apply for power of attorney or through the courts. The woman actually whispered that I should try another bank!

Attempt two, today strode to different branch armed with letter from SS explaining the situation. Still no go, I was so angry I felt my eyes stinging with tears. I stood my ground and mentioned the British Banking Association letter (I had already shown it to them and they hadnt actually read it) They then insisted my son attend an interview, I pointed out he had severe learning difficulties, couldnt write or speak. She then trotted out a tale about opening an acount for an 8 week baby who had to be in the interview whilst the parents opened the accountThey reluctantly agreed and made an appointment for 3 this afternoon. Now that Im home Im angry about that as well. I should have asked them to do it there and then. My husband will have to be at home yet again whilst I make another visit to the bank. To rub salt into the wound the bank was festooned with leaflets declaring how wonderful they were with disabled people!

I have had such a tough year with officialdom, DLA, Council tax, social services its just one obstacle too many.

Oh well, up and onwards (she says between gritted teeth)

Love Loraine

;) you could try a post office account- i have one which my benefits is paied into

.i think i only filled in a form for it-you get statements every 3 months and card to draw out the cash.

its not switch or anything[the card] its just for drawing your money out. :)

p.s you can use it in any post office branch as well

Edited by rainbow queen

Thanks chaps,

I didnt bother going back to my bank and tried a completely different one. They were an absolute delight and were so kind and helpful, in complete contrast to my own bank.Account now up and running and I can pass the details to SS to enable me to pay my sons carers (a grand total of 8 hours a week)

Whilst I was out my own bank rang and left a message. They had checked with procedures (?) and would require a court order or evidence of receivership before they could open an account. Im glad I didnt go back for my appointment, I wouldnt have been responsible for my actions.

Im about to write a stiff letter of complaint to both bank and Bankers Association.

Thanks for reading my grumble and the hugs!

Love Loraine xxx

Loraine,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'm glad you got it sorted out in the end, I hope the day ends better than it began.

K x

Lorraine. Great outcome, I'm glad you decided another bank and got a more friendly and helpful response eventually. It just shows what perseverance can achieve. :thumbs:

Lauren

Loraine,

sometimes these things are soul destroying and you just want to explode. I'm glad you got it worked out in the end though, well done! >:D<<'>

I'm late too but well done you and if I were you I would probably wait until everything is up and running and then transfer all of my business to the nice bank, away from the bank with the nasty attitude.

Carole