Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

Please Ignore!

We do post pics on a AS Yahoo Group but they have a seperate file for doing so.

Yes there are issues (I know that because we did have an incident on this group) and I think it all depends on how far we are going to go in a bid to stop someone from taking liberties with our kids. I have photos of Matthew posted on the AS group and am happy to have them there. It's my choice.

It remains to be seen if it is even possible to post pics on this forum?

Carole

You can't post a picture directly but you could post a link.

Something like an MSN Group or a Yahoo group would be better as they can be restricted to viewing by members only, while a forum like this is completely public so I wouldn't be comfortable posting any pictures. It's a real shame the world is like that, but on balance I think its best not to post pictures of pur children on a publically-viewable forum.

Simon

Well I posted links the links to my kids pics and to be honest I dont have worries about it and have posted links on the few forums I use in the past. I also use our real names (have debated changing but haven't yet!). I dont have pics posted willy nilly and am usually selective about which I put up but generally I'm fairly comfortable with it.

Lynne x

I don't have particular issues but I wouldn't post without their permission - sort of a privacy issue, you all know far too much about them without being able to identify them in the srteet should that million to one chance happen. Sometimes I feel pretty guilty that I post about them at all.

Zemanski

Personally speaking, no, I wouldn't post pics of my kids.

We give a fair bit of info about ourselves, maybe not in one post, but if you piece it all together then we do, I use a username, also do not name my son.

I have seen names of schools accidentally posted before the moderators delete them, I know it's sad, but true, that we have to be careful, imagine having a photo of a child, their name and the school they attend! far too risky.

Sorry, if I sound over the top, but I feel quite strongly on this one.

Brook ;)

Personally I don't think it's appropriate to put photo's on a forum as it could be open to abuse.

Someone posted a photo of their child on the forum before and it was removed by Admin. I shall pass this to admin for consideration.

Nellie xx

After I posted this, I realised how stupid it was to even consider it.

I guess all this stress lately has gotten to me and I an't thinking straight.

Will delete OP now as I feel daft! LOL duh.gif

TM,

What are you like! :lol: HH is right don't stress about it, it's not a problem. It may be something others have wondered about. I think I would like to leave the topic for admin to have a look at. Then maybe we will get a ruling one way or the other.

Nellie xx

TM

If you want to show poeple photos of your kids it is best done using something like Yahoo! photos where you can restrict access to only people that your trust or make initial contact via PM and use email thereafter. Or join one of the Yahoo or MSN groups where there is no access to non-members.

Simon

And the ruling is,....

Sorry folks, but for the safety of you all and the children, no photo's are permitted to be posted on the forum.

Kindest regards,

Elefan

:) We are just being super-safe! Hope you equally understand. We take the safety of our members and families very seriously.

Kindest regards,

Elefan

Tylers-mum,

Dont feel daft. It was a perfectly good suggestion, but I feel the right decision has been made. >:D<<'>

I agree, it would be nice to see eachothers kids, but sadly it's not a safe option.

Take care

Brook :)

:) We are just being super-safe! Hope you equally understand. We take the safety of our members and families very seriously.

Kindest regards,

Elefan

Yep Elefan - understand totally the reasons why :-) No problems at all :-)

Lynne x