Sign in to follow this  
DAS999

Advise about AS older girls and ladies

A bit of an awkward subject to tackle but hear goes?

My girlfriend always gets more behaviour problems / anxiety around �that time of the month� (which is hard enough for her to deal with (has a being clean obsession)). Does anyone else find this, with an AS/ASD female they know?

Ok awkward moment over

:unsure:

cant give you any advice on that really das as my daughters only 3 but is your girlfriend on any contraceptive pills or jabs?they should help her cope with pmt around that time. :)

Hi Das,

Would have to say that every female I know ( including myself ) gets a bit tense, moody and emotional on the lead up to a period. It's one of the joys of being a woman !!

Seriously though any anxieties your girlfriend may have will be greatly exagerrated around that time I would have thought.

"Why does it take 10 women with PMT to change a lightbulb?

Because it JUST DOES OK!!!!!!" ;)

Sorry - seriously though PMT is a major problem for many women and I can imagine if your girlfriend already has difficulty controlling her emotions due to her AS then this can't be easy for either of you as the hormones muck things up even more.

I often describe having PMT as like being two people, the normal one is stuck inside the one with PMT screaming and hammering on the skull saying: "No! Don't do that, you don't have to, you really don't!!!" while the one with PMT rages through her life knocking everyone and everything flying.

Well - that's what I'm like anyway. I am not looking forward to the menopause.

Just bear in mind Das that when she has PMT what she does is forgiveable, PMT is almost like a personality disorder in itself, just bear with her and love her for who she is for a week!

Daisy

Hi Das.

I used to have this problem. I also have depression, which was much worse at that time. I found the contraceptive pill helped immensely. It also keeps everything completely regular, which is good too!

Apparently Prozac can be used to treat severe PMT. It's actually marketed under a different brand name for this purpose. It's not for everyone, but it might be worth looking into.

Hi DAS,

I'm a bit late to this thread but just wanted to reinforce what others have said, my daughter definitely gets a bit more tearful around that time - I keep meaning to start a diary to confirm this and to give me some warning when these times are likely to occur.

She also has an obsession with being clean - which I suppose is better than the opposite scenario.

I find it hard to determine whether I am subject to the same mood changes. I think the people who live with me would say I'm just a crabby old cow most of the time anyway. :devil::devil::devil:

K

Hi, Yes, I can relate to this. As everyone has been saying many women suffer from this, not just AS. But what I noticed for me was that I never used to know when my time was coming- even though it was every month it always caught me off guard- disorganisation? But it meant that each month I did not relate the reasons why I became so emotionally instable for a time to the actual cycle until it was too late. So it was intense and frightening emotionally every time. Then I noticed that I am always in sinc with the full moon. So if I begin to feel edgy, mad- bad- and dangerous to know, I can check the moon in the sky and it works like a good structured routine now so I am not so unprepared. ...I'm a raving luna chick :hypno: but being aware and prepared helps. I can understand it better and deal with it more. Also other People can check the moon phase to see if its safe to come and visit me. :lol:

.. depression and aggression during the time may be lessoned with some medications. When I have taken feminax for the pain before, I have been surprised at the soporific effect it has on me. not sure if its supposed to do that? but it is calming. A GP might be able to recommend some SSRI's too.

good luck :)

Guest flutter

i very late to this sorry bad life at the mo :wallbash:

your girlfriend can be given the pill continuously, that will stop aunty flo, it does no harm ( years we have been told we need it!!!! doh) or the depo injection can stop aunty flo too,

if u wnat any more info pm, i was a very hormanal being, and can try and help

tc

C xx

Hi Das, prozac or( fluoxetine) can be prescribed for severe pmt. Youre girlfreinds Gp should be able to help her with that one.

Regards

Laine :rolleyes: