Sign in to follow this  
lil_me

Argh Just my luck - OT!!

Went and finished the Xmas shopping on Thursday in a very busy Metro Centre, came back exhausted. Sigh of relief that I was finished. But OH NO LIFE ISN'T THAT EASY!! I've gone and lost my bank card when I was out, and somewhere we've misplaced (partner had the bag and trying to be nice) a bag of gifts, �150 worth, I'm gutted. No cash card to get the money out to buy them and all of that to pay for again :tearful:

Edited by lil_me

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Big Hugs to you.

Nothing I can say really apart from I feel for you all. I suppose you have tried finding the bag? I know I know stupid question at this time of year - who is going to hand it in :(

Carole

Do you have insurance on your card? If so the lost things should be covered. Is it a bank card and have you contacted the bank?

It is an awful thing to have happened, It's something I would do, so I know how you feel. I had my handbag stolen from under my pushchair once and have lost my handbag so many times that I don't carry one anymore.

Viper.

I thought I may have left the card in one of those stupid chip machines, done that before but it isn't there. Not insured unfortunately, times like this I wish I had paid for it with his Barclaycard :wallbash: I have cancelled it but they say it will be after xmas before they get a new one out to me, not much use when I have to replace these presents and no access to my cash if I can't get to the branch next week, but also its the only ID I have so I can't withdraw without ID, what a nightmare. :tearful:

I have rang all the shops we went into from there and noones handed it in, the centre's customer services isn't open until Monday, will try then but as you said carole I'm not very hopeful.

Edited by lil_me

I just sat and thought oh I will order it online, then I went to click check out and thought damn I can't pay with the card as it is cancelled :hypno: Blonde moment

Oh what a horrible thing to happen. I once left a bag of Christmas goodies behind the door in a store loo. By the time I had realised and gone back some swine had nabbed them.

Big hugs.

Love Lorainexx

Thats a rough thing to happen at any time of year, never mind now. Have you been onto the police to see if anythings been handed in? There are some honest bods about. Keep my fingers crossed for you.

I tried the police station but they said to try the customer services as thats where goods handed in are kept, dunno where its gone, so frustrating, might have put it down when opening the car as we were in a hurry and left it. I can't understand dishonest people, I couldn't sleep if I found something and didn't hand it in. Police managed to get in touch with the customer services there, nothing handed in :(

Edited by lil_me

I have found money sticking out of cash machines - taken it in to the bank,. Once did this with a �10 note, returned later to a round of applause as a little old lady had come in having found she had left it behind after asking for it. But by far and away the best one was when we went inot the bank saying hello to a mum from school who was going to the machine. We were straight in and straight out. She'd gone but the machine was bleeping away asking if she like any other transaction - card was in the machine and active! I hit no, checked the name and legged it after her. When I caught up with her all I could do was grab her and point to the card. Her response..."Oh, did I leave it behind again? I'm always doing that, my husband gets quite cross about it. Thanks" Took card and walked off! I think her hubby was nuts! Mrs P would only do it once (and I doubt she'd do that) before she lost the card!!!!!!!

I really hope someone did find your stuff and that tomorrow it'll be sitting waiting for you to collect it.

Tried everywhere, have left my number with them but not too hopeful, will have to buy some of them again, but one was the last submarine they had in stock for my son, hopefully get one after xmas, its the only thing he's kept asking for.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> loads of them to you, stop kicking yourself it was one of those things. Know how you feel about the submarine though, spent 6 weeks trying to find a horse head groom and glam thing for wee girl and eventually got it yesterday. Hopefully the time of year will bring out some goodwill in folk and it will be handed in.

Can you try claiming on you house contents insurance. Ours covers stuff that we lose when we are out, like cameras etc, maybe they can help. Wnt get the sub back but eases the pain a bit.

Viper.

Never thought of that, saying that don't want to increase next years premium, will have a look through my policy and see what excess etc I have

Lil me >:D<<'> >:D<<'> what a horrible thing to happen at any time of year let alone now. :(

Don't give up hope, someone handed my card in after I'd left it in an outside cashpoint :o and I also had my purse handed in to the police station after dropping it in the street. Lets hope and pray for a restless conscience for the person who may have taken it.

:o so sorry for you

its easy done with all the stuff we have to think of-dont blame yourself

i often lock my car keys in the car on car parks and have left my purse in postoffice.

its hard to think straight .

hope u r ok : :wub:

Lil Me

I can't stand to think of the disapointment on your sons face when he doesn't get his sub. If you want I will find one on the internet, pay with my debit card and have it sent to your address then you can send me the money after christmas, as long as it is not too expensive. PM me with details of your address and the name of the item if you want, but don't tell my hubby. ;)

Viper.

Edited by Viper

Poor you!!

I once lost about �200 of lego. So that my son wouldn't see the lego bag when I got it out of the car, I put it in a black bin liner. As we came in the front door with me carrying it he was having a meltdown so I put it by the front door while I was dealing with the chaos then forgot all about it. My hubby came in, saw the black bin bag by the door and put it out with the bins for the dustmen the next day. By the time I'd realised what had happened the binmen had come and gone!! I was gutted.

I've also left my pram in a car park before. I put the babies in their car seats and then drove off. Luckily someone handed the pram in, my twins were only about 6 weeks old at the time.

Hope someone hands it in for you.

Lisa

Its worth checking every shop you were in because they dont hand stuff in to the main desk . My little girl left her bag with a gameboy in it in the walls shop and we got it back.

Karen

aw totally gutted for you :( someone i know went to london xmas shopping and had a suitcase full of presents stolen off the train,how can people be so mean :angry:

Viper thanks for the offer, there isn't many people left on this earth who would offer to do something like that for a stranger, I really appreciate the offer but I have managed to order a different one but still a submarine (PHEW!!) from elsewhere and luckily have managed to borrow some cash until my bank card arrives, which they think will be after Xmas.

It's forcing me to be more careful with money as I've borrowed what I need and nothing more, which isn't such a bad thing at this time of year as everything looks so tempting.

>:D<<'> Thanks for putting up with my moaning, I needed that

Edited by lil_me

Lil-me, your not a stranger, well no stranger than me anyway. :lol:

Glad you got it sorted out, I think it's even more important to our kids to get what they really want as mostly they don't want much. Well I say not much, they want a lot of things but only a few we know they will actually play with if you know what I mean.

Viper.

I know exactly what you mean Viper, I hope whoever was not honest enough to hand the bag in enjoys it as much as my son would have. It still makes me angry now that people are so dishonest. It is the ONLY thing he's asked for this year, apart from a trip to the sealife centre (for his birthday) where he wants to buy a new book so I can't really deny him the one thing he wants.

:blink: Wonder where (apart from the bath) we can use a remote control submarine

I have a huge fish tank in my living room that would be fun or maybe a pond, but don't forget where it went down or you may never see it again. :whistle:

Viper.

Edited by Viper

:lol: Thats what worries me, he's on about taking it to a lake not too far from us where he's seen people take pretty high powered remote control boats, but I have also seen them have to swim in the yukky green lake :sick: to find them when they have stalled/broken down, or go in with waders, erm no thanks Edited by lil_me

lilme,can you not use utility bills for ID-to get cash out,over the counter [without bank card] ?

When I recently lost my rubbishy visa-electron,I went to the bank with my mum,and they wouldn't accept my only ID (a GMPTE free bus pass-photo ID) so they asked my mum if she had any ID,she didn't,but they said they'd accept utility bills-which they did(that was with Halifax and they are usually a lot more stricter with rules than TSB)

Is there a passport that could be used? or driving licence?

Tux I literally didn't have any other ID, even the utility bills are in my partners name. I must get my driving licenece sorted.

But on a much better note, they sent the card out urgent and it has arrived this morning.

Thats me in the post above, not Dodobird, she's my DD, sorry. If you use fast reply you cant edit the post, thats inconvenient.

Viper.

That's ok viper, will remember that one

It is a huge relief, considering just had to stock up on calpol as my youngests come down with a bad cold and what appears to be an ear infection :(