Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lya of the Nox

when

Guest flutter

about this life??

am i just having a bad time just now cos of xmas and the bashing i got

or is this it,

or am i still coming to terms with all of it am i expecting too much of myself to be ok 4 months after diagnosis?

sorry feelin sorry for self

C x

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> ther you go. Hope you feel better. Dont know wot to saye realy but give it time. Things do pick up

Flutter >:D<<'>

I find it's up and down all the time. I spend a lot of time happy now but I do go down at times. When Ben is in a bad cycle of meltdowns it brings me down, makes you realise how bad things can be. But I do think it gets better. Saying that I haven't had a dx for Ben yet.

Viper.

Flutter >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I liken our lives to a roller coaster ride but not as much fun!!!

Maybe you are expecting too much, 4 months isn't long. I hope your roller coaster ride starts having a few ups soon.

Nellie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I liken our lives to a roller coaster ride but not as much fun!!!

So true. When things are going well for a while and we get a little set-back, it seems to hit us harder too.

Hope the ups start coming very soon.

Annie

>:D<<'>

So true. When things are going well for a while and we get a little set-back, it seems to hit us harder too.

Hope the ups start coming very soon.

Annie

Well said.

Theresa

I can relate to where you are coming from flutter.I personally got a diagnosis of AS a few months back at age of 40.My 11yr old son is currently going through diagnosis.I can honestly say that I have mixed emotions about the whole thing.In one sense I am relieved about having discovered reasons as to certain aspects of my personality,and in another sense I feel sorry I "discovered" AS and sought a diagnosis for me and my son.Deep down I know that it was the right thing to do,but sometimes in the darker moments,I just wish that I had never even heard of AS.To say that it has totally taken over my life is an understatement.I know that it is my own fault because from the moment I first found out about AS,I endeavoured to find out as much about this thing as I could but now it is totally overwhelming.I know my wife and family have probably "suffered" this last few months,but it is like I am on a mission,and can't let up pace! I feel that from the day I got diagnosed,I seem to have "regressed" (I think that is the right word!) and my personality has changed ever so slightly.I have reverted back to the way I was when I was younger(if that makes sense).I seem more quieter and far more emotional than before after dredging up certain things from my past,which came to light during diagnosis.I seemed to have hidden things that happened in my past,away in the back of my mind and recently a lot of it has come flooding back.I know that this sounds pretty bad but I just hope that soon it will all just settle down and go back to the way it was before. :(:(

Hi,

Sending you some of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I definately get lots of ups and downs. Meltdowns always make me feel down.

Somedays i don't know if i'm feeling sorry for myself, or for Kai, or both.

Kai was diagnosed 8 months ago, and it's only just sinking in now.

Loulou x

Shintyboy

I can so relate to how you are feeling.My husband says that since I have realised i have in all likelehood got A.s. i have got worst.I don't feel i have but he says instead of fighting certain aspects of the way i am i go with it a bit now because I know it is A.S.

My realisation has explained so much of the past to me with my father and other things and it is like opening the floodgates.Sometimes I feel totally overwhelmed by it all and wish i never knew but I like yourself i realise its the best thing to do and it has given me so much peace of mind in explaining why my father was like he was with me(Isuspect he has A.s. too) but in other ways it weighs me down.

Have some of these. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It must be difficult trying to come to terms with something you may have suspected, but have only recently had confirmed. Please remember that the diagnosis does not change who you are, it just gives you a reason for the way you might think or behave on occassions :)

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Flutter,

I hope you are feeling a little better today. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Take your time in coming to terms with everything. We are all here for you hon. >:D<<'>