Sign in to follow this  
Paula

Aspergers?Autism and comedy its a winner

Without knowing it my son is the best funny man around and with no effort what so ever.So i thought id share one of his many jokes.Remember he doesnt realy get comedy or jokes but tries to tell them and pulls it of in a strange kinda way.

The following is said in a monotone voice,no smiles and with a deadpan face.

He says What do you get if you cross a car tyre with a human

I say I dont know what do you get if you cross a car tyre with a human

He says I havent a clue

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

He then carries on playing PS2.Made me laugh.He could be the next big thing and you heard it here first.

Anyone else got a unexpected comic amongst them who doesnt even realise it.

Edited by Paula

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My son isn't to good with the jokes, he tries but they dont make any sense, an example:

son: "knock, knock"

me: "whose there?"

son: "banana"

me: "banana who?"

son: "banana goes to the shop".

He then laughs hysterically and says "was that funny?" :wub:

Brook

My son is a great entertainer. :clap: His deliverance is pro too. He reads jokes from his beano and remembers them all, he doesn't get the jokes himself most of the time but he knows they are jokes so he says them and then laughs along cluelessly :P .. He also recreates (mimics) word for word dialogue from tv, story tapes, etc with an annimated flourish, not to mention he dances like billy elliot :wub: He is at his most funny when he says things honestly and out loud in assembly's not trying to be funny as such. Like at easter they had a vicor in assembly and he asked the children if they knew what the cross was. My son, in all seriousness, said yes it's for hanging dead bodies on.. :lol: quite the comedian...

:lol::lol::lol:

Yep i think were on to something here with autism and comedy.Lets face it theres a lot of unfunny people on tv who people pay a lot of money to.

My son aslo asks after his jokes was that funny.We always say yea it was funny.

His knowck knock jokes are a speciality

Knock knock

whoes there

He then inserts his own name

Made his grandma and grandad laugh.

he doesn't get the jokes himself most of the time but he knows they are jokes so he says them and then laughs along cluelessly :P .. He also recreates (mimics) word for word dialogue from tv, story tapes, etc with an annimated flourish

My son does the exact same things :)

at easter they had a vicor in assembly and he asked the children if they knew what the cross was. My son, in all seriousness, said yes it's for hanging dead bodies on.. :lol: quite the comedian...

:lol::lol::lol: I love it!

My son has been telling the same joke for years and I apologise first because I wish to offend no-one,but it is quite funny. "Why shouldn't you wear Russian boxer shorts?" answer..."Chernobyl fallout !"

My son Keegan is also rather funny its not really jokes that he says its just his funny Keeganism's as we call them for example.

He fell and bumped his head once he had recovered from the fall he said to us "Pitty I bumped my head I have not lost vital information." (it must have been from a dvd he had watched) but at the time he had us in fits of laughter.

Its good to laugh I think its the best medicine in the world..

Bonnie (justadads wife)

Quite recently a handful of friends etc. have been telling me I'm an unknown comedian, and mostly I'm never sure what they're talking about, as it's mainly when I'm not even trying to be funny! I pride myself on a sense of humour, and my ability to laugh at myself (at me - not at my jokes...) is one of my few good qualities, but clearly I can also be very funny without realising I'm doing it... yet the things I find the most amusing pass unnoticed by a lot of people... Confusing.

... yet the things I find the most amusing pass unnoticed by a lot of people... Confusing.

Well I think your signature is VERY funny. Chuckled as soon as I read it. I think it shows a clear understanding of how you MAY be perceived, but shows that you can laugh at yourself / other's perception.

Witty & intelligent!

It's like living with Jack Dee living with our Martin.

He said something in the car this morning (can't remember what) and I couldn't pull out of the driveway for laughing meanwhile he's kicking the back of my seat saying:

"Why are you laughing, it's not funny, stop laughing, STOP LAUGHING" :angry::angry:

I just couldn't stop and it wasn't even that funny, it was just the way he said it :lol:

Bless him

my child is very funny not in the joke sort of way but the things he says and the expression he uses.

When my child went up to year 3 he had the most horrible teacher in the school. All the difficult children were put into her class.

one morning my son goes to school and asks his teacher, "why do you come to school with a miserable face every day"

the teacher replied "I come to school with a miserable face because you come to school in a mood"

my child said "I am not in a mood today so you can smile"

Well the teacher found this very funny and told me at parents evening. She also said my son is always making her laugh.

My son had a supply teacher in to take an english lesson. He sat with the rest of his class and his LSA to listen to the teacher. After the teacher explained the lesson he told the child to go and sit at there desks.

My child went back to his desk and said to the LSA at the top of his voice he had not understood one word of the instruction and why could the teacher not speak in English. (the teacher was from India and had an Indian accent)

Jen

:lol::lol:

Lewis's fave joke at the moment is,

"Why did the toilet go down the hill?"

Me: "Don't know why did the toilet go down the hill?"

"To get to the bottom!"

It's not too bad !! He watches your face to see if its funny then rools around the floor if you laugh!

It's when he's on the bus and some poor guy has bad zits, he'll say really loudly (Turning my head to look at him too!) "Look Mum, whats wrong with that mans face? Why has he got lots of spots?" it's sooo embarressing! :oops:

My two boys are very funny....

The eldest boy O has a brillant sense of humour...double puns and irony are a speciality with him....not bad for AS

The youngest is brillant funny....he is only four and been speaking for about a year....

T asked his dad for some sweets today Q said what is the magic word....his reply....abracadabra

Edited by mrs q

My son tries his best love him!!

His latest one is.....*drum roll please*

T 'Why did the chicken cross the road?'

Me 'I dunno, why did the chicken cross the road?'

T 'Because it wanted to!'.

:lol: Bless his lil cotton socks!

My son tries his best love him!!

His latest one is.....*drum roll please*

T 'Why did the chicken cross the road?'

Me 'I dunno, why did the chicken cross the road?'

T 'Because it wanted to!'.

:lol: Bless his lil cotton socks!

My Christian has also come out with that joke word for word

His latest chicken joke is

why did the chicken cross the road

because he got run over

Other examples are

knock knock who's there

dr dr who

dr germany

Knock knock who's there

big, big who

big brother

why did the cow go with the pig

because he wanted to go to the shop

all done with a dead pan face but with a mischievous glint in his eye we think his aspergers is his character and our house would not be full of as much laughter.

Edited by dixie

The Boy is mostly non verbal so we don't get spoken jokes.

He does do funny things tho.............

Last Friday, he picked up hubbies wine glass and put it to hubbies mouth for hubby to have a drink. When hubby had had a drink The Boy put the glass down, wiped his own mouth and made a loud burping sound and said "ahhhhh".

I've no idea where he's picked that up from but it did give us a laff.

He's also got a really comical pretend sneeze that he does if he hears us sneezing and his little cough to get attention - a real "ahem" said very posh - cracks me up every time.

:lol: My son suffers from flatulance hes always farting

He has a catchphrase when he breaks wind he always says AHHHHHHHHH Bisto.

Hes obviously got it from the tv ad and adapted it to fit the occasion.

he then wafts the offending smell over us and says enjoy.

maybe this is nothing to do with being As and everything to do with being Male . :lol::lol: