Sign in to follow this  
punky

diagnosed today

I am 30, mother of 3, I have an aspergers partner and one diagnosed son of 9, the other two unsure yet, I was diagnosed today as having aspergers, dyslexia, dispraxia, erlens syndrome and attention problems etc. I get dla for my son but does this mean that us adults with it can get it also. I would feel cheeky asking, what do you think.

Wow, that must have been a real rollercoaster of a day, Punky >:D<<'>

I don't know whether adult DLA is related to whether you work, for example...I'm sure someone will be along soon who will know.

Bid >:D<<'>

I am 30, mother of 3, I have an aspergers partner and one diagnosed son of 9, the other two unsure yet, I was diagnosed today as having aspergers, dyslexia, dispraxia, erlens syndrome and attention problems etc. I get dla for my son but does this mean that us adults with it can get it also. I would feel cheeky asking, what do you think.

it wouldnt be cheeky to ask,it would make life a bit easier in sure if your eligible for it,which i think you would be,you have alot to cope with,i hope you get the right support for you all >:D<<'>

PHEW!!

This always SOUNDS CRAZY, but if I say 'congratulations' I'm sure you'll know what i mean...

I guess an adult DX is much like one for your kids... even if you're sort of expecting it it kind of takes you by surprise...

Take your time...

L&P

BD >:D<<'>

gosh you all process information really fast, I dont, I think its a difficult one as my son gets DLA, but thats because of the care component for toilet things etc, and I can do those things... I will see what others say thanky

sorry I have no idea what dx means

Edited by punky