Clarkie

Yet again

And not in a good way.

Sorry I haven't been around for a while - for the last coupla weeks things in our lives have not been too bad - I would even go so far as to say they have been great!!!!!

on Wednesday I again pestered the LEA for our statement - they have sent an amended one since our meeting on Nov 22 after everyone agreed a 24hr curriculum - it went to the inclusion panel on 23rd Nov and was agreed - on Jan 11 I received another MAINSTREAM statement. I've been kicking off for a while with them - politely until now - but on Wednesday I was informed that the case was deferred from the funding panel and they say he has to go back into mainstream schooling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have contacted our councillor who has gone to the Director of Childrens Services and also the Lead Member of Young Peoples Service

So - all you worldly wise folks - please give me all the ammunitition you can.

C'mon guys - give me the ammo - I need all the help I can get.

Cheers - Clarkie

Edited by Clarkie

Flipping eck !!!! I am sorry I do not have any ammo for you but I am sure one of the capables will be along shortly with some - Nellie et al

All I can do is give you this

>:D<<'>

Have these people met with your son ?

What a shambles Clarkie,

I'm so sorry, this must be a nightmare for you. :tearful:

Funding should not be an issue, they now have a child at a residential school without a rubber stamp for funding. That's no fault of the child or the parents. They must have felt this was the provision to meet his needs.

I can only suggest you bring in the big guns. Councillors, MP's, NAS, IPSEA. You could even bring in the press but be prepared for everything that brings. I also suggest you start tribunal proceedings, you may never get there but you should start the ball rolling, IPSEA or the NAS will help you.

Start gathering all the written evidence available including the evidence that says mainstream does not meet his need.

Hang on there, by the sound of it you have an excellent case. Hopefully someone will be along soon with further advice.

Everything is crossed for you. :pray:

Nellie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Ye gods, Clarkie, I thought nothing could surprise me now about this corrupt education system of ours - but after reading this I am absolutely speechless! :angry::angry:

You have so much evidence on your side and you are already so far along the road to this placement I cannot believe you won't get there. By the sound of it you've already got the big guns working for you and I agree with Nellie, you may as well stick in an appeal as well: it's a slow process - but let them know you mean business.

R has come such a long way in a short time and I really hope this weekend goes well for him :pray::pray:.

Don't give up hope, and stay strong. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'll pm you later

K xx

clarkie,so pleased that r is doing so well,ive no advice really sorry as the LEA are beyond normal and i dont know how to deal with them,only when MP got involved did they get steve in the school he needed,whatever happens it sounds as though you have got all the relevant people involved,look after yourself love hev

I think but im not sure that you can ask for copies of the panel meetings under the Data Protection Act. Call Ipsea or NAS line to check. We intend doing it in our case. If the panel agreeed that was what he needed then that should help. Good luck.

Hi clarkie,

god what a ###### mess! Take a combination of Nellie's advice and Madme's and go for them. They cannot be allowed to do this. Time as Nellie said to get the big guns firing for you. The higher they are up the chain the more weight they will carry. Start with Tony B and the Secretary of State and work down and out. Make a fuss.

Hi Clarkie,

I really :pray: that the letter from your MP makes your LEA sit up and start doing what they should be doing. It sounds by the tone of the letter that the MP is getting fed up with them too.

We are over a month with no MAJOR meltdown or selfharm.

Fantastic news :thumbs:

Good luck for tomorrow.

Annie

>:D<<'>

Thanks as always peeps for the support. Well, the rocket is well and truly up the LEA's ar*e so let's see what the fallout is!!!!! Not a pleasant thought but one I hope to enjoy seeing. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Clarkie

That's a brilliant letter - it should concentrate their minds. :thumbs: Lets see what tomorrow's panel brings as well..

In the meantime you must be so proud of R - it's great to hear that the extended visit to the school went OK - what an achievement! :clap::clap:

And well done you - keep fighting!

:ninja::)

K x

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and I really do hope your LEA sees sense and this gets sorted without any further delays. You have done brilliantly keeping up the fight but you should never have been put in that position. I hope tomorrow brings resolution.

As Kathryn says you must be so proud of R and how much he has achieved, well done R.

Damn, that's stupid. If it ain't broke, why fix it? No-one likes school and they should consider the fact that yes, you're right, it's completely screw up this kid's life.

To be honest I'm partially posting here because I'd like to work in a pet shop myself and want to draw my mum's attention to this >< Is that manipulative of me?

Guest hallyscomet

:pray::pray: for you Clarkie, MP sounds hopeful, all the best :thumbs: you have worked so hard to get here :pray: for you

Regards

Hailey >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Clarkie, only just caught up with this, what a blooming mess (very polite wording from what I actually thought) you and I have the same MP and I have been in communications with him over T's probs as well, he is very good, and doesn't take any sh*t from DCC, although I have found from personal experience and recent communications between our MP and DCC the DOE is not always as informed as he could be, and I know that there is a momentum at the moment in the council to reduce the number of out of county placements due to ... yep you guessed it funding constraints ... but it has been acknowledged that there is little in the way of alternative 24hr curriculum provision within DC (unless you consider EBD residential schools). Definitely get the big guns out, I would be tempted to email John Wright at IPSEA direct with the details of your case, I think I have his addy somewhere I'll pm you if I find it. Also contact the Express & Echo its amazing what press coverage can do, the contact is Angelina Lambourne, and her addy is on the website.

You have done so much, and R has come so far, if you can keep up the momentum and maintain the strength to face the battles ahead. We are here behind you and will help in whatever way we can.

HHxx

Edited by Hectorshouse

Clarkie,

If I can find the relevant bit in my COP I'll let you know - unless someone else puts their finger on it in the meantime.

I think you're being very restrained in the circumstances They are playing around with R's life here. I had to try and hide all the uncertainty from L when we were being messed around last year - it isn't easy to keep things calm whilst you're in the middle of a fight.

In your email, spell out the possible effect this delay and uncertainty will have on your son and say that you will hold them responsible for any adverse effect on his mental health.

Keep going, you're doing great >:D<<'>

K x

Thanks guys - have remembered it was a peice on Wearmouth. Will PM the person who posted and see if they have any more info.

Have taken some quotes about the transportation bit though. So far, since last Wednesday they have not responded to my questions on transport and how that will be funded. There was a very useful paragraph in the CoP that I will keep up my sleeve for a coupla days.

Thanking you

Clarkie