Sign in to follow this  
hev

scared of operation

i have been on waiting list for cornea transplants,was due to have it last year but the day before i was due to go in they cancelled as the transplant wasent available,the trouble is im petrified,ive put it off twice before,my vision is awful about30 %,people have these ops all the time and they dont die but i think i will,i cant order in a restaurant as its too obvious my eyesight is bad,cant read much,well i can strain but i dont read in front of people,i do not know how to overcome this fear,i want to,i think whats made it come to a head is i wanted to buy k a buggy from a catalogue shop yesterday but i couldnt as no one was with me and i couldnt see the catalogue number,i dont know what to do,i cant go on like this but im scared,i havent told anyone else this,its so nice to write down my worries

Guest flutter

you need this to have a better life hun

as scary as it is you have to think of it that way

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

i have had lots of surgeries too, and do really know where you coming from,

a giggle for you, last surgery there is was all gowned up, waiting to go down thought B**** this i wnat to run, and then realsieed the image of mee in my goonie with my dead sexy stockings ( for thrombosis) would scare the living s&^% outa the whole of canterbury :wacko::wacko:

thinkin of you

loves

C xxx

You need to talk to someone about your fears perhaps your GP or the consultant involved. I think most people feel nervous about having any sort of op and it's natural to worry about lots of things - its just getting someone to go over the things that worry you most. You can be brave and get through this.

Thinking of you,

ah poor you, Hev.

I know its hard having to do something as difficult as having an operation (a scary one too) but think of the benefits that the operation will have on your life... Could you not go and visit your doctor and explain these concerns and maybe they could put your mind at ease.....

best of luck!!!

justamom

Hev why do you need the Cornea transplant? David may well need one because he has a condition called keratoconus. We had an appointment at the hospital this week and I was shocked at how bad his vision is. He can not even read the top line of the chart with his glasses on. They fitted him with a contact lens but I do not think he is going to be able to cope with them. His eyes are so bad that he to will probably end up having to have the same op as you.

This is not consolation to you I know. Will they do one eye at a time? David is terrified I know that and I can fully understand why you are to

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Carole

Whilst the op is relatively minor the fear of any procedure is real. (Me, I faint with injections! so I am VERY sympathetic)

Hypnotherapy can be of great assistance to enable you to relax about the op.

Wish you well, the op can change your life

best wishes

Ian

>:D<<'> Hev >:D<<'>

Hypnotherapy is a great idea. There's nothing to lose by trying it.

A friend of our's had cataracts in both eyes, he's only in his 30's. He had them done last year and is amazed at the difference it has made to his life.

Annie

>:D<<'>

hello carole,yes i also have what david has kera something,i can never pronounce it!they will do one eye at a time,i too have tried contact lenses,just couldnt get on with them,what worried me most was when they said after the op i would have to have stitches taken out,it really freaked me the thought of it!

Hi Hev,

I think you should ask to speak to the Consultant first, just to put your mind at rest. Also, you will probably have a pre-assessment appointment, so you can ask all your questions then. My Mum works in Opthalmology, so if you want any info i could ask her.

Loulou x

Hev , I don,t blame you for being nervous >:D<<'> , I would be too, but this operation will have HUGE benefits, talk to the consultant , be brave and do it >:D<<'> , >:D<<'> love suzex

I was going to say the benefits would be so good for you and think of it that way and try and be brave etc, Then I realised it is like when my son is frightened and doesn't want to go somewhere, no matter how hard anyone tries to make him do it or tell him how good it will be, he cannot be swayed. I suppose it starts with a step, I'm a real coward with these kind of things but you have already taken steps towards this so you must have realised that it was starting to make you miserable. I agree that it would be good to talk through the procedure with your doc and air your concerns. My Uncle had cataracts removed last year and he was so frightened that he asked to have a general ansthetic even though it is a procedure that is usually done with a local anasthetic, If you asked him now he would say it is one of the best things that he has ever had done.

I really hope your doc can settle your worries a bit. You CAN do this.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>