Hectorshouse

Can You Read This?

I was sent this by a friend after a discussion about it in the pub where I work, I would be interested if other people can read this ... also I am going to see if T can read some or part of it, throws up some interesting questions into how we read ...

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

if you can raed tihs psas it on !!

HHxx

Wow that was easy it was only when i reely looked that i noticd thay wher so muddeld :lol:

I've seen this before - and yes it does work, plbabory why cretupmos get so cesufnod wehn tehy slepl cechk!

However as you can see I've actually written the letters in between backwards and I reckon that's a lot harder, especially big words :blink:

Daisy

My seven yr old ASD son just read this, the only word that he read wrong was 'slpeling' (spelling) he said

'sleeping'.

It's amazing isn't it how you read just by scanning familiar words.

Brook :blink::)

Yes this is interesting, but reading is more than just seeing the word as a whole - the mind also uses grammatical and contextual clues to work out the meaning of the sentences.

For example you see "I was..." and your knowledge of word order and grammar tells you the next word has to be an ..ing verb - "reading". You read "Cambridge" and you predict the next word will be "University" without even looking at it. However if you took these words as they are written here and jumbled them up, the randomness would make them much more difficult to decipher individually.

Reading involves so many different skills - it's amazing that anyone learns to do it when you start to think about what's actually going on in the brain. Fascinating stuff!

I am still reeling from dx of my son and it took me awhile to notice that there was anything very odd about the words anyway!! :wacko:

Read it all

easy sqeezy cheesy peasy!

redberry