BusyLizzie100

a mother's instinct

I'm starting to have serious concerns about supposedly NT son number three. His brothers have AS (with elements of ADHD) and ASD, and so far he seems to have escaped any serious ASD suspicions, but I'm getting more and more worried about the poss of ADHD.

How young does ADHD become apparent? He's three and a half, so still young, and I may well be obsessing, but really believe I'm just super tuned into stuff now because of the other three, and my mother's radar is picking up stuff! At times he just seems manic. We call him 'Cannonball'.

Can this really be happening???

Hi,

I ditto the above too. Maybe you could speak to the team who your other sons see?

Also there is a good book (you may already have it) called "Understanding ADHD" by Dr Christopher Green. It has a very good chapter about ADHD in the under 5s.

All the best.

Loulou xx

Hi Lizzie >:D<<'>

I agree with all, even very young it is possible to DX it is as well very important for ADHD because the constant negative input children may get because of their behaviour may lead them with other problems including ODD, it is happenig to the son of one of my (ex) friend but she did not want to listen so she cut of from me all together :tearful: strange old world.......

Try to get a referal early intervention is the most effective. :)

All the best.

Malika.

Hi

I don't disagree with the things that have been said here - but there was a time when I was worried about by 2nd son (no 1 is AS), and I really did wonder whether my experiences had damaged my ability to detect normal, and of course I'm not objective. We had No 1's phsychiatrist (who we really trust) spend some time with No 2, and he reassured us - I could stop thinking about it after that.

Elanor

my nephew is 3 and the paed said he has asd but can't do anything untill 5 , i was the one who told my sister to take him because he seemed a bit like my son who has asd ,adhd so go with your instinct and ask for refer for piece of mind , i do know how u feel though started to get paranoid over baby ,iam just going to wait till he's a little bit bigger

Hi, >:D<<'>

I think that ADHD is somehow different even if there is some possible overlap with ASD the fact to see a professional allow us to be reassure or to start to see things from a different point of view, which does not mean over reacting B) I would say 3/4 years old is an age when it is possible to detect some sign of ADHD, as well it could get better like with my daughter who was hyperactive because of adverse reaction to all sort of food for example I could really see that if she had mushrooms she would become like a tornedo and unstopable for few hours. :wacko:

Take care all.

Malika.