oracle

Doing Our Bit

Today at 10am Autism-in-Mind (AIM) will open a new arm of it's support group in Washington Tyne and Wear. Debbie Waugh who is Mum to a four year old daughter with AS offered to run a group for AIM in Washington. We decided to open this week to coincide with the 100th Birrthday of Hans Asperger and our local rag ran a small piece tonight but have promised a pic and a bigger story tomorrow.

We have more parents who have children with AS in Washington - which is still Sunderland - than anywhere else. It's a real hot spot but we don't now why :unsure: Washington is as near to Newcastle as it is to Sunderland and many parents can not physically make the journey to attend our mettings. Debbie has secured the funding to enable the group to function for the next twelve months :clap:

I may well be tierd in the morning as Matthew is still wide awake at the moment, but I am very happy because we now have parents who want to be involved and that can only be good news for all of us.

Carole

Edited by carole

It went really well :dance: Twelve parents attended which is not bad considering that it is freezing cold here today. There were new parents, which again is good and the Echo came to take the pics as promised and have said they will do quite a big feature later this week.

Debbie was really pleased with the turn out and I was pleased for her because she has put a great deal of work into the opening of this group.

Course came home to my Mum who had taken ill during the night with this awful gastric flu so I'm off down there now to see what I can do for her.

Carole

I am so pleased that it went well for you Carole all the hard work has paid off..

I hope you will send the newspaper article for us to read!!! GOOD JOB !!!

Hope your mum is ok sending big hugs >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

justamom

>:D<<'> sounds great - wish we had a group like that >:D<<'>

Well done hinny!

Ahh redberry that has made me smile seeing that. I can hear my Grandad saying that to my sister...god, oh so many years ago! You wouldn't know it to hear her but my mum was from around that way and I still love the geordie accent to this day. It brings back so many memories. Aye...Haway the lasses!

Carole. Well done's all round to you and your friend Debbie. May your group, sorry, groups(!) go from strength to strength.

Edited by phasmid

Ahh redberry that has made me smile seeing that. I can hear my Grandad saying that to my sister...god, oh so many years ago! You wouldn't know it to hear her but my mum was from around that way and I still love the geordie accent to this day. It brings back so many memories. Aye...Haway the lasses!

Carole. Well done's all round to you and your friend Debbie. May your group, sorry, groups(!) go from strength to strength.

:shame:

Phasmid...Its not a Geordie accent!

Im from Sunderland! Tsk :P

eeh if ah didn't na eny betta Id be reet put oot!

redberry :party:

so pleased the first meeting went well,12 is a good attendance,can we see the bit in the paper when it comes out via a link,not sure if that poss,im not that hot on computers!

Phasmid...Its not a Geordie accent!

Im from Sunderland! Tsk

eeh if ah didn't na eny betta Id be reet put oot!

redberry

Well I am! :o Haway man, them Makem's soond nowt lyek us Geordies.

A GEORDIE - I'll have yer knaa - is someone who is born within 3 miles of the lovely coaly Tyne, lyek me and me marras in The Toon :D

A Makem, lyek Redberry and Carole ... why noo, they's from The Wear y'see, home of Lord Lambton an' that.. and the famous wyrm ... yer knaa. They're aalways Makin and Taakin things them Makems is.

Noo us Geordies on the other hand ... eeehhh weel nuff said ... it's enough to say we have were diffrences reet enough....an a best leave it there before World War Three breaks oot ower Washington!

Edited by DaisyProudfoot

Well I am! :o Haway man, them Makem's soond nowt lyek us Geordies.

A GEORDIE - I'll have yer knaa - is someone who is born within 3 miles of the lovely coaly Tyne, lyek me and me marras in The Toon :D

A Makem, lyek Redberry and Carole ... why noo, they's from The Wear y'see, home of Lord Lambton an' that.. and the famous wyrm ... yer knaa. They're aalways Makin and Taakin things them Makems is.

Noo us Geordies on the other hand ... eeehhh weel nuff said ... it's enough to say we have were diffrences reet enough....an a best leave it there before World War Three breaks oot ower Washington!

At least we're not from ..Hartlepool :P

fnar fnar

redberry

At least we're not from ..Hartlepool :P

Now that is way below the belt from a decent Sunderland lass. Do you know that most of the cast in Byker Grove come from Sunderland? And do you know why? Because the peepole from Newcastle can't talk proper and no one can understand them when they are on the telly like :lol:

Carole

PS Me Nana was born and bread in the Toon :o Don't tell me eldest that though.

Now that is way below the belt from a decent Sunderland lass. Do you know that most of the cast in Byker Grove come from Sunderland? And do you know why? Because the peepole from Newcastle can't talk proper and no one can understand them when they are on the telly like :lol:

Carole

PS Me Nana was born and bread in the Toon :o Don't tell me eldest that though.

Ahm sayin nowt pet! :P

EEh ahm away up North fer easter like. It'll be reet canny.

redberry :P (bonny lass)

Guest hallyscomet
JUSTAMOM:I am so pleased that it went well for you Carole all the hard work has paid off..

I hope you will send the newspaper article for us to read!!! GOOD JOB !!!

Hope your mum is ok sending big hugs

Hi Carole, Justamum, took the words right out of my mouth..... :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks & all the best

Hailey

x

Aye oop, nowt as queer as folk thee knows!

Looks like a started a reet ol' ding dong 'ere lass. T'accent might be fine, but you canna beet gods own county!

Long live Yorkshire.

I wish i had a microphone to hear you all taking in those accents they are great!!! I love the accents from up north mind you I love all the english accents (not from round here can you tell)!!

hey you makkem lot.... there's nowt wrong with the toon :o

Us geordies are the nucleus of the north, all the rest are just diluted versions :P

I'm just going to run away now and hide :lol:

hey you makkem lot.... there's nowt wrong with the toon :o

Us geordies are the nucleus of the north, all the rest are just diluted versions :P

I'm just going to run away now and hide :lol:

Lauren, pet lamb..

yer can run but yer canit hide, nucleus of the North ah divnt think so! Soft as clarts an twice as claggy!

Bonny lass, marra, had on!

redberry :D

OOps Carole..forgot to say..just waffling on in regional accents!

All the best for AIM, I hope you grow from strength to strength >:D<<'> :D

These support groups can literally be life savers.

redberry