Sign in to follow this  
tmf

going out.......

Hi

I am having a real low time at the mo and wondered if any1 else had ever experienced the same? I can't seem to face the outside world unless i really have to. The thought of it is making me ill. As for the telephone i hate speaking on it (you could never get me of before). Then out of the blue i get a phone call from my mum asking what is the matter as a friend of mine had contacted her as she was worried about me!

It was only until i was faced with the probem head on that i realised i may have a problem....but it's ok admitting it, but then you go round in a circle about having to go to the dr's! I really hate public places at the mo. This has all stemed slowly since ds dx. I have gone from an outgoing friendly person to a virtual recluse.

The more i want it to stop the more i seem to be :wallbash: . Anyway sorry for rambling on, i know it sounds like i am feeling sorry for myself, but with nobody knowing who i am :bat: i feel i can talk and let it out on here!

Anyway i am going now as i probably am not maing any sense!!

tmf

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

thought it was only me who was a hermit :P:P

i also feel like this alot also my sons behaviour has expanded on this-which makes you even more less likely to go to situations in case of meltdowns ect.....

i found it still has impact on me even if im on my own now-think cause its kinda conditioned me now.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

There are many people on this forum who know exactly what you mean.

It sounds from what you have said that you may be depressed. It is often said about depression that the person affectected isn't alway the first person to notice, which may be why your friend is concerned. It is not unusual to be depressed considering the major issues you have had to deal with.

It is perfectly understandable why you do not want to ring the doctor to arrange the appointment. When I was in a similar situation I didn't either. Perhaps you could share your concerns with your mother and ask her ring make the appointment on your behalf, and possibly come to the appointment with you.

In my case may partner made the arrangements for me, and once I had started to do something about it things improved. I hope they can do the same for you.

Fee free to PM me if it helps.

Simon

Hi, sorry you're feeling like this. I had a similar experience two years ago - I was finding it difficult to think about going out, particularly with my daughter, and especially when it came to meeting her from school - I'd feel physically sick before I set off and by the time `i reached school I'd feel as though I was going to collapse - I was having panic attacks I found out later. I went to the GP in the end because I realised I just wasn't pulling myself together and I felt totally isolated and scared and for quite a while, unable to share it with anyone. The thing is, as soon as you talk about it, you realise you really do have a problem and really need support. I'm not suggesting you are depressed (which is what I'd ended up - it sort of crept up on me while I wasn't looking!) but I wouldn't rule it out either. If I was you I'd go to the gp and start to get some help.

You say it's since you got the dx. It's a horrible time and there are so many conflicting emotions you go through, even if you were hoping to get the dx, it can still be hard to come to terms with.

It sounds as though you need some help to recharge your batteries. Don't ignore it, get some help. You will start to feel like you again in time, I promise. But you have to reach out and get the help first.

Be kind to yourself and let us know how you're doing.

Sue

xx

Hi tmf,

I really sympathise with how you are feeling. I've been feeling increasingly low since my son was DXd in December and I too thought it was just me. I'm not the most sociable of folk at the best of times but lately I just don't want to go anywhere or see anybody and feel so tired and lethargic all the time :(

The others are right of course - you do need to ask for help. It just seems so hard to reach out sometimes doesn't it?

Take care,

Nemesis.

Hi tmf

Depression is an awful thing to have and you are usually the last person to realise. I had clinical depression for three years until eventually I discovered what was wrong and that was well before my son was dx'd with AS ... I did have four kids aged under 5 though!

We all get low and sometimes we just don't have a reason because there isn't one particular thing setting it off ... suggest you go to your GP or a homeopathist to see what they recommend.

I'm thinking of heading down the homeopathy route myself with regards to depression because I can feel it starting to creep up on me again, but will have to see how it affects my Lupus first.

Take care of yourself, good to know people are looking out for you >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi, I know what you mean. Its very hard admitting to yourself youve got a problem, and hard going to the GPs. Ive felt similar recently, but I don't have a choice on going out, I have to go to work. I posted on here recently asking about meds.

I didn't go to the GP, I bottled out, but I did talk to my husband, cried alot and told him about it, and am now taking St. Johns Wort tablets (herbal anti-depressents from the chemist). They take about 2 weeks to kick in, but now I am feeling better and lighter. I also take Kalms.

If you can't bring yourself to go to the GP, perhaps give the herbal tabs a try?

No matter what, youve taken the first step and talked to us, which I think helps.

I think January/February time is a strange time of year, alot of people I talk to at home and work are all feeling very low, were all fed up of winter now and want some daylight.

Take care

Jo

Hi TMF >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I feel the same way and i'm on anti-depressants :huh: I only go out if i really have to and do most of my shopping online to cut down on that :D

I also feel there's hardly any good days and i feel like hibernating :(

If you dont want anti-depressants maybe your GP could refer you for councelling, talking over your problems usually helps or you can always comeon here and have agood moan, scream, whinge, cry etc.

Fellow Hermit >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare

Hi TMF

If your symptoms are affecting your life then you need help. Being a parent is one of the most complicated things we can do. Being a parent of a child with special needs is even more complex.

Seek help and get support, you are certainly not allow.

Regards

Jen

The last sentence is supposed to say you are certainly not alone

Jen

If you look in the bottom right of any posting you have made you will see an Edit button that lets you edit a posting you have made.

Thought I'd mention it as it took me about 6 months to find it.... :oops:

Edited by mossgrove

re

Hi

I am having a real low time at the mo and wondered if any1 else had ever experienced the same? I can't seem to face the outside world unless i really have to. The thought of it is making me ill. As for the telephone i hate speaking on it (you could never get me of before). Then out of the blue i get a phone call from my mum asking what is the matter as a friend of mine had contacted her as she was worried about me!

It was only until i was faced with the probem head on that i realised i may have a problem....but it's ok admitting it, but then you go round in a circle about having to go to the dr's! I really hate public places at the mo. This has all stemed slowly since ds dx. I have gone from an outgoing friendly person to a virtual recluse.

The more i want it to stop the more i seem to be :wallbash: . Anyway sorry for rambling on, i know it sounds like i am feeling sorry for myself, but with nobody knowing who i am :bat: i feel i can talk and let it out on here!

Anyway i am going now as i probably am not maing any sense!!

tmf

re;cant go out

I suffer the same problem 23 of my sons have diagnosed multicomplex disorders they were only dx in last 18months although they r 11,12,15since then i dnt go out only been out 2visit people 4 times in the last 170days iv also become phone phobic and i suffer panic attacks please get help i have had councilling and take medication dont b ashamed,many parents go through this after a child is dxd and dr said its a sort of mourning process due 2 childs dx and parent ,feeling they need 2b there 24/7 4the child as others dont understand there needs,also 2 put yourself in a situation where people may question your sons problems is beyond even thinking about ,when u feel as you do,if u cannot go 2 doctor ask a close friend 2 ring and explain 4u and request a home visit,have sum1 with u 4 support ,i do know what your going through and you have made the 1st step by asking 4 advice here at the group,you can be strong and do it 4u and your son life is isolated enough 4 children with asd,i know u can do it ,if i did than you can too,please try post me anytime or if you just need 2 talk takecare hayz x x

>:D<<'>

Thank you to everybody who has came on this thread and given me some words of wisdom......i certainly needed it! It was a huge relief to know i am not alone. It's amazing what a dx can do to you in the beginning, i thought i was coping and coping well.....until it came and hit me in the face like a bolt out of the blue!

I seem to have the understanding of my son sorting it out......i can seem to reason with him now. This in itself is a relief, especially to know what can make them trigger.

Thanks for the advice about St. johns wort, i will certainly give them ago, i don't want to go down the anti-depressant route (which is probably what's been putting me of going to the dr's). I am due to start some parent training courses very soon around the background to ASD, communication and behaviour which i feel will be extremely beneficial, especially to my fiance! If i start taking them now, hopefully it will raise me enough to face going. :pray:

This place has been my best find yet, to talk to people who completely understand and can sympathise with the emotional rollercoaster of emotions. To have E-friends that are there 24-7 is the best therapy of all, so thank you all so very much. :wub:

So for now i will start with the st johns wort and be strong and make that appointment for dr's. A big >:D<<'> to everyone that has helped.

love

tmf