lil_me

Son's review today

At 1.15pm, never had one yet so I am feeling quite worried, and actually physically sick at the thought of sitting in the room with a bunch of proffesionals. I still haven't got in touch with Parent Partnersip and no idea if they'll be there, and my partner has decided he's not going :rolleyes: which I won't go into or I'll probably start swearing.

Fingers crossed it goes ok.

lilme >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Hope all goes well. I'm someone who also feels really sick before these meetings. My DH never goes either. I do have to have someone that will take notes for me though. I find it really hard to concentrate on whats being said and writing things down. :thumbs:

Thankfully got in touch with Parent Partnership, they are meeting me there, she'd lost my phone number.

>:D<<'> thanks LKS, pleased I'm not the only one who gets that icky feeling when these things are on, I don't think I got more than an hours sleep out of worry.

Hi lil-me,

hope it goes okay for you today. :pray:

I too get nervy and a sicky feeling before going into a meeting, but once there

and I open my mouth I cant seem to stop. :lol:

I also think being on the forum actually helps too, if you get asked a certain question

you can often think back to something on here. :D

Deep breaths, stay calm, you'll be just fine. ;)

Brook

Hi Lil_me,

Good luck for today >:D<<'> .

Try and imagine us lot from the Awkward Squad sitting behind you for support :devil: .

Annie

xx

Thanks everyone the support means a lot, Annie that sounds like a good idea, lets see if I can be an active member of the Awkward Squad today. I've listed several things I need to ask them about, took reading through the forum to remind me as my mind went blank.

I've just pulled myself together, started reading through some ideas etc on here and broke down in tears, my partner who was on his way out glanced in the room and even though I was trying to hide my upset and stress levels, he came in and listened to why I was upset (unusual for him) and now he's said he will try to get back on time. Maybe it is my fault for bottling this up and trying to take all the weight on my small shoulders.

I think its that I know it is going to b a fight to get a statement for him and they have already declined us once I feel like I have failed him and don't want to fail him again.

ASD team report has arrived just on time (this morning) and every recommendation mentioned almost says he needs more support or to do xxxx 1-1 which might help things go the way I want them to. ASD team have confirmed they will be there today.

CAHMs lady who is lovely and an advocate for my son has just called to say she'll be there which is a relief.

Sorry this has turned into a bit of a moan, but I feel so overloaded.

Edited by lil_me

Thanks everyone, my partners on his way back now to come with me, maybe I should have showed how much it was getting to me before

Going soon so will update when we get back, or when I've had 1/2 an hour in a quiet dark room if I need it

Lil Me >:D<<'>

I would let your partner know how things are affecting you.

Men and Women are different (yes, I know we know that) but women will think about another person and ask questions about how they are feeling & try to put themselves in their shoes, even if the other person appears strong.

A man will look and think "she's coping, she's fine, she'll ask for help if she needs it", not because they are harsh or horrible, just because that's how men think.

This is just my experience anyway - hubby seems to be horrible sometimes but when I comment on it he'll say "but why didn't you say you wanted help / me to go with you / me to do it, you only had to ask". He's right too, if I ask he does it straight away. It's just that, being a woman, I think "I shouldn't have to ask, he should know & see I am struggling".

Men are from Mars.............Women just eat Mars's to help with the stress of coping with the man in their life.

Best of luck for today mate, hope it goes well, fill us in later.

Meeting went pretty well. Was 9 turned up, 4 apologies and some people weren't invited who deal with my son. I think I forget how many people are involved in his care.

Everyone (apart from EP as she had to leave early) agreed we should try for a statement for my son, the Head looked s nervous, his first ever review meeting and he was bombarded with proffesionals, when he was filling the forms in for LEA you could see the confusion on his face when they asked him to write something as he had no idea what they mean't or how to spell it. I think the LEA might pick it up and say 'Well it looks good but we have no idea what it means'. I think the HT now knows what it feels like when proffesionals use their terms in a meeting and you have no idea what they are talking about. :lol:

They have made several suggestions and made appointments with LSA to discuss which are the most urgent out of recommendations made and get them into place ASAP.

They have stated they wish to change his banding from D to E which means statement usually, and we also found out today within 12 months D band won't exist financially so school will not get any extra financial support.

HT was caught out telling a lie, he stated as they were loosing the D band in the area the school was set to loose ?10000. Parent Partnership lady then said 'But there is a guarantee to say you won't loose more than ?5000'. Then he said well yes but we'll loose the ?5000. LIAR :lol: Caught out.

Edited by lil_me

Just fingers crossed that they'll statement him now, all the proffesionals there said they will rewrite reports supporting the statement application which is great :D And PP lady said if they decline it, appeal and she will help.

Sounds positive :thumbs: just keep your eye on them cos we all know what little blighters these professionals can be :lol: Don't give em an inch.

Carole

Edited by carole

I think we've been lucky so far, extremely supportive ASD team who's recommendations she stated can't be met by the school currently due to lack of support, CAHMs Psychiatrist (in fact she's been an absolute diamond and advocate for my son, proved it when she kept butting in today and correcting people)and CP especially, and the new SALT who is ASD specific (although it has took a long time to see her) has been great. The only one I doubt is the new EP, just don't think I like her, definately don't trust her and she has already written 2 incorrect reports, but I suppose they are the LEA gate keepers. :lol: She has no idea about the application for statement yet as she left early, but I doubt she can object when everyone else (who see my son more than once a year) agreed to my son needing a statement.

lilme... that sounds like a good result. But like others have said, don't take anything at face value. Keep on at them, and send them a letter with your own minutes of the meeting to put in writing all the important things that were said.

Well done :thumbs:

Lauren

Hopefully it will be good news for you this time lil-me >:D<<'>

where have you been hiding I've been trying to ring you lots of times, lost your mobile number :rolleyes:

Head is ringing LEA on Monday to see if we can resubmit all this evidence or if we'll need to apply for statment aswell. :huh: Confused, but we're getting there.

Edited by lil_me

I was very down for a while but getting myself sorted now,passed my theory test last week.And two weeks ago went to my brothers passing out parade.