Sign in to follow this  
DaisyProudfoot

Asperger Syndrome, the Universe and Everything

Kenneth is a 10-year-old boy who has AS, he is also exceptionally gifted and a member of MENSA.

He wrote this book which my 13 year old son is now reading .... he says it's excellent and helps him understand AS a lot more.

Just incase anyone's looking for a book for siblings.

I have been looking for books on AS for my dd and that sounds perfect thanks alot i will try and get it for her to read and hopefully she will be able to understand K more.

thanks

justamom

I've read it (as a mum) and it was brilliant. Too old for my kids though, but i did read some bits out loud to my AS son when he'd just been diagnosed at 6.

Excellent book - his mum's book 200 (i think) tips and strategies for parenting a child with AS (i may have that title all wrong) was also fab. Recommend them both - the mum's book had lots of interesting stuff in little chunks, and some really nice strategies, including ABA, if anyone's interested.

This was the first book my daughter read after her diagnosis (12yrs) - and she couldn't believe that someone could be so like her.

It wasn't a heavy reading kind of book - it even made me laugh at certain bits - and helped me understand how she feels sometimes.

Jb

Hi,

I thought the Kenneth Hall book was great. Another fantastic book is by Luke Jackon, 'Freaks, geeks and Aspergers'. I love his line, "different is cool!".

Cheers,

Eva

I got this the other day. We started to read it tonight. I read it to Dan & he really identified himself, looks like 1 Dan will like & will help him realise he is not alone. I did try to read him some of the freaks geeks one, but he wasn't in the mood. Maybe we will go back to that 1 once this is finished. I have bought quite few books now from recomendations on here, its helping alot. I am also reading the book by his Mum to.