Sign in to follow this  
rainbow queen

my 4 year old made my heart stop just now

:crying: my heart nearly stopped.

i took him to town in car with my 3 year old just to go to waterstones to get book with book token voucher

he likes to have a run round the shop

then i couldnt get him out of shop -sat down and refused to leave

we was walking back to car on pavement

and he suddenly bolted other way and ran onto car park

he started running round and all i could see was top of his head -other moving cars would not of seen him

i screamed my head off

i had to jump over a wall grab my 3 year old and sprint across car park screaming stop

stay there

but he didnt get it

then this man near him told him to stay still

and i grabbed him

it was terrible he has no road sense at all

then he had a melt down with me for grabbing his arm trying to get him back to car :(:(:(

im very shook up by it all.i will also be writing this down to tell to camhs when i go soon along with the other list of things..........just one simple thing goes horribly wrong

as a rule i stopped taking him town years ago for shopping but thought he could handle just going to get one thing but im not doing it again. :unsure:

It's so frightening when they do things like that - it's like once they go to do something they see no obstacle or thought about any danger of their surroundings.

Hope you're feeling calmer now.

CRIPES! Poor you - You must have been beside yourself! :o

Hope you're feeling a bit calmer now >:D<<'>

I put my son's lack of road sense down when I applied for his DLA - they just can't be trusted.

I'm so glad you were able to get to him before something bad happened... Its amazing when the adrealin kicks in how fast you can run,, its enough to give you a heart attack..

My son is 12 and he has no road sense he just walks without looking or when a car is reversing in our close he stands in the way and does not move, he has not road sense and he cannot see the "Bigger picture" like the car will hit you if you don't move...

Hope all ok now

justamom

my 8 years old was having problems with his senses last week and walked into the path of a car twice in one week.

Its a nightmare.

Jen

i was getting off bus with NT DD aged 2 and she ran straight into oncoming traffic,the driver swerved and tooted very loudly at me,dont blame him he was shaken up,my legs went to jelly,i was screaming,it was horrendous,i will never know how she wasent run over,took me weeks to get over it

My son does this too. When I pick him up from nursery if I don't let him blast off out the door and down the path then there is hell to pay. He won't walk any further, lets himself go limp so you can't carry him and shouts and screams. If you try to hold his hand/jacket so he can't run then he is much much worse. At the end of the path it goes straight onto a busy road. I've had my heart in mouth many a time but he seems to have no sense of danger.