Sign in to follow this  
board

water

hello was wondering if any one know this if you got 3 children under 19 liveing with you you cant get money off your water i think they got to be in school or collage i am not sure if you got to be on benefits or not but if you got 3 children at home you need to phone your water company and find out hope this helps let me know how you get on all the best jill

sorry ment to say can get money off sorry bad day jill

i was told over the phone that you can have it as long as you got 3 children and i have not got a meter and i can have it jill

We get a reduced bill because of having a child who is registered disabled (we're on a water meter).

This is a big help, because when he's at home he can take up tp 3 baths a day... :o

Bid :)

I've never heard of this either, nor water meters.

I pay water and sewerage in with my council tax! Do you think i should enquire or is this in England only?

i have heard about this from the Crohns and Colitis Society - (tolilet flushing)

Bid - you mentioned that they have given you a reduction in the bill because of a disabled child who baths about 3times aday. I don't mean to pry I was just asking because my son also baths up too 3 times a day and when his bones are particularly sore he can bath up too 4/5times a day.

Is it only metered water bills that are reduced???

justamom

Please can someone clarify: if you either got 3 kids under 19 who are at college/school OR a disabled child you can get a reduction in your water bill, with or without a meter? I assume for disabled child one needs to get DLA? And how does one go about getting this reduction?

If so, could I get both reductions please LOL

hiya ive just emailed my water board asking about both mothers in need so soon as they answer il let you know.

Hi :)

We're with Three Valleys Water (in E. Herts).

We are registered with their 'Care 4 charging scheme', which caps your water bill...if we have used less at the end of the year the difference is refunded.

We have to reapply each year.

I'm sure if you ask for your area's equivalent they will know what you mean.

Bid :bat:

Maybe, like the fuel companies, different suppliers have different rules.

In our area, new properties have to have their water metered (so they pay for what they use). The rest, at the moment just get a standard bill. We have a meter fitted, cos they were going to put everyone on meters at one time, but everyone complained, so it is not actually read at the moment.

Karen

hello i had my water bill and it was high so i phoned the water companyto ask about it she said it is high she asked how many people liveing in the house i said 6 so she said a water meter would be no good then she said that if i got 3 children i claim chlid benfit for i can get money off my bill so she will send me the paper work sight away becouse i sart paying the end of april so it dose not look like you have to have a meter i have all so heard that you can get discount on gas and el for some illness just phone your gas or el and ask they will send you a from to fill in you got nothing to lose i only pay 14 99 for my tv phone broand band just for asking all the best jill

We have 2 children and are on a water meter. We have just received the reduced price (social tariff). To get this we had complete a form showing we are on a low income and had to show details of why we have a high water usage. Our son has Ezcema, AS and continence problems so we qualified.