Flora

spooky nightmares

I'm looking for a bit of a rational response here. I'm not normally a superstitious person but this has put the colliewobbles up me a bit.

Back ground first. I've had a bit of trouble with my right eye since last year. The optician could see spots on the back of my eye so she referred me to an opthalmologist. He thought all was fine and nothing to worry about. I noticed though on the inside corner of my eyelid there is a funny sort of blue/black coloured lump, but I have just ignored it. But a couple of weeks ago one of my contact lenses broke up in my eye and I had to get Terry to help flush it out. He noticed this lump and said it looks nasty and I should go and see about it. I'm also starting to be able to feel it irritating the inside corner of my eye, you can't see it unless you turn my eyelid inside out so the eye doctor could easily have missed it. So I'm going to go my GP this week to see what he thinks.

The spooky part is this. Luke told me this morning that he'd had a nightmare about me. He was quite upset by it. He said that in his dream my eye suddenly went all bloodshot and then I died :( He woke up all upset. He knows nothing about my eye problems so it was a totally random long shot that this would feature in his dream

I've been worrying all day that his dream might have been a premonition. Can someone please reasure me that this is totally irrational? :pray:

Lauren

Lauren,

I can understand you feeling spooked, but I wouldn't get anxious about it. Dreams have all sorts of interpretations, even among those who do take them seriously, and where death does feature, it is usually symobolic of something else. If we took literally everything in our dreams it would wreak havoc with our lives - I know mine are certainly bizarre sometimes.

Luke's reference to your eye in particular is strange, perhaps there's a rational explanation - maybe he overheard you talking about it at some point? Does your eye look different - a bit more red than usual? The dream could have been influenced by some film he's seen or story he's heard?

I'm sure the fear will subside when you've had the eye checked out and treated.

There's a dose of rationality for you - but I'm not just saying it, I really do believe there's nothing significant in this. Please try not to worry. >:D<<'>

K x

I can understand you feeling a bit spooked , but I agree with Kathryn it is just a dream.Your obviously worried about your eye, I would go back to the dr/opthalmist this week and get it looked at.Suzex

Hi lauren,

Maybe Kathryn is right maybe he overheard you speaking about your eye when you were not aware that he was about... and subconsiously he is worried about you..

Please get it check out!!

justamom

>:D<<'> Get it checked out straight away.

Dont want to worry you but when i was pregnant with my son i had an awfull dream where i was looking at my new born baby and his nose was missing.It was realy odd and in the dream i was crying but i didnt know what was wrong.

I told my husband id had a nightmare and that i beleived our baby was going to be born with somehting wrong with them but i didnt know what but it was to do with there face.

My son was born with bi lateral choanal atresia.Coincidence ? Or premonition.Ill never know.

I am someone though who beleives in the supernatural,the after life and outside forces playing a part in our lives so my view point is biased.

Youre luke has probably overheard you talking.But maybe he hasnt can you relay afford to ignore what could be a very real warning.Get it checked out and fast.

Hi Lauren,

I don't think it's a premonition, it's too clear and factual. Premonitions tend to be more vague. Sounds more like an anxiety dream to me, he has probably overheard you.

Bring forward the GP's appointment - it'll ease your concerns.

>:D<<'>

I agree Lauren bring forward the appointment. David will often have very specific dreams. To this day he will not allow Matthew to get out of a car beside Blockbusters because he says he seen him get hit by a car there. It certainly worried me however that dream occured after Matthew had a near miss in our back street. I think maybe your son has heard you talking and this is probably the reason for the dream.

Go get yourself sorted.

Carole

Lauren,

In my humble opinion, dreams can mean many things.

Luke may/may not have over heard you talking about your eye.

But may be he sensed that some how you were concerned about something.

(I think kids are like barometers and no matter how much parents try to hide things they are picked up on some level)

Some one dying in a dream is very much like the Death card in the Tarot...never means what it says on the tin, if you see what I mean.

I have known some very sensitive children who have some amazing abilities.

Please dont worry,

I agree you need to put your mind at ease.

take care

redberry

Yes Daisy thats true, :o

I had thought more of the absolute myriad of meanings, change, choice, rebirth, thoughts, actions

None of them either negative or positive.........

Cor I didnt explain this very well :o

Basically I meant to reassure :(

really sorry if I didnt >:D<<'>

redberry