Sign in to follow this  
hev

i feel my lifes rubbish

ive got asthma and only ever had 2 bad asthma attacks in my life,well ive had 2 last week in the night and another 2 last night,i think its due to stress but i do not know how to stop the stress,i just feel that i cannot cope with steves aspergers especially as hes getting older,i just want to know how to just accept he has aspergers,thats the way it is and just deal with the behaviour instead of getting so worked up all the time,i am now thinking im going to have an asthma attack in the night and not wake up,i dread going to sleep as its so frightening waking up not being able to breathe,i need help but i dont know what to ask the doctor for,what do you think?

Hi Hev,

I have asthma too - and I know it can be frightening when you can't breathe.

Although it sounds to me like these are panic attacks (this will make you feel like you can't breathe) which are more than likely from stress - especially if you feel like you're not dealing with things very well at the moment.

Is there someone who can go with you to your GP - you just need to tell him as it is.

Good luck and take care,

Jb

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Have some of these hev.

I dont suffer from ashma but i do have panic attacks there bloomeing awfull and you think youre going to die.Mine take place on an evening when im in bed.The place youd think youd be most relaxed and there fore not suffer from aniexeity related stuff.

Good luck at the Gps i hope you get the help you require.

My son is 12 hes turning into a bit of a nightmare also.Teenagers are a paine.My Nt daughter went through a year of being a hell on earth experiance.I wanted to put a rope round my neck she caused me that much heartache and agro.She was always being booted out the house to her grandmas because oi just couldnt cope with her or her teenage tantrums.

Hold the thought they all grow up eventually.My daughters now 14 and like a different person compared to what she was like at 12/13.

Edited by Paula

Hi hev , you,ve just got to be completely honest with the gp, tell him everything , it sounds stress related good luck >:D<<'>

Hi Hev,

I think you need to tell it to your doctor like it is - as someone else has said. It does sound as though it could be panic attacks you're having, though if you've had asthma, I'm sure your doctor would need to check to make sure it isn't that. Panic attacks are really debilitating and you can feel as if you can't breath - or like there's a heavy brick on your chest. It's really scary.

I felt exactly as you do last year when I was having panic attacks, that I had to just get on with things because that was just the way they were. Dealing with my daughter had just really got on to-p of me and I knew everything was down to me and that nothing was going to change that. DON'T BELIEVE IT! You shouldn't be feeling this way and you really do need some support Hev. That horribly desparate sensation you're having that there's no way out because Steve's the way he is and you just have to get on with it is being produced by stress. It's a vicious circle that needs to be broken and you need to get the help to break the perception you have of yourself being trapped in something that's never going to change. This was how I felt, and the way I was seeing things, in a totally desparate aand negative way. And the way i was feeling was actually making matters worse with my daughter because I was so on edge all of the time and jumping down her throat that I was exacerbating her behaviours.

I felt if I loosened the strings, or let go a bit, I might unravel altogether and never be the same again. that keyed up feeling over a long period of time is really bad for you. Eventually, I went to my GP, blubbed like a baby because I couldn;'t speak without doing so, and got the help I needed. I can;'t tell you what a relief it was to start feeling like my old self - It's actually only when you start to get yourself back that you realise how low you were and how much that has affected your perception and thinking on just about everything.

I'm begging you, Hev, please seek help. You're obviously suffering and the sooner you seek help the sooner you'll start to feel like yourself again. It;'s just taking that first step that's hardest, after that, you may find you start to feel better simply by reaching out in the right direction to ask for the help.

Is there someone you trust who you could take along with you to see the GP? It can seem really daunting thinking about what you're gong to say, maybe you could write donw how you feel just to get you started?

I really wish you all the best and hope you start to feel better very soon.

Take care. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sue

xx

well i went to the doctor and he checked my breathing,said it was fine,i told him i had been having tingles up my arms for 2 weeks and he said it sounds like panic attacks,in the past when people have said theyve had them i didnt realise just how horrific they are till i got them,hes gave me some new tablets which deal with anxiety which is def what i suffer from,my mum and partner have been brilliant,i feel so much better now ive been,taking the first step,thanks for your replies >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hev, I am glad you went to see the dr and pleased that he has given you something for the panic attacks.

Panic attacks are not fun, dh has them and they scare the cr*p out of him so some tabs to help out should do the trick.

Best of luck

justamom

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hope the meedication helps Hev.

People dismiss panic attacks as something that isnt that bad but there are absolutley awfull,You realy feel like youre going to die any second.

Glad you saw your GP and he's listened to you. Hopefully these will do the trick and you'll be feeling better in no time.

Take care,

Jb

Good on you for going to the doctor. Hope you get the help and support you need.