Sign in to follow this  
lorryw

throwing up, why always 3 in the morning?

My son (21 and non verbal) is very rarely ill, in fact I dont think he has been physically sick for years. He woke at 3 and I heard him moaning and running to the bathroom. I leapt out of bed and ran into the bathroom only to slip and slide in my sons vomit. I guided him to the sink which of course blocked up. We were joned by my husband who stood outside the door, not daring to see the carnage in the batthroom. My son also threw up over my whicker chair before husband could retrieve a bucket from the garden (hope no one saw him, he was stark naked)

Why do these things always happen at three in the morning. My brain is not at its best and you find yourself doing stupid things in a blind panic.

Hes been up 3 times since but Ive been ready with the bucket and hes fast asleep at the moment

Lorainex

I can deal with bums and tum's but not vomit thats hubbies job. Could it have been something that he has eaten to make him vomit?? .

Hope he is ok now

Justamom

I can deal with bums and tum's but not vomit thats hubbies job.

Just the same here 2!!

Hope your sons feeling better now.

We've had the lot over the last few days, that tummy bug thats been doing the rounds hit our family on Wednesday, but seen as DP is rarely here he hasn't caught it. I have a washing pile red rum couldn't jump over that includes sheets from 2am :huh: agreed they pick their moments. Need to drag the Vax out at some point today to give the mattresses a good clean.

If he's got the same bug I've had it too and it isn't nice so your son has my deepest sympathy and I hope he feels better very soon >:D<<'>

I can deal with bums and tum's but not vomit Justamom

Funny, I was discussing this the other day, but when working as a carer it always made me laugh that 'bums/tums AND vomit were pretty much regarded as 'non-events' but a bit of snot or a bogey would send ALL the staff running for the hills!! Just the fact that all the others were 'everyday' I guess while the latter were generally dealt with (or consumed :sick::sick: ) out of sight and without assistance...

As for the original question - why always at 3.00 am: 2 factors -

1) when it happens in the day, it doesn't 'register' as much

2) at 3.00 am you're usually lying down asleep, so gravity gives a helping hand...

Hope he's feeling better, Lorraine,

L&P

BD

Well, if we're doing :sick: ...

The other day I was tying the shoe lace of one of the 'service users' :rolleyes: for whom I care...so he kindly dribbled in my hair!! :o

My, didn't my colleagues laugh hysterically!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Bid :D

When I was 4, I was sick in my bed. My mum put me in bed with my dad while she changed my bed, but before she could finish I was also sick in my mum and dad's bed. So my dad took me to the spare bed while my mum changed the other beds, and I was also sick in there.

A kid at my residential school was sick at least twice a term. Possibly the result of him being diabetic and handling the condition badly. He threw up on the carpet in my room around 3 in the morning. It was disgusting.

The throwing up has stopped and has moved to his other end. He finds that much easier to deal with and I can stop hovering around him with a bucket. Poor lad, hopefully he will feel a bit better after a full nights sleep.

Lorainex

Thanks for all your kind thoughts

Lorry sounds like the same nasty bug, starts one end finishes at the other, my sons been in nappies day and night for 2 days but fingers crossed he seems better tonight :pray:

Watch out for fever with it, few children round here and a couple of adults have ended up in hospital with temperature fits/convulsions :blink: my friends little girl ended up halucinating, was scary, make sure he's drinking plenty, >:D<<'> hopefully it'll only last a short time.

Edited by lil_me

Thanks for the info Lil Me.

He was up on the hour every hour last night and is fast asleep now.

It is really nasty and I know when I was visting Mum in hospital they were taking special precautions with visitors. I work in a school 2 days a week and when I went in on Thursday a member of staff was as white as a sheet and looked dreadful. When I asked if she was ok she said she had sickness and the runs the day before. Stupid woman, I expect loads of children will go down with it over the Easter holidays now.

Lorainexx

Aww, hope he's better soon. Tummy bugs are horrible aren't they? >:D<<'> :(

Did any of the neighbours comment about naked hubby in the garden? :lol:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hope hes on the mend soon.

I have no problem dealing with cr*p and stuff from the rear end.Good job because i deal with it every single day.

But i dont do vomit.Makes me wretch yet i can eat a sandwich whilst cleaning up poo.I leave the vomit to my husband he doesnt do poo.

Its like an x rated jack sprat could eat no fat type of thing.

Thanks everyone, you are all so kind.

Hes much better today, slept all night and both ends seem to have dried up. He is sitting on the settee watching Toy Story and occasionally dashing into the kitchen asking for food.

I dont think anyone saw naked husband in the garden (he would kill me if he ever reads this) but Im checking the local press for any sightings of Bigfoot in the area (he would definately kill me if he read THAT)

Lorainexx

If hes eating then hes defo on the mend. :D

My As son has a regular illness called the 9 o clock miricle.Hes dyeing ,cant eat or speak and hes wracked in paine then as soon as the clock stikes 9 am and the school bus is long gone hey presto praise the lord hes recovered.I fall for it every bloomeing time because i always always give him the benefit of the doubt.One day he could be ill i think.

On the subject of naked husbands in gardens you can bloomeing guarantee that someone will have been around and spotted him.Theres always always someone about.

My 2 were eating fine within 12 hours of being sick, other end kept going for 4 days unfortuntely. Just thankul oldest can still fit in nappies or I'd have needed new beds and carpets :blink: He is rarely ill so found it very hard to cope with, youngest however is always ill and took it in his stride.

Edited by lil_me

I dont think anyone saw naked husband in the garden (he would kill me if he ever reads this) but Im checking the local press for any sightings of Bigfoot in the area (he would definately kill me if he read THAT)

Lorainexx

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

THAT's why I've never told hubby I post on this site, so I can be completely honest with no worries he'll ever see what I've written.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm really glad he's feeling so much better.

Edited by Jill

Aha Lorry, I have just read your post. Sorry to hear himself has been ill. Just remember I've read this and will probably see your lesser half this week too........ dare i mention "bigfoot"to him I wonder........ ( on second thoughts as you've just paid me an inordinately large amount of money I'll keep quiet!!! See you soon. Kat