Sign in to follow this  
mandyque

Daisy Chain Project

http://www.daisychainproject.co.uk/

Daisy Chain is in it's infant stages at present but we are working hard to progress towards the aim of having an holistic centre where children with autism and their families will receive support and respite care. We are based on a small farm where we currently have pigs, donkeys, lambs, sheep, goats, rabbit and guinea pigs. Our aims are to add a 10 bed respite centre, a day centre and resource facility, family support and also a leisure facility to benefit children with autism.

Currently we are about to start work on our 3 acre field where there will be a number of areas focusing on sensory stimuli in a fun and relaxing atmosphere and also on a Play barn which will have soft play and other activities which will benefit children with autism.

I personally have a 9 year old daughter with severe autism and I work voluntarily for Daisy Chain in their office and have done various things to raise the profile of the charity, publicity and the like. The place is wonderful, as a parent I am so excited about the whole project, we already have the LINKS group for parents and carers and we organise leisure activities during school holidays for the kids. We also actively help with things such as acquiring funding for things which are needed by our families, my daughter received a brand new special buggy which was applied for on my behalf by Daisy Chain. We have secured funding for respite care and helped with the all too important form filling we have to endure on a regular basis. :wacko:

Currently most of the work is in building and fundraising so that we can reach our goals which as you can imagine will cost probably a couple of million. But we are doing it bit by bit and the finished product will be the closest thing to the perfect autism facility in the country.

Sorry for rambling on but I'm sure you agree that this sort of facility is desperately needed and hopefully sometime in the not too distant future we may inspire others to open similar centres across the country. In the meantime people are welcome to visit our website, and the farm and to contact us for advice and support no matter where they live in the country.

You have every right ot be excited about this it looks wonderful. Well done to all of you for the effort and hard work that this project must have taken :notworthy:

Oracle

This looks absolutely brilliant. :thumbs:

A very BIG well done to all those involved in making this happen. :clap::clap:

Brook ;)

Edited by Brook

Mandy :D

Have you applied for lottery funding? A good few eyars ago a friend of mine on another list set up a group, along with a friend, that is now the biggest provider of services in her area. They actually provide more than the LA and the NAS and just recently they were awarded a couple of hundred thousand by the lottery people, I forget the actual figure but I could get it for you. They still fundraise and very good they are at it too, but the money they've just received is going to provide so much more and I believe that one day they'll get their school as well as everythig else they plan to do.

Good luck with your venture and I have to add, as my friend would want me to, that she is now part of a smashing team working towards a common goal. >:D<<'> :clap::wub:

Edited by bridie

Mandy :D

Have you applied for lottery funding? A good few eyars ago a friend of mine on another list set up a group, along with a friend, that is now the biggest provider of services in her area. They actually provide more than the LA and the NAS and just recently they were awarded a couple of hundred thousand by the lottery people, I forget the actual figure but I could get it for you. They still fundraise and very good they are at it too, but the money they've just received is going to provide so much more and I believe that one day they'll get their school as well as everythig else they plan to do.

Good luck with your venture and I have to add, as my friend would want me to, that she is now part of a smashing team working towards a common goal. >:D<<'> :clap::wub:

Thanks for this Bridie, we have applied for lottery funding, not sure if we got anything but we have a good team working hard on securing funding from wherever possible. Their enthusiasm is infectious and of course as a mum I am very keen to see it up and running as soon as we can possibly do it. We are liaising with the NAS as well as all the statutory authorities to ensure that all the latest standards are upheld, the latest findings are discussed and taken on board and most importantly, feedback from the children and their parents/carers. I can't wait for the kids to get back to school so I can go back to work :D:dance:

Bumping because if anyone was watching Tyne Tees television on 24th April the DaisyChain on there is the same one. It's a fantastic place by the sound of things.