Sign in to follow this  
lizzie

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

I am so angry!!!! :angry::angry: I have had problems getting K to school since sept last year, he has had a vast amount of time off, since christmas he hasnt had a full week in school, but no-one at school has noticed!!He hasnt been at all since before easter........ It all came to a head recently when K got so upset about the prospect of school that he tried to jump out of his bedroom window!!(upstairs window!) I got in touch with his paed and she said she would bring K's problems up during a multi agency meeting at school that week. At the meeting before the paed had chance to speak, the head of senco at K's school was asked how K was doing, to which he replied, he is doing very well indeed He has settled in very well and there are no problems to report at the moment!!!! It had to be pointed out to him, that K hadnt been to school for weeks and was struggling with his work because the majority of his teachers were not even aware that K had AS!!! I am disgusted with them, Ive been considering taking K out of school and teaching him at home, I feel this is my only option now, I dont think I could trust the school again after this!!! Sorry for raging on but im so mad!!!!! :angry:

Was anyone from the lea at this multi-agency meeting........the school senco sounds like a joke :wallbash:

I could think of some thing else Id call him, But its not lady-like!! K's paed wasnt happy about it at all! I couldnt ever feel relaxed knowing Id sent him to that school now the trust has gone. Ive had the senco on the phone several times promising K all sorts, amazingly, I rang to speak to him on numerous occasions before the meeting and left messages, not once did he reply :angry: I still cant believe K had so much time off school without it being noticed, its a good thing he wasnt playing truant wasnt it? K has been signed off school with severe depression now and I hold the senco responsible, Im going to complain to Lea, I feel the system has let K down badly!! :angry:

Get the minutes of that meeting! They will prove that the school haven't been dealing with K's issues at all. Don't be fobbed off you are entitled to a copy. Did the SENCo have ANYTHING to say in reply to what he was told? I'd like to know how the hell he could think he, or they, could get away with such a blatant lie.

Find out who the senior postholder is for inclusion and let them have it both barrels...I know I would!

This is shocking and heads should role :angry: Even if you do decided to HE then I would not let this matter drop. I have been there and done the suicide threats and it's not a nice place to be I know :( .

When they were trying to get David back into school the first thing they asked him to do was to write down all of the things that he liked about school :wacko::tearful: This to a child who was also talking and attempting to jump from multi-story buildings to get away from school. It makes you wonder if they have a brain cell between em. And they are called the professionals - wish there was a smilie that spat :oops: sorry inappropriate I know.

Oracle

This is shocking and heads should role :angry: Even if you do decided to HE then I would not let this matter drop. I have been there and done the suicide threats and it's not a nice place to be I know :( .

When they were trying to get David back into school the first thing they asked him to do was to write down all of the things that he liked about school :wacko::tearful: This to a child who was also talking and attempting to jump from multi-story buildings to get away from school. It makes you wonder if they have a brain cell between em. And they are called the professionals - wish there was a smilie that spat :oops: sorry inappropriate I know.

Oracle

I wish there was a smiley that mooned!!! :o

When they were trying to get David back into school the first thing they asked him to do was to write down all of the things that he liked about school :wacko::tearful: Oracle

William has had to fill a questionnaire for the secondary school.... there was section which asked him to fill in three things he likes about school...this is what he wrote

1. Home time

2. Home time

3. Home time

Says it all doesn't it?

Lauren

William has had to fill a questionnaire for the secondary school.... there was section which asked him to fill in three things he likes about school...this is what he wrote

1. Home time

2. Home time

3. Home time

Says it all doesn't it?

Lauren

Ahhhhhh Lauren, that is so sad... and yes it does say it all, my lad hates school just as much, I caught him trying to cut his school tie up a while back, when I asked him why he said'' Im not allowed in school without my tie'' It breaks me to think they have to spend so much time in a place they hate and where they dont get looked after properly, thats why Ive decided to home ed. x Lizzie