Sign in to follow this  
oracle

Home Education Review

I decided to post this because I know that some parents fear home educating because of their fears of their LEA's. I have quite a troublesome LEA but not for home ed it appears :D

We had Matthew's annual home ed review today and it went really well. :thumbs: In fact as we left we were actually told that as we know Matthew best we are the best people to be supplying his education :clap:

Now while this made both my husband and I happy I also think that it wrote off what we have on offer in our LA for children like Matthew at the moment and that's not such good news :(

All we ever take is a programme of work, although they do ask for samples of Matthew's work, but I know that we don't have to supply this and so I so we never take any - they never ask for them. It's not that I have a problem with letting anyone see his work, the Out Reacher worker and his Speech Therapist have. But I like to stick to the advice given by EO and so far it's worked for us.

We always go with a sunny smile and a nice attitude and to be honest with you that's the only way we have ever been treated so no complaints at all :D

Oracle

Never mind anual reviews missus - have you got something floral and frothy yet for the 24th

Does anyone know what Oracle look like? Please do not tell me she is the spit of John Prescott!!

Oracle and I have to find each other across the Members Dining Room at the House of Commons and I don't suppose either of us relish the thought of getting it wrong and being cornered by 'two ######'

Love

Space hopper on speed!

Lovely news oracle :thumbs:

Kathryn, speaking of two ######. My dp Terry is a web designer and has a particular interest in search engine key words. He was doing a bit of messing around and discovered if you type a particular nasty insult into the search engine JP comes up as number 1. Can't type the word on here but am happy to pm if interested. Just a bit of funny trivia.

As for you both finding each other just look out for the determined looking stressed person and your eyes will meet accross a crowded room ! Just a lucky guess!

Lauren

I decided to post this because I know that some parents fear home educating because of their fears of their LEA's. I have quite a troublesome LEA but not for home ed it appears :D

We had a similier experience, when Henry was in school, loads of problems with the LEA, I was convinced that the Home Education Advisor would be just as bad, but they were loevly, very encouraging and dare I say it actually helpfull

Helen I will be the one wearing a Lilac Jacket and Cream Skirt - unless of course I change my mind by next Wednesday :lol: We will also be the only guys there carrying bucket loads of lego as we will be coming directly from Lego Land :o

I spoke to Robert Yule yesterday (NAS) so that I could get a good idea as to what the agenda is fro the day. It sounds as if they have invited the world and his wife so it could be busy.

Oracle

Hi Oracle

Treehouse will be there.

I don't know what to wear!

Two hours isn't long is it.

My MP won't be there but a few hundred yards up the road is another constituency and the MP will be there from that one.

Love

HelenL