Sign in to follow this  
DaisyProudfoot

Didn't they do well

This is sort of off topic/on topic but thought I would share this with you anyway. My hubbs runs a scout troop and the scouts (who currently range in age from 10 to 13) have been preparing for a hill hike of 10 km.

Anyway they did it on Saturday (weather warm but rainy) and did extremely well bearing in mind that the leaders keep a safe distance from them (approx 15 minutes behind them). My own AS son is in a scout patrol with another AS child and which is led by a child with ADHD and they did the hike in record time!

It's moments like this that fill you with pride knowing how much our SEN children can achieve when they put their minds to it and work as a team :D

Thats really nice i hope when my lad gets older he can do that sort of stuff too cos he loves sports and stuff its nice to think they wil be able to manage things like that id be proud too.

:notworthy: well done to them, haven't done 10k for a long time, would probably cripple me now :oops:

Well done to your hubby for organising it aswell, usually a thankless job, well not as much as they deserve

Thanks folks. Hubbs suggested to my son that he asks another AS friend he has at school to join the scouts too so they don't lose touch with each other when they go to different schools.

That'll be 3 AS and one ADHD kid all in one troop! Oh, forgot to mention one of my other sons who has Dyspraxia - he's in our scouts too.

Get them all together and for some reason they're easier to work with! :D