justamom

Talking loudly

Keegan has been talking so loudly lately and apparenlty being told off in class for this. The other night we has some trouble with him, he was surposed to go with his mates to the park but went somewhere different and in a fit of rage i shouted at him and he said put his hands over his ears and said.

"Its that sound again, like when the telly goes funny with no signal"

He's being having this for a few days now and is talking extra loud - my husband suffers from tinitus and is 40% deaf in one ear so is his brother (90%) so its a heditary deafness.

Keegan said that he gets this noise when he is stressed - he's had a rather stressful day today at school.

I wonder if this is the start of tinitus or just stress or maybe a bigger problem like deafness that we need to check out urgently.

Anybody got any views on this! Do your children talk loudly??

yes justamom my 2 talk loudly ll the time and even shout we keep telling them we are not deaf but it makes no difference although they have sensory probs i.e.don't loke loud noises or bangs fireworks that is what amazes me they talk so loudly i have to continually tell them to be quiet,they have been for loads of hearing tests but their hearing is perfectly normal i think i read somewhere on this site that it has to do with the inner ear maybe someone will remember this on the site apart from that nothing else to add but your not the only one but i have 2 think i will need a hearing aid by the time im 50 haha keep smilin luv karin

reece talks really loudly or shouts and also dosnt like loud noises around him his hearing was checked and he got 100 percent normal be nice some days if he had a volume control :lol::lol:

phas jr doesnt like loud sudden noises and at nearly 17 loves fireworks but will borrow a pair of phas' mate industrial earmufflers to watch them. however i would still get his hearing checked especially as you seem to have a family history

WHOOPS! posted as phas again really must remember the log in thingy SORRY ALL!

Edited by phasmid

>:D<<'> MY 6 YEAR OLD ASD SON SREAMS CONSTANTLY WHEN HE TALKS IT CAN REALLY GET YOU DOWN I TELL HIM WE ARE NOT IN THE NORTH POLE BUT HE DOESNT UNDERSTAND THAT EIGHTHER. MY OTHER SON DOESNT SHOUT AS MUCH. ELDEST IS ASPERGERS SO DONT KNOW IF ITS AN ASPIE OR AN ASD THING. THEY BOTH CANT COPE WITH NOISE WHICH IS ODD.

Hubby says it is like a footie match in our house with me DD and DS all competing to see who can shout the loudest.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HE MEANS!!!!!!!!!LOL

Lisa