Sign in to follow this  
TheNeil

Stupid Question But What's...?

I know that everyone will probably think that I'm totally brain dead but could someone tell me what a 'Senco' is? Or a DD? Or a...?

You all use these abbreviations and words/things and I haven't got the faintest idea what most of them mean. Figured out AS (Asperger's Syndrome - although that was pretty easy for me) but DH? District Hospital? Door Hook? Dinner Hall? Dancing House?

If someone could find a spare 5 mins to come up with a list then it'd be mucho appreciated :huh:

Edited by TheNeil

Never mind, if I opened my eyes occasionally I'd have spotted the 'Jargon Buster' button in the top right hand of the screen :wacko:

Thanks I've been wondering the same thing for awhile and never noticed the jargon buster button either. Also the DH DD DS thing I knew it referred to family from the way posts are written but sometimes slightly different terms are used and I was never sure if it was 'dear' or something else. I just write my S cause he's my son and his initial is S too. I don't put DS cause sometimes I don't feel like calling him 'dear' lol!!

hey Neil.............it stands for special educational needs co ordinating officer.....................but I have a few more definitions :dance:

I know that everyone will probably think that I'm totally brain dead but could someone tell me what a 'Senco' is? Or a DD? Or a...?

You all use these abbreviations and words/things and I haven't got the faintest idea what most of them mean. Figured out AS (Asperger's Syndrome - although that was pretty easy for me) but DH? District Hospital? Door Hook? Dinner Hall? Dancing House?

If someone could find a spare 5 mins to come up with a list then it'd be mucho appreciated :huh:

As far as I'm aware DH, DS and DD is DARLING Husband, Darling Son and, you got it, darling daughter!! :lol:

~ Mel ~

hey Neil.............it stands for special educational needs co ordinating officer.....................but I have a few more definitions :dance:

:lol::lol:

TheNeil, please always feel free to ask - someone else probably wants to know the answer as well. It took me ages to figure out what all these abbreviations meant. Perhaps it's time to add a few more items to the Jargon Buster too!

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Kathryn, that sounds like a great idea...could be have abbreviations added for when our dh's etc are not being a darling????Hmmmm, could think of some wonderful ones....... :whistle:

I too struggled to understand the abbreviations when I first joined the forum...although I wasn't brave enough to ask :ph34r:

Hi I asked this a few days ago, click on techie corner

xx

Kathryn, that sounds like a great idea...could be have abbreviations added for when our dh's etc are not being a darling????Hmmmm, could think of some wonderful ones....... :whistle:

:lol: I suppose D in that case could stand for "demon". :devil:;)

I've added all the "D's" to the jargon buster now.

K x