Sign in to follow this  
oracle

We are so Lucky

I love living within walking distance of the sea. Sunderland may not be the best place on earth to live but we have a brilliant beach reaching from Roker to Seaburn and Whitburn and this week it's been like living on the Costa Del Sol. You can't always rely on the weather but the last couple of weeks have been brilliant and we have had endless fun and it's all been free :dance:

Matthew loves the beach and the sea and it feels like we have been on holiday - except that we did not spend a fortune to come here and we get to sleep in our own beds :D .

Today we had the Air Show and although it's not my scene we spent another 5 hours just lazing around watching the show. The Red Arrows as ever are very impressive and I still duck every time they whiz past and Matthew struck up a friendship with another little lad and they dug the biggest hole I have ever seen :o

Count your blessings they say and living next to the sea is one of mine.

Oracle

:crying: We haven't been able to make the show this year, first time since I was 13 :ph34r: bit of a nerd on aircraft after spending too long in the air cadets.

My kids like that little beach where you go either under the bridge after the park, can I heck remember the name.

If we lived near a beach my son would never be at home :blink: he'd want to be on the beach all day, rain hail or shine

If we lived near a beach my son would never be at home :blink: he'd want to be on the beach all day, rain hail or shine

mine too - in our 3 1/2 days in France Dot managed 13 swims with various members of the family. I managed 2!

wish we lived by the sea but there are lovely becks and shallow rivers in yorkshire to make up for it

Z

I totally agree - we live in a little village on the coast and its fantastic. The village has its own little harbour and beach and we've had a fantastic summer as the weather has allowed us to be there most days and the kids are ecstatic. Its definitely a blessing.

Lynne x

Guest flutter

just come back from a great walk along the beach and a walk along the street, bit os beach that u can walk along dependin on the tide

and yesterday was the regatta, so was great fun on al the rides

:dance:

Oh sounds great wish we lived near the sea it's a 2 hour drive to sea side.Lil-me sounds like my hubby he was in RAF cadets and my living room is full of Plane pics and plates got that many made him sell some.LOl!!!!

Lisa x

we live by the sea too and i love it,feel i have a bit of freedom and sanity there,will show you some pics of last time we went..

View of the beach from my left...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/sidders/drigg014.jpg

View of the beach from my right...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/sidders/drigg003.jpg

our little campfire..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/sidders/drigg001.jpg

me looking rather windswept and interesting...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/sidders/drigg015.jpg

And this was the view as we drove home,we really do live in a beautiful part of the country,i dont get to appreciate it enough...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/sidders/drigg021.jpg

Tranquility at its best :thumbs:

dont know why that wouldnt work,have just left the links on :wacko:

Edited by lindy-lou

Jammy devils!!!

We took my friend and her autistic son down to the beach on Friday. An hour and a half their and the same back. We had one of those weird surreal journeys only parents of autistic children (although one is 21 this week and the other almost 20) can know and understand.

My friends lad repeated his social stories over and over again, with the occasional loud cough and sniff. Mine contented himself by sneezing violently and playing his talking Popeye toy over and over again. My husband gamely tried to listen to music on the CD. Our heads were spinning by the time we arrived at the beach.

The lads had a brilliant time and we both said how great it would be to live by the sea.

As I said, jammy devils!

Lorainexx

We live by the sea too and we had the best holiday ever this year. We booked into a local holiday park for a week. We then used the facilities during the day and went 5 minutes down the road to our own beds at night. No meltdowns from AS son all week as he didn't have to sleep in a strange place and got to see the cats every day. It was also cheap as we booked the cheapest possible chalet as we only used it as a base during the day. I think the holiday camp staff thought we were a bit mad though, but we're quite used to that.

Denise 2

Born and bred in the East End and now residing on the Essex side of Dagenham I'vve always hankered to live by the coast. I even love southend in the winter!!!!!!!!!!! Youre so lucky, but I'll get there one day.

I envy you all - and Lindy Lou, your part of the world looks fantastic! We're a couple of hours from the sea. :(

Growing up in a landlocked country, the sea has always fascinated me. When I went on seaside holidays as a child, it used to take two days in the car to get there and the first glimpse of that incredibly straight blue horizon was so exciting!

I've only ever lived on the coast for a year (Port Elizabeth, South Africa). It was wonderful - we'd have to pay good money now for the sea view we used to take for granted. Every weekend we used to get takeaway pizzas or burgers and go and eat them on the beach - we were chidless and carefree then - different world! :rolleyes:B)

K x

I'm reckoning that with global warming accelerating the way it is we won't need to move to the coast, it will come to us :o:lol:

We used to live near the North Norfolk coast, it was absolute bliss to go to the beach, apart from in the summer when it was impossible to park anywhere near it and the local council then charged to park in the town ( :lol: ) centre.

Our old, very, cottage there is now up for sale, I bet it's way out of our league now and will be bought as a holiday home :angry:

wac

Aw kathryn that made me feel quite sad :( I must add that we do have a lovely big nuclear plant in amongst our tranquility :blink:

I agree Oracle we are very fortunate living on the coast here in Sunderland. Although we don't live walking distance its a very short trip in the car/bus. I think we're doubly fortunate because we can go in the opposite direction and we are in the middle of beautiful countryside, yep we should count our blessings. (I'll try to remember that when I'm having an off day) :whistle:

Tilly