forbsay

ASD son lost his favourite toy

my asd 6 has lost his favourite toy. he is going on and on about it. have tried to look for it in the house but can't find it - mind you the house is a total mess! :o

Can anyone give me ideas as to how to deal with this? i even tried to get another one but can't find one in the shops............

Forbsay

possible 'quick fix' ... is there any chance you can find a picture of it on the internet and print off so he's got a 'reminder' until it turns up? Sounds odd, I know, but just the reassurance that it's 'out there somewhere' might help a little...You could even do a 'missing' poster for on his door or something? Could blow up in your face, but a good chance it could work too

can't find in shops... have you tried amazon or even the EBay auctions? When mine was obsessed with 'Wacky Races' that was the only place i could track down memorabelia. failing that, try going direct to the manufacturer if you know who and 'blagg' one...

L&P

BD :D

If you're certain it is in the house our dd accepts that the toy has "gone on holiday" or in the case of her windup caterpillars (don't ask :rolleyes: ) that they have crawled off and will be back soon!

Good luck!

Anna x (I bought a spare of each of her fav toys and every time she would change her loyalty! :rolleyes: )

Hi Baddad, just gone on ebay.

it is a particular type of white toy bus - have put a bid in. The bus is not the same as the one that he has lost but is very similar. I have got my fingers crossed!

will try the poster as well to show that i haven't forgotten. But the problem is getting a picture of a national express single decker bus - will try their website............. :blink:

what a way to spend my saturday night - though i will be having some wine after this and boy do i need it!

Forbsay

i think thats lovely baddad and summertime put those links on there,hope you have luck finding the bus you want

Hi, Forsbay -

Any luck with that bid? From the 'Wacky' days i learned the trick is to nip in at the last minute with a 'maximum' bid ending in '51p'. That was years ago, though, so don't know if it still works!

L&P

Absolute nightmare ... I think a lot of us would know this one ... that special toy that isn't even allowed to leave the house in case it gets lost ... or if it does leave the house, you check your child every 5 minutes to check he still has it, and you write all your contact details on it in case it goes missing.

I can sympathise, I hope you find it or get a suitable replacement really soon.

I insist all toys go on a lead outside!! Not popular with dd but fed up with retracing our steps looking for dropped toys!!!!

Anna x

Hi baddad

Yeh, we got the bus - ?8.01 (think the 1p made all the difference as someone was bidding against us). Thank you so much for the picture link - this is very similar to the lost bus. If he does not like it then we will put it back on ebay :P

Likewise, summer thank you so much for the link - will put both of these links into my favourites for future use.

It has been a weird day. My little boy was going on and on about his bus this morning. Felt quite helpless and i am ashamed to say that i shouted at him. Seemed to do me alot of good after my mummy meltdown as i felt alot calmer.

Thanks again for all your help

Forbes

(alot calmer mummy now)

oh my god

i remeber my sister bought my boy a toy dogger when he was a baby-this became stuck to him permentally and still is today although i weaned him off it alot :dance:

i had to buy a rook of them from woolworths for fear they would sell out-he must of lost 7 of them over the years.

u know what he can tell the difference betwen them all by the smell-amazing.

Hopefully this ebay bus will arrive soon as he is going on and on. His daddy is dealing with him as i am at work at the moment

Will be using baddad's suggestion re the poster!

Forbsay

Bus has arrived - thank god!

It is smaller than his other one but hopefully it will do the job and we will no longer have the phrase "national express bus" in our faces all the time.

By the way summertime - that website is fab!

Forbsay

x

Edited by forbsay

Yes, sigh bliss has been returned. though this morning he was asking for a national express bus with 3 skylights. His new one only has got 2............... :D

Yes, sigh bliss has been returned. though this morning he was asking for a national express bus with 3 skylights. His new one only has got 2............... :D

Have you tried ebay for a swiss army knife with a can opener attachment? As many skylights as you want that way! :lol::lol::lol:

L&P

Pleased to hear you got this sorted. I'm one of the paranoid people who buys more than one of toys if he likes them just incase and store them away.

my asd 6 has lost his favourite toy. he is going on and on about it. have tried to look for it in the house but can't find it - mind you the house is a total mess! :o

Can anyone give me ideas as to how to deal with this? i even tried to get another one but can't find one in the shops............

Forbsay

Finding it is important i a have as and still have mine at 19 im lost with out it. Its like you as a paretn not knowing where your child is or losing ur car keys. I cried for days when i lost it and ran infront of a car to get mine it will mean alot to your child

i bet yr so glad peace at last reece is a nightmare if he looses any thing we spend hrs looking 4 things as he just goes on and on